2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: 2024 Mclaren Formula 1 Team

Max Crashstappen strikes again for one more time. What a joke of a driver. Doesn't know how to defend cleanly. Most of all though what a joke of an FIA protecting a disgusting driver and a disgusting team.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Ben1980 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:45
It was hard to get past Max, just dropping back would likely have been thecsame result. So going for 5 seconds gap was probably the best option.
Maybe the team should just factor this into and get Lando to overtake off the track.

Btw at least Lando lost only 3 points to Verstappen. If this was for the win it would be 7 points.

CjC
CjC

Have they deleted ‘leave a cars width of track for the other driver’ out of the rules?
I read an article this season about Max’ racecraft and the stewards had to re- write a rule just for Max Verstappen I think
Just a fan's point of view

madsonit
madsonit

There's the regular F1 rulebook and there's the Max Verstappen F1 rulebook. They co-exist and are applied differently. :lol:
Last edited by madsonit on 20 Oct 2024, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Hopefully this reminds Norris on how he needs to race Verstappen.

Swed3121
Swed3121

FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:50
Ben1980 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:45
It was hard to get past Max, just dropping back would likely have been thecsame result. So going for 5 seconds gap was probably the best option.
Maybe the team should just factor this into and get Lando to overtake off the track.

Btw at least Lando lost only 3 points to Verstappen. If this was for the win it would be 7 points.
Ok? So we should just accept that someone else is a menace and dangerous on track and just be ok with that?

Swed3121
Swed3121

FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:51
Hopefully this reminds Norris on how he needs to race Verstappen.
Make sure to take him out, next time, it’s the max way so surely he can’t complain if we do it to him

blastdoman
blastdoman

Lando is suffering the same things Lewis suffered years before. Zero friendships and if he has to do same that Silverstone...ahead.

mwillems

CjC wrote:
Have they deleted ‘leave a cars width of track for the other driver’ out of the rules?
I read an article this season about Max’ racecraft and the stewards had to re- write a rule just for Max Verstappen I think
You need to be further ahead to get that.

That corner is such that if you're on the inside you can easily manage the space before the apex.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit

FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

CjC wrote:
That's what frustrates me the most. Not only does Max not leave space to the other driver, he doesn't even make the corner. And instead of him getting a penalty for illegal defense he benefits because other driver gets a track limits violation and sometimes a penalty for overtaking off the track.

Ridiculous. I know WDC is an almost impossible feat this year but it would be real karma if he got punted off in some of the next races and Lando clinched it.

Marc.W

So Max thinks that the penalty was for track limits, not overtaking off track

proteus

Damn shame...Stewards should try to figure it out that divebomb defending is also unfair. Both should get 5 sec penalties if they are so trigger happy about it. Mclaren should appeal, but i think the decision is final. These moves are very dirty though, and dangerous as well.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

McL-H
McL-H

Marc.W wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:44
FittingMechanics wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 22:43
This is such bullshit. But I think the team was right in trying to go ahead and drive off.

Verstappen lets his brakes off so he gets to the apex first but then he forces you off. That is clearly abusing the system. Either start giving penalties to Verstappen for forcing people off or don't give penalties when people go off because he forced them.

That is such a bullshit move.
He's been driving like this since he got to F1, and people think it's "Great Racing" when it's actually just bad racing
It actually is great racing and that’s why he is the best driver in current F1. He knows what the rules are and he takes full advantage out of the holes that are in it. Obviously it is ridiculous it works like this. But it is Max his job to take any advantage he can get and that is what the greats of this sport have always done. That’s why people hated Senna and Schumacher too.

madsonit
madsonit

Can the team actually do something about it post race and appeal the decision?

Xero

Frustrating. Failing to differentiate between what Russell did and what Max did. One a penalty for forcing a driver off, the other fair game and track limits. Inconsistencies are terrible!