2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I'll take it. Dont care about winning races to be honest as it's getting harder and harder for Lando to win the championship especially with Ferrari now looking like the rocketship

organic

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:41
To all, don't waste even a second arguing with the others about the race.

Today is a day to celebrate the driver. +5 points on the weekend to the nearest competitor. Verstappen's performance with the car he has been given this weekend was even more exceptional in hindsight. To take the sprint pole and sprint win....he had already defeated the faster Ferraris. To withstand the Mclaren in the GP lap after lap. It was really unbelievable stuff. The opposition knows they can't beat him and they hate it. I thought Max was finished with 16 laps to go. I thought he was finished with 0.5 second gap onto the back straight. I thought he was finished with 0.4 gap onto the main straight. There just aren't many drivers capable of surviving like this. Remember only 1 day ago, the Mclaren driver didn't last 2 laps in front of the Ferrari of Carlos Sainz before making an error and losing the position.

With respect to the car, they had 1 free practice session to dial in the upgrade. Whatever they changed between the sprint and the GP would have been untested changed. I know that sounds like cope but it's the truth. Let's see what they come up with for Mexico next week. Perhaps Perez can
That's true about only 1 practice session with upgrades. Mexico will not be good though. Expecting a McLaren / Ferrari show.

Sergej
Sergej

Vettel165 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:35
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:27
I don't understand why they gifted Sainz P2, in the end they pitted 4 laps after him, was that worth giving the position away ? maybe Sainz would have passed Max regardless, but still

What I do find quite hard to understand is how we lost the pace from sprint race to today. The car had better grip and balance there, we pulled away from Lando. They need to analyse this.
McLaren had a shitty setup yesterday, you see the difference also between friday and saturday quali; they fix the setup and become the faster car again; plus yesterday the hard, where RB struggled, was not used.

Juzh

Ferrari only 8 points off now. Max to win wdc in a 3rd placed WCC car. Astonishing really. But I'm sure some people will still say it was the best car.

avantman
avantman

AR3-GP wrote:
how low has the level of modern average f1 fan has dropped....leclerc voted - DOTD, ver wasn't even in the top 3. This is just sad...

Juzh

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:43
Vettel165 wrote:
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:27
I don't understand why they gifted Sainz P2, in the end they pitted 4 laps after him, was that worth giving the position away ? maybe Sainz would have passed Max regardless, but still

What I do find quite hard to understand is how we lost the pace from sprint race to today. The car had better grip and balance there, we pulled away from Lando. They need to analyse this.
McLaren had a shitty setup yesterday, you see the difference also between friday and saturday quali; they fix the setup and become the faster car again; plus yesterday the hard, where RB struggled, was not used.
Not like the medium stint pace was something to write home about.

avantman
avantman

Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:44
Ferrari only 8 points off now. Max to win wdc in a 3rd placed WCC car. Astonishing really. But I'm sure some people will still say it was the best car.
Wasn't N. Piquet previously the last driver to win the Championship in a car finished 3rd in constructors?

Sevach
Sevach

avantman wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:49
Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:44
Wasn't N. Piquet previously the last driver to win the Championship in a car finished 3rd in constructors?
Family ties lol.

Vettel165 wrote:

Despite whatever problem they said the car had, Max was much faster than the Mclarens early in the opening stint.

Lando/Mclaren changed strategy and stayed back during the GP.

Joel709
Joel709

Horner saying they put some understeer into the car after changes from the sprint, likely explains Max’s drop on the hards.

I fully expected Ferrari to dominate today, was clear yesterday that if they hadn’t of battled they would have been with max in the sprint

Vettel165

Stat from F1GuyDan

And again no driver has scored more points since the start of the Miami GP weekend than Max Verstappen

1. Max Verstappen - 244 pts
2 Lando Norris - 239 pts
3. Oscar Piastri - 209 pts
4. Charles Leclerc - 199 pts

Rikhart
Rikhart

AR3-GP wrote:
To all, don't waste even a second arguing with the others about the race.

Today is a day to celebrate the driver. +5 points on the weekend to the nearest competitor. Verstappen's performance with the car he has been given this weekend was even more exceptional in hindsight. To take the sprint pole and sprint win....he had already defeated the faster Ferraris. To withstand the Mclaren in the GP lap after lap. It was really unbelievable stuff. I thought Max was finished with 16 laps to go. I thought he was finished with 0.5 second gap onto the back straight. I thought he was finished with 0.4 gap onto the main straight. There just aren't many drivers capable of surviving like this. Remember only 1 day ago, the Mclaren driver didn't last 2 laps in front of the Ferrari of Carlos Sainz before making an error and losing the position.

With respect to the car, they had 1 free practice session to dial in the upgrade. Whatever they changed between the sprint and the GP would have been untested changed. I know that sounds like cope but it's the truth. Let's see what they come up with for Mexico next week.
This is a great post. I honestly feel a bit bad about these people who can't see they are witnessing one of the all time greats doing wonders on track constantly, and instead just feel all bitter about it not going as they want.

Sergej
Sergej

Joel709 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:52
Horner saying they put some understeer into the car after changes from the sprint, likely explains Max’s drop on the hards.
maybe they wanted to protect more the rear tyres ? they also didn't focus much on the hard on friday, a mistake they had already made in Austria

Vettel165

Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:57
Joel709 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:52
maybe they wanted to protect more the rear tyres ? they also didn't focus much on the hard on friday, a mistake they had already made in Austria
Good point. Also Mexico could be much cooler than it was here, could bring Mercedes back into play.

Joel709
Joel709

Looking at the graphs now, max was only a tenth slower in race pace over the entire race from Norris,that’s a massive difference compared to the past

Sergej
Sergej

Vettel165 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:53
Stat from F1GuyDan

And again no driver has scored more points since the start of the Miami GP weekend than Max Verstappen

1. Max Verstappen - 244 pts
2 Lando Norris - 239 pts
3. Oscar Piastri - 209 pts
4. Charles Leclerc - 199 pts
this is from Miami right ? it's really unbelievable Max scored the most with that car, what a great driver he is.