2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Watto
Watto

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Vettel165 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:58
Sergej wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:57
Joel709 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:52
Horner saying they put some understeer into the car after changes from the sprint, likely explains Max’s drop on the hards.
maybe they wanted to protect more the rear tyres ? they also didn't focus much on the hard on friday, a mistake they had already made in Austria
Good point. Also Mexico could be much cooler than it was here, could bring Mercedes back into play.
Sounds right and I would say they were probably worried about Ferrari and the lack of data maybe they got the setup wrong.

avantman
avantman

Joel709 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 00:00
Looking at the graphs now, max was only a tenth slower in race pace over the entire race from Norris,that’s a massive difference compared to the past
stop this. you cannot be serious.

Sergej
Sergej

Joel709 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 00:00
Looking at the graphs now, max was only a tenth slower in race pace over the entire race from Norris,that’s a massive difference compared to the past
well he blocked him for like 10 laps lol I think Lando's pace on hard is heavily influenced by this, in clean air he would have been much faster

FNTC
FNTC

If you want meaningless stats, wasn't Max's race pace faster than Lando's with the penalty applied, since he finished ahead? :lol:

Joel709
Joel709

It was likely more 2 to 3 tenths especially more on the hards, but max held his own on the mediums, red bull definitely suffered more deg however

Paa

AR3-GP wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:41
To all, don't waste even a second arguing with the others about the race.

Today is a day to celebrate the driver. +5 points on the weekend to the nearest competitor. Verstappen's performance with the car he has been given this weekend was even more exceptional in hindsight. To take the sprint pole and sprint win....he had already defeated the faster Ferraris. To withstand the Mclaren in the GP lap after lap. It was really unbelievable stuff. I thought Max was finished with 16 laps to go. I thought he was finished with 0.5 second gap onto the back straight. I thought he was finished with 0.4 gap onto the main straight. There just aren't many drivers capable of surviving like this. Remember only 1 day ago, the Mclaren driver didn't last 2 laps in front of the Ferrari of Carlos Sainz before making an error and losing the position.

With respect to the car, they had 1 free practice session to dial in the upgrade. Whatever they changed between the sprint and the GP would have been untested changed. I know that sounds like cope but it's the truth. Let's see what they come up with for Mexico next week.
The intensity is getting similar to 2021 levels. When first clouds started to become evident sometime during the summer, I remember writing about this could be an other 2021 by the end of the season. I did not mean the point difference, or the controversial finale, but rather the desperate uphill battle against a faster car. It is really demanding to watch (to my nerves!), but it is also great to see at the same time.

Lando started from pole with a faster car and Max still outscored him. Max is certainly making his own "luck".

Watto
Watto

With the tyre deg it would be interesting to know a little more.

Horner refereed to a setup change that didn't quite go right, Was that the cause of his tyre issues (he did purple on lap 19 in the Sprint yesterday - albeit less fuel)

Was it the full fuel load.

Was it he was chasing and defending harder that caused it....or a bit of all of the above.

He was very good defensive driving today.

CHT
CHT

Looking at the constructor standing I am wondering if it's a rbr strategy to not win so they can have more wind tunnel time for 2025?

chrisc90

WCC is gone now for us. Better to take the extra time in the tunnel. Especially going into a new reg set aswell.

When does the new tunnel come online?

I mean, they say about staff bonuses, but these F1 teams have enough money to give staff a good bonus outside of the WCC

Luscion
Luscion

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 01:25
aiming for 2026

Joel709
Joel709

chrisc90 wrote:
WCC is gone now for us. Better to take the extra time in the tunnel. Especially going into a new reg set aswell.

I mean, they say about staff bonuses, but these F1 teams have enough money to give staff a good bonus outside of the WCC
ATR resets every 6 months, June 30th was the reset so December 30th will be based on the position at the end of the season. Once June comes around it’s then based on the standings at the time. So based on coming 3rd we would have 80% compared to 70 and 75%, small differences but big effect.

Joel709
Joel709

chrisc90 wrote:

Sorry misread this as wind tunnel time!

dialtone
dialtone

Juzh wrote:Ferrari only 8 points off now. Max to win wdc in a 3rd placed WCC car. Astonishing really. But I'm sure some people will still say it was the best car.
Come on man… Perez arrived after Russell who also had a +5s penalty. I’ll give Max that he is alone out there but with Colapinto and Lawson schooling their team mates hard, Perez shouldn’t be there racing, hard to believe he’s still there.

Xyz22
Xyz22

Juzh wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 23:44
Ferrari only 8 points off now. Max to win wdc in a 3rd placed WCC car. Astonishing really. But I'm sure some people will still say it was the best car.
While Verstappen has performed extremely well this season the WCC result is impacted by the absolutely embarrassing performance of Sergio Perez who is by far one of the worst performing driver this year (like last year).

We are talking about a driver that was struggling to overtake a Williams despite a 30 laps tyre delta. This is beyond embarrassing. If he wasn't a pay driver he would have been fired a long time ago.

organic

Put Lawson or Tsunoda in Perez's seat asap

Honda will try to leverage Tsunoda in for 2025

And on the topic of the WCC position.. it's extremely rare for WDC to be won by a car finishing less than 1st in wcc, let alone 3rd. Anyone know the last time it was done?