2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

I wrote about it in Red Bull thread but two things make sense. If Red Bull used it it would explain why McLaren had better pace at end of races. McLaren would end up on their qualy ride height while Red Bull ran a better race ride height (quicker earlier on).

Also teams probably can see when Red Bull brought it to the car, if it is in open source documents. I hope we get that info.

Btw I would be disappointed to win WDC through a penalty but then again, a win is a win.

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:05
CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:52
LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:30

You know perfectly well that I know this. I'm ruling out McLaren for now because their pace with full tanks is not as excellent as with an empty tank. But you can't change the front end of the T-Tray floor during the race, right? I mean, McLaren is already fast with an empty tank in race conditions. Why would they make the car even faster in qualifying for one fast lap? Their weak point is the standing starts and the pace in the first phase of the race.

I don't discuss other teams in this thread. This thread is about McLaren. I just wrote my assumptions about it. I'm more interested in what surprise Stella was talking about earlier about the upgrade package for the last six races.
What did Stella say earlier about the surprise?
‘Surprise there isn’t an upgrade’? =P~ =P~
Stella said they were preparing a surprise. As far as I understood, he was talking about technical updates that will still be coming this season. I'll go look for where I saw this a month ago.

Okay, I found this post on Russian-language autosport from September 17. Indeed, a month ago. :D

“McLaren are preparing a surprise with the upgrades – we are almost done with the development of new parts, I can confirm that we have some for the next races. I don’t want to give away too many details about what will happen and when, but we have a plan to make the car faster. Whether we will succeed or not, we will see, because I think we have all seen that at this level of development of the car, changing the technical characteristics of the car is not an easy task. But that is why we have taken a little bit more time to make sure that what we bring to the track will be successful,” Andrea Stella told Motorsport Week.

CjC
CjC

Macklaren wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:27
LOL RBR And they were STILL having issues with kerbs?
also VERY well played McLaren for finding this, flagging it to the FIA
AHEM, Rob Marshall :twisted:
Just a fan's point of view

Macklaren
Macklaren

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:14
Macklaren wrote:
If it's been around for that long!

CjC
CjC

Macklaren wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:15
CjC wrote:
Macklaren wrote:
Yea I thought that but for the sake of the joke I thought I’d stretch the truth a bit =P~

CjC
CjC

LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:37
LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:05
CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:52

What did Stella say earlier about the surprise?
‘Surprise there isn’t an upgrade’? =P~ =P~
Stella said they were preparing a surprise. As far as I understood, he was talking about technical updates that will still be coming this season. I'll go look for where I saw this a month ago.

Okay, I found this post on Russian-language autosport from September 17. Indeed, a month ago. :D

“McLaren are preparing a surprise with the upgrades – we are almost done with the development of new parts, I can confirm that we have some for the next races. I don’t want to give away too many details about what will happen and when, but we have a plan to make the car faster. Whether we will succeed or not, we will see, because I think we have all seen that at this level of development of the car, changing the technical characteristics of the car is not an easy task. But that is why we have taken a little bit more time to make sure that what we bring to the track will be successful,” Andrea Stella told Motorsport Week.
Thank you. I recall reading part of this interview a few weeks back.

Macklaren
Macklaren

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:17
Macklaren wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:15
CjC wrote:

Yea I thought that but for the sake of the joke I thought I’d stretch the truth a bit =P~
Your joke is more believable than a team saying they had an illegal performance enhancing device in the car but chose not to use it ever :lol:

CjC
CjC

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D>

CjC
CjC

Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:10
I won't be happy if I see an empty upgrade sheet for McLaren this race, I'll tell you that much :D
Like the non-front wing update in Singapore that I was oh so sure they had after looking at that picture #-o

BMMR61

Macklaren wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 20:18
LionsHeart wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:55
mwillems wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 19:43

Gossip until shown otherwise.
By the way, the FIA ​​has already said that they found nothing suspicious in the cars? Maybe they just want to close another grey area of ​​the regulations? Just like it was with the braking system. Nothing was said openly about which of the teams could use such a braking system.
There are some good stories about this in the media. The device/system was definitely found on a car. But there is no hard evidence that it was actually used in a race. The FIA cannot say anything until they get that evidence based on past precedence
Sounds very like Benetton's defence in 1994 of code found in their system which was allegedly to provide traction control. They said it was there but it wasn't used......

Ben1980
Ben1980

It's good to be back isn't it?

Anyway, saw what Maxy said about Oscar, that's lumping some pressure in early doors. Bit of mind games.

CjC
CjC

Just thought the same Ben!
Someone forgot to turn the stove off when they all left Singapore!!

Oscar and Norris have waded right in!!

Oscar:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/piast ... /10663613/

Norris:
https://www.racefans.net/2024/10/17/nor ... ib-device/

Ben1980
Ben1980

I love the drama when it gets all narky

Darth-Piekus

That is the second offense in the same season for the Red Bull team though that wasn't a surprise to me. That team is full of controversy. Do you think Red Bull might recieve a point penalty for it?

LionsHeart
LionsHeart

CjC wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 22:54
Just thought the same Ben!
Someone forgot to turn the stove off when they all left Singapore!!

Oscar and Norris have waded right in!!

Oscar:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/piast ... /10663613/

Norris:
https://www.racefans.net/2024/10/17/nor ... ib-device/
It's about time. This psychological game can be played by two, three, etc. Marko and Verstappen are not the only ones allowed to play these games.

If I were them, I would add that Verstappen needs a stronger teammate. Let him take points from him, why not?