2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Space-heat wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:54
Space-heat wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:52
CaribouBread wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:48
Bad management, good pace. Now I'm praying for a Norris penalty :mrgreen:
Their won't be a penalty. From the onboard Norris parked it on the corner instead of taking the wider racing line as he predicted Charles' move. Unless there is another angle it didn't look like he did anything wrong.
Stand corrected - https://x.com/autosport/status/1847712022898889211 there is hope!
Probably will be let off with a reprimand but one can still pray! :mrgreen:

Vanja #66

Space-heat wrote:
Stand corrected - https://x.com/autosport/status/1847712022898889211 there is hope!
Good job from stewards to pick this up and at least investigate. It was erratic driving by very definition, opening the door and shutting it to force an incident. Without Leclerc's reflex reaction, would have been a double DNF
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Space-heat
Space-heat

CaribouBread wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:55
Space-heat wrote:
Space-heat wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:52

Their won't be a penalty. From the onboard Norris parked it on the corner instead of taking the wider racing line as he predicted Charles' move. Unless there is another angle it didn't look like he did anything wrong.
Probably will be let off with a reprimand but one can still pray! :mrgreen:
Hopium. But yes, probably difficult to prove conclusively so most likely a warning as you said.

Space-heat
Space-heat

Vanja #66 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 20:57
Space-heat wrote:
Good job from stewards to pick this up and at least investigate. It was erratic driving by very definition, opening the door and shutting it to force an incident. Without Leclerc's reflex reaction, would have been a double DNF
Charles on-board was crazy to avoid crashing.

Hopefully MCL and Merc have to tune out some quali pace and allows Charles and Carlos to start in the top 3.

yooogurt

And in a couple of moments Carlos was diving so hard, just knowing that Charles would leave the place (he wouldn't let both drivers down, would he?), it was so dirty, I had a better opinion of Carlos before today.
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

With all the disappointment from Carlos, at least we can say that the updates worked, and Diego Tondi with engineers well done, brought the car out of crisis, great job.
FORZA FERRARI!

FDD
FDD

The car is lookin' excellent.
Hope they'll keep the trend in car/operations development.

ScuderiaLeo

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:01
And in a couple of moments Carlos was diving so hard, just knowing that Charles would leave the place (he wouldn't let both drivers down, would he?), it was so dirty, I had a better opinion of Carlos before today.
We have been shown time and time again that Ferrari is fine with Sainz and Leclerc battling each other stupidly hard, so is it that surprising Sainz keeps doing it?

I find it hard to blame Sainz here. He was the faster Ferrari at the start. Yes, we all know this usually ends with him cooking his tires, but the "why" about it doesn't change the fact he was a faster car behind his slower teammate and he was losing time behind Leclerc. I can't remember what race I said this about earlier in the year, but if they're going to take opposite strategies every race they might as well start letting Sainz pass Leclerc so they don't waste each other's time. If Leclerc's strategy is the right one he'll end up passing Sainz at the end anyway.

But the team encourages him to do things like this by not speaking up about it. Literally as I'm typing this, an interview came on my TV of Vasseur saying at no point did they think about team orders or telling them to stop. In Leclerc's post-race interviews he doesn't seem mad at Sainz, just frustrated by how things turned out which I think is fair.

What's most important from this session is a) they left with more points than their competitors and b) they know how to improve for qualifying and the race. They did a), let's see if they do b) too.

Interesting thing to note is that Leclerc said they know what's losing them time in qualifying but it's not something they can fix this weekend and not something that can be discussed yet. I wonder if this implies they'll be changing things for the next race, or if he's just hinting to next year's development.

yooogurt

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:24
He was the faster Ferrari at the start.
I don't think so, it's not possible to be faster when all things being equal (car, tires, drs, etc) without Charles making a mistake. That is, Carlos had the opportunity to attack, the only thing that comes to mind here is a more charged battery, Charles used up more of it than Carlos on the first lap in an attempt to overtake Georges, and he didn't let Charles recharge it, constantly attacking with more charge.
FORZA FERRARI!

Sieper

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:01
Carlos has always done so.

For me the low point was when he put Alonso in the grass, almost the wall, on the main straight in Mexico.

He is out of the Ferrari seat and is extra non-caring now in my opinion.

Emag
Emag

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:32
ScuderiaLeo wrote:
He was the faster Ferrari at the start.
I don't think so, it's not possible to be faster when all things being equal (car, tires, drs, etc) without Charles making a mistake. That is, Carlos had the opportunity to attack, the only thing that comes to mind here is a more charged battery, Charles used up more of it than Carlos on the first lap in an attempt to overtake Georges, and he didn't let Charles recharge it, constantly attacking with more charge.
I think that's a bit too much. Charles is great but he is not the jesus of driving. Although it rarely happens and it's been a while since the last time, Carlos has at times been faster than Charles.

yooogurt

ScuderiaLeo wrote:
Literally as I'm typing this, an interview came on my TV of Vasseur saying at no point did they think about team orders or telling them to stop.
It's funny, considering that after Carlos overtook Charles, the engineer told Charles to save tires and attack less in turn 10 (I believe), and if Binnotto had been in Vasseur's place, he would have been eaten with giblets right now :D
FORZA FERRARI!

yooogurt

Emag wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:39
Carlos has at times been faster than Charles.
Yes he was, but how many moments have you seen, when a teammate with the same tires in drs train was faster than his teammate at the beginning of the race on a equal car?
I don't believe that it was a matter of skill, and I can't find any other explanation than that Charles had less battery power.
FORZA FERRARI!

ScuderiaLeo

yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 21:32
Leclerc is obviously a better driver than Sainz on average and is typically faster but to say that there is no situation where Sainz could be faster is just not true. Leclerc makes mistakes like any other human so you can't eliminate the possibility of him making them. And even small ones matter when their pace is this close.

One mediocre showing from Leclerc doesn't erase the months of him beating Sainz, but those months of him beating Sainz also don't mean Sainz can never beat him.

deadhead

Really looking forward to Sunday now.. especially the stint on the hard tire
yooogurt wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:45
deadhead wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 17:03
The W15 seems quite handy on the straight so overtaking Russell needs to happen on lap 1-2
nah, Charle will overtake Gorge when merc tyres go off.
Spot on.