2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Sainz has been the better driver all weekend. Leclerc has made a lot of anonymous laps in qualification sessions and was struggling and wasting Sainz's time in the sprint. It is only if you simply like him so much that you can't see the problems that you would blame Sainz for anything.
Last edited by AR3-GP on 20 Oct 2024, 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
A lion must kill its prey.

JPower
JPower

yooogurt wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:08
JPower wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 00:49
Showing he has pace to challenge Leclerc will absolutely add good points to his resume.
That's a delusion, he showed nothing today except that he doesn't care about the team, so the number two has less chance and he doesn't have the speed for a number one.
He’s showed he’s pretty quick this weekend. Sitting behind Leclerc and/or acting like Checo would do him far worse. If you’re free to race, then race.

yooogurt

JPower wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:14
He’s showed he’s pretty quick this weekend. Sitting behind Leclerc and/or acting like Checo would do him far worse. If you’re free to race, then race.
Well, so good luck to him to race in formula 1.5, in the top team without speed with such a attitude chances to get him a little bit small.
FORZA FERRARI!

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:12
was struggling and wasting Sainz's time in the sprint.
:lol:

I'm sure there's a clause in at least one of the sponsorship contracts, otherwise I would let Sainz go to Williams early and put Bearman in the car.

ScuderiaLeo

If Leclerc gets past Sainz at the start, then sure, have the team prioritize him. But Sainz qualified ahead and there's no reason to be making comments about already sacrificing him other than that you dislike him. He was legitimately just faster in this session than Leclerc.

I don't even like Sainz that much so it makes me feel crazy that I have to defend him like this. Leclerc is not in top form this weekend, that much is clear. It doesn't mean he's a worse driver than Sainz all of the sudden, he didn't become a midfielder overnight, and it's not the end of the world, but it is reality.

JPower
JPower

yooogurt wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:21
JPower wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:14
Well, so good luck to him to race in formula 1.5, in the top team without speed with such a attitude chances to get him a little bit small.
You seem to have some weird vendetta going on here. :lol:

Stan culture I guess.

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

Was anything said about the piece that appeared to fly off Leclerc's car during his first run in Q1?

dialtone
dialtone

AnotherAlex wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:25
Was anything said about the piece that appeared to fly off Leclerc's car during his first run in Q1?
wheel deflector, should be able to fix it for the race with no penalty.

AnotherAlex
AnotherAlex

dialtone wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:36
wheel deflector, should be able to fix it for the race with no penalty.
Thanks. 8)

f1316
f1316

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:05
Well, at least Ferrari wasn't screwed up a lot by a Q3 incident for a change... The big question is - will Leclerc go for a one-stop with good pace on Hards this year?
I think it would make a certain amount of sense for Ferrari - with two competitive cars - to split the strategy and do a tortoise and hair. Have Sainz push on the mediums for a two stopper and start Charles on the hards, hope he doesn’t lose too much off the line and try the one stop.

scuderiabrandon

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:05
Well, at least Ferrari wasn't screwed up a lot by a Q3 incident for a change... The big question is - will Leclerc go for a one-stop with good pace on Hards this year?
I think it is more doable than it's every been. The meds did 19 of abuse with seemingly no deg, some management extends them to 25 laps, that's 31 to do on a hard. Given the hard isn't absolutely horrible tomorrow, I don't expect it to be, I think a lot the deg improvement is down to the re-surface.

ScuderiaLeo

f1316 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:40
I think it would make a certain amount of sense for Ferrari - with two competitive cars - to split the strategy and do a tortoise and hair. Have Sainz push on the mediums for a two stopper and start Charles on the hards, hope he doesn’t lose too much off the line and try the one stop.
That's similar to what they did in Singapore and it worked out well. Also makes sense for their preferred race strategies.

But we'll see, they might be spooked by last year still and go for a generic two-stopper no matter what.

bananapeel23

I missed the sprint.

Ferrari genuinely looks better in the race here than McLaren right? Are they fast enough to challenge Red Bull (Max)?

catent

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:12
Sainz has been the better driver all weekend. Leclerc has made a lot of anonymous laps in qualification sessions and was struggling and wasting Sainz's time in the sprint. It is only if you simply like him so much that you can't see the problems that you would blame Sainz for anything.
Leclerc was in no way wasting Sainz’s time during the Sprint, further confirmed by the fact Leclerc matched Sainz’s pace after being passed.

And that’s taking nothing from Sainz who’s having one of his stronger weekends of the season.

Vanja #66

f1316 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:40
Looking at how the Speint went, I think only Mercedes will have to do 2 stops, Top 3 can all go for one. Track is at least 2.5s faster and there's less deg now, the only question is if some teams will have to stop at Lap 17-18 and if anyone will be able to extend all the way to 27-28 which will give huge pace advantage in 2nd Stint. Starting on Hards is also a no-no I think, it's not hard to get overtaken and you lose too much time starring on slower tyres and going long.

scuderiabrandon wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:50
I think it is more doable than it's every been. The meds did 19 of abuse with seemingly no deg, some management extends them to 25 laps, that's 31 to do on a hard. Given the hard isn't absolutely horrible tomorrow, I don't expect it to be, I think a lot the deg improvement is down to the re-surface.
Indeed, only Merc struggled with deg this year
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie