2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Dunlay
Dunlay

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Rikhart wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 10:43
Dunlay wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 09:46
With the way things going at Mercedes, Red Bull should poach George for 2026 when he is free. They should put Yuki in 2025 and measure him to see if he can deliver or else, George would be good deal.
Russel is absolutely useless. I would much prefer a Piastri, Sainz, something like that. It boggles the mind they didn't go for Sainz.
How useless Lewis would be to be beaten by a useless driver! Piastri is struggling to match Lando and once in a blue moon gets a decent result. The fact that Red Bull didn't choose Sainz shows how they rate him. Besides, Sainz does his own things abd doesn't care about team play. May be that's why he was passed by Marko.

Rikhart
Rikhart

Dunlay wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 11:04
Rikhart wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 10:43
Dunlay wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 09:46
With the way things going at Mercedes, Red Bull should poach George for 2026 when he is free. They should put Yuki in 2025 and measure him to see if he can deliver or else, George would be good deal.
Russel is absolutely useless. I would much prefer a Piastri, Sainz, something like that. It boggles the mind they didn't go for Sainz.
How useless Lewis would be to be beaten by a useless driver! Piastri is struggling to match Lando and once in a blue moon gets a decent result. The fact that Red Bull didn't choose Sainz shows how they rate him. Besides, Sainz does his own things abd doesn't care about team play. May be that's why he was passed by Marko.
Hamilton is over, he reminds me of how quick Vettel declined...

Juzh

dialtone wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 02:42
Finally a good performance by Perez improving his SQ position by 1 while Max only got worse losing 1 spot from his SQ performance. Max place at risk now? /s
Washed AF. get him out of that seat already ffs and replace with the wtf is a kilometer guy

Paa

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 10:59
organic wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 02:19
KimiRai wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 01:38
Praying for a poor Norris start tomorrow...

:lol:
:D .

Result doesn't really matter. Car isn't bad anymore so the results aren't a foregone conclusion and things are back into Max's hands
I would wait a bit before jumping on these conclusions, it's true that IF the pace seen yesterday is confirmed today AND in the next races then we don't need anymore to deep analyze every result and ipothesis

but that's a big if, for the moment we know that McLaren is beatable this weekend and it would be vital that Max can grab this opportunity now that it is available, to put into perspective if he manages to outscore Lando this evening, then he can settle for third place every race/sprint and win the title, that would a big blow to Lando's title hopes

so I think that results are still quite important, at least for the time being; we also must don't forget that Max may be due another engine penalty in the next races.
As long as Max has a competitive car, he won't lose 50 points in 6 races, regardless of any random stuff or engine penalty.
So not that actual result doesn't matter, but confirmation of solid car is way more important. Then the rest will come naturally.

Random events and stuff like that matter more if Red Bull are suffering, because then you kind of have to rely on those. As things are not in your control.
Establishing whether things are in his own hand is the most important thing from this weekend.

Wouter

Joel709 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 00:25
Lawson putting on a good show so far
Lawson did great!! And for the first time in a new car on a new circuit. He never drove here before! This was after Q1:
I can assume why Honda wants let Yuki do a test in the RB20. Liam did a test a while ago. So they can compare the two.

The Power of Dreams!

Sergej
Sergej

Paa wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 11:53
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 10:59
organic wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 02:19

:D .

Result doesn't really matter. Car isn't bad anymore so the results aren't a foregone conclusion and things are back into Max's hands
I would wait a bit before jumping on these conclusions, it's true that IF the pace seen yesterday is confirmed today AND in the next races then we don't need anymore to deep analyze every result and ipothesis

but that's a big if, for the moment we know that McLaren is beatable this weekend and it would be vital that Max can grab this opportunity now that it is available, to put into perspective if he manages to outscore Lando this evening, then he can settle for third place every race/sprint and win the title, that would a big blow to Lando's title hopes

so I think that results are still quite important, at least for the time being; we also must don't forget that Max may be due another engine penalty in the next races.
As long as Max has a competitive car, he won't lose 50 points in 6 races, regardless of any random stuff or engine penalty.
So not that actual result doesn't matter, but confirmation of solid car is way more important. Then the rest will come naturally.

Random events and stuff like that matter more if Red Bull are suffering, because then you kind of have to rely on those. As things are not in your control.
Establishing whether things are in his own hand is the most important thing from this weekend.
not that I don't agree, I just point out that grabbing as many points as possible, and hopefully outscoring Lando, is still important at this stage, because even if we leave Austin with the picture in which Max has things in his control, that's not guaranteed it will be the same in the next races, given how crazy this season has been; from my side these last races will be a continuous test for Red Bull, only one race is not enough for me.

organic

Verstappen is happy in the car for first time in ages which is different to when the car has been reasonably competitive in previous races (eg Baku)
"It's been a long time since I felt so good in the car. To be honest, I don't even remember when that was. There are always things that can be improved, but we are certainly doing very well in the fast corners."

"The balance problems that prevented us from attacking the corners are now also a lot less. So far, this weekend shows that we have taken a very good step."

Sergej
Sergej

"We understood a few things in Monza, which gave us a direction to work towards. That is now paying off. Everything that was planned in terms of upgrades before Monza, we could throw in the bin."

"I have been pointing out a lot of things for weeks or months, in terms of my feeling in the car and then it is up to the team to solve it. Now it all felt a lot better."
lol, that's massive ! would be quite an achievement to win this title

TNTHead

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 15:03
"We understood a few things in Monza, which gave us a direction to work towards. That is now paying off. Everything that was planned in terms of upgrades before Monza, we could throw in the bin."

"I have been pointing out a lot of things for weeks or months, in terms of my feeling in the car and then it is up to the team to solve it. Now it all felt a lot better."
lol, that's massive ! would be quite an achievement to win this title
Especially when you think of the message a while ago that at an engineering meeting around Monza Max himself pointed towards specific points in the data where the instability was apparent.

organic

Red bull have many reasons to be grateful for Verstappen it seems

KimiRai
KimiRai

organic wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 16:59
As long as they continue to make good cars, they will keep him.

loekf2
loekf2

KimiRai wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 17:23
organic wrote:
No, as long as they make good cars, Verstappen will stay with the team.

Joel709
Joel709

loekf2 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 18:51
KimiRai wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 17:23
organic wrote:
No, as long as they make good cars, Verstappen will stay with the team.
A small part of me does think he is somewhat appealed to the idea of Aston Martin, with the links back to Honda and Newey, but we will see

Juzh

Lec is fast, grrrr

Sergej
Sergej

It's not looking good