2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
-wkst-
-wkst-

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

zoroastar wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 04:16
what is alonso's status now? is he still too old, or did he get good again? its so confusing. either way i hope newey breaks his gardening leave soon. as much shady stuff as redbull gets away with, i dont see an argument for him not to. that car is an embarrassment. someone should be ashamed of themselves
ALO did a very good job in Q, like I said yesterday, it ended like Austria. Bad in the sprint, after get used to the car much better in Q.

That does not change the bad friday. Credit when it is deserved, critics when it is deserved.

diffuser

TyreSlip wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:13
diffuser wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:08
TyreSlip wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:04

Kind of irrelevant. I don't know how Alonso is supposed to keep the Haas and RB cars behind him tomorrow.
We don't really know how this upgrade is gonna effect tire life, lots of unknowns ... Even if the Haas is faster it's gonna be by what a tenth ? In race trim that's nothing. Doubt he can keep Perez behind though. There is always hope Perez put it in the wall though ....
This car's traction is so bad out of turn 11 that cars with DRS should get by without too much trouble. I watched some of the Haas onboards, and that looks a lot more stable than the Aston Martin.
The traction out of 11 is better than Mag's . In fact Mag loses 2 tenth out of 11. Whoever gets out in front, the odd are in favour, that they will stay there. It's hard to stay close through the Ss add to that the better traction the AMR24 has...

zoroastar

-wkst- wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 08:50
zoroastar wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 04:16
what is alonso's status now? is he still too old, or did he get good again? its so confusing. either way i hope newey breaks his gardening leave soon. as much shady stuff as redbull gets away with, i dont see an argument for him not to. that car is an embarrassment. someone should be ashamed of themselves
ALO did a very good job in Q, like I said yesterday, it ended like Austria. Bad in the sprint, after get used to the car much better in Q.

That does not change the bad friday. Credit when it is deserved, critics when it is deserved.
its possible to critique someone without constantly going back to "hes getting old". every driver has ups and downs with these cars and no one gets that treatment really, besides ricciardo. you cant put alonso in a category with ricciardo. its just kindof lame how quick some are to right him off when he performs 90% of the time. theres really no evidence that hes lost much at all when hes focussed and has a car thats any good. without that, there isnt a driver out there thats going to overperform every single session week in and week out, especially with one practice session on new parts, and a new track surface. the guy is human afterall. i have no problem with critcism where its due. its just us couch racers that think they have all the information all the time haha

-wkst-
-wkst-

Noone writes ALO off, no need to exaggerate things. That’s in fact where I got mad, because KimiRai or I just said that he has more off days than in his prime. We absolutely don’t write him off. Big difference…

KimiRai
KimiRai

-wkst- wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 19:28
Noone writes ALO off, no need to exaggerate things. That’s in fact where I got mad, because KimiRai or I just said that he has more off days than in his prime. We absolutely don’t write him off. Big difference…
I am just too critical sometimes because I hold him to a very high standard because I'm such a fan. That's all :)

SSJ4
SSJ4

Simulators predicted around p13-14 according to Alonso

diffuser

Most of the time people just say whatever. no evidence to back up what hey say. no obviously Alonso is getting older, so I s Max. There isn't a living organism on earth that isn't getting older. The question is, is his age starting to show up in his driving in a negative way? Alonso Qualifies 12 instead of 7 or the car looking ragged isn't proof.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Nando had a great launch but got unlucky in T1-T2

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

And now Lawson passes Fernando despite starting on Hards.
Krack and Fallows must go!

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

I said in June " Aston Martin will be the worst team until end of year" anyone still doubt about that? Its depressing to watch. That car is much worse than before.

krich
krich

Painful to watch

Something is very wrong with AM

People or tools but something is very wrong

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

Passsed by a Haas, a Mercedes, a VCarb and now a Williams. What a disgrace.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

After the race they will say on interview " we need learn more about...." "its happen because was a sprint wekend" and many people believe on that. They simple dont know what doing. 2025 going to a depressing year again and 2026 noone knows. Sad times.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa

The strategy doesn't make sense either. Fernando has absolutely no grip, yet they don't pit him for another set of new mediums, which he saved on Friday.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Lawrence will have to throw a few more mobile phones after this