2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bananapeel23

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

deadhead wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 03:02
f1316 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 01:10
Charles is a lot closer to Lando in the WDC than Lando is to Max. Not that I care about 2nd place in either championship too much (2nd or 3rd is pretty much the same), but just puts into perspective the idea of Lando going for the WDC - he may not even get 2nd tbh.
I don't quite understand how NOR is not closer to VER considering that he has been in the fastest car since Miami. Today was the first time since Miami where I can genuinely say that NOR wasn't driving the fastest machine out there.

I honestly believe that if LEC was given the opportunity NOR has had this year he would win.

NOR still has a very real chance of winning the WDC, it all depends on how the RB20 copes with the upcoming tracks.
Leclerc would cruise to the title in the McLaren.

Hell, I'd bet money on Leclerc winning it in the Ferrari if the horrific Canada-Austria stretch didn't happen and he kept up his running season average of about 13.1 points per weekend. (overall season average, average without those 4 races is just below 16)

Leclerc is driving like a champion in 2024. Barring Verstappen he is clearly the best driver this season.

bananapeel23

Esi12511 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 05:46
I hope they can carry the same speed in the future races but do you think hot track temperature helped us today and hurt the competition?
Good thing Mexico, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Brazil are all warm races. only Vegas is cold.

Vanja #66

jumpingfish wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 14:26
So glad that the implemented updates are working and are being confirmed at different races. If only the qualifications could be improved, then we can be completely satisfied.
Something I am suspicious of is how things are going with the power unit for 2026. Many are clearly optimistic about the Mercedes engine, not only from the manufacturer itself and their customers, but even Renault preferred to implement their engine instead of spending money on a french one. If they didn’t care about the manufacturer, why didn’t they choose Ferrari? Does this mean that some data is already known and future customers are jumping at the opportunity to have a more powerful engine in advance? Is it possible that this was one of the reasons why Newey decided to prefer Aston with Honda (+ new wind tunnel, investments)?
Alpine chose Merc because their team is based in Enstone, England, as is Merc HPP in Brixworth. Newey does not want to live in Italy, never did. He was all set to be Ferrari super consultant working from UK or elsewhwre, before Stroll gave him that insane offer and carte blanche to shape the team in his vision. All the rumours this year suggest Merc and Ferrari are leading the 2026 PU race, some of them say they are far away from others - even Honda. Btw, Honda's team that made the 2021 PU broke up after Honda decided to leave F1 and most of them went to UK and RBPT. 2026 team is all new
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

jumpingfish

Vanja #66 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 15:54
jumpingfish wrote:
So glad that the implemented updates are working and are being confirmed at different races. If only the qualifications could be improved, then we can be completely satisfied.
Something I am suspicious of is how things are going with the power unit for 2026. Many are clearly optimistic about the Mercedes engine, not only from the manufacturer itself and their customers, but even Renault preferred to implement their engine instead of spending money on a french one. If they didn’t care about the manufacturer, why didn’t they choose Ferrari? Does this mean that some data is already known and future customers are jumping at the opportunity to have a more powerful engine in advance? Is it possible that this was one of the reasons why Newey decided to prefer Aston with Honda (+ new wind tunnel, investments)?
Alpine chose Merc because their team is based in Enstone, England, as is Merc HPP in Brixworth. Newey does not want to live in Italy, never did. He was all set to be Ferrari super consultant working from UK or elsewhwre, before Stroll gave him that insane offer and carte blanche to shape the team in his vision. All the rumours this year suggest Merc and Ferrari are leading the 2026 PU race, some of them say they are far away from others - even Honda. Btw, Honda's team that made the 2021 PU broke up after Honda decided to leave F1 and most of them went to UK and RBPT. 2026 team is all new
Oh, I forgot about the Enstone base, that makes sense. But I would still like to see more Ferrari engine customers, because Sauber will be Audi powered and that leaves only Haas, while Mercedes still has 3 customers (McLaren, Williams and Alpine). Hypothetically, there could be moments in the voting where they support their manufacturer.

yooogurt

“You have to be creative,” Vasseur says when asked about the subject. Vasseur replies when asked about the subject. The implied answer makes it seem that in Maranello has been working on suspension springs and dampers, which are necessary to stabilize the surface at a constant height from the ground and positions for a better compromise between mechanical grip and aerodynamic load. This area is already the subject of several interventions by teams during the season. “It's not that if we don't declare something, we don't bring anything new “, reiterates the team manager. “What we do announce are just changes to the external forms”.

https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-new ... ti-vasseur
FORZA FERRARI!

Sevach
Sevach

jumpingfish wrote:
There's a lot of "last time changes of this magnitude were brought in, Mercedes creamed everybody" feelings making the rounds.
Doesn't mean everything will play out the same, one would hope Ferrari(and the others) learned from that ugly beating and done a better job to prepare themselves for the transition this time.
Spend proper time at it, don't be happy with "targets", keep pushing... Ferrari surely has the experience to deliver, much more than Audi, "Ford" and who knows about Honda? Being made all the way in Japan we'll only know if they are awesome or terrible when they hit the track.

Renault decided to ditch their engines due to money and uncertanties, the french factory has done nothing to reassure them in a decade, with everybody hyping Merc it makes sense to go with them.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

f1316 wrote:
19 Oct 2024, 22:03
The most exciting thing, of course, is that the car was still competitive on this more traditional circuit - I think that’s all the confirmation we need in the efficacy of the Monza floor and bodes well for the rest of the year.

Even more so if you think that most other cars brought updates and the “final upgrade” Fred spoke about must therefore still be in the pipeline .
Bodes well for next year, I think most importantly.

Baku had been the first time I think Ferrari had the best race pace on the grid, but this was the first time the car was straight up uncontested and dominated. And to do so after the issues with upgrades earlier in the season shows the team really can resolve their problems and fight back in a pretty significant way. That's super encouraging for the 2025 project.

As for this year, overcoming Mclaren for WCC will be very tough, especially if Red Bull/Verstappen remain resurgent and we'll still need another race weekend or two to see whether that's truly on the cards or not.

LM10
LM10

I can’t remember when was the last time Ferrari finished the season with one of the fastest if not the fastest car of all. Still 5 races left, but we can assume that they’ll not go backwards pace wise. McLaren, Mercedes and RedBull all brought their most significant upgrades as far as I know and Ferrari will still bring some if I’m not mistaken?

Last season with Vasseur’s arrival they also pushed to the end and were in a much better position than in the years before, but considering their outright domination in Austin they’ll be even more competitive at the end this season and that’s exactly one of the things which was missing before: keep the pressure up, upgrade to the end and carry over everything learnt to next season.

yooogurt

yooogurt wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 17:40
“You have to be creative,” Vasseur says when asked about the subject. Vasseur replies when asked about the subject. The implied answer makes it seem that in Maranello has been working on suspension springs and dampers, which are necessary to stabilize the surface at a constant height from the ground and positions for a better compromise between mechanical grip and aerodynamic load. This area is already the subject of several interventions by teams during the season. “It's not that if we don't declare something, we don't bring anything new “, reiterates the team manager. “What we do announce are just changes to the external forms”.

https://www.formulapassion.it/f1/f1-new ... ti-vasseur
More from this article:
“Austin is a strange track because the initial section is at high speed and very bumpy, while the last sector is smoother and It's a low mileage track. You have to decide where you want to be competitive “ said Vasseur.

In Texas, Cavallino optimizes the car through softer mechanical adjustments, which requires an increase in ground clearance, paying particular attention to the balance aimed at stabilizing the traction of the rear axle. This strategy takes time in the corners of the first sector, where speeds and bumps will require stiffer mechanics and a precise front end, while improving grip at low speeds in the third sector. In the overall balance, the choice went in favor of tire life: “I think that between Saturday and Sunday the other teams went more in our direction, but we maintained a certain advantage. A good position in the last sector was a big advantage for the degradation of the tires “.
FORZA FERRARI!

Vanja #66

LM10 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 18:28
I can’t remember when was the last time Ferrari finished the season with one of the fastest if not the fastest car of all.
Both 2017 and 2018 the car was competitive until the end, even 2010. At the moment, this kind of finish seems certain. 2008-level competitivness needs to be proven still

#BlessYouLaddie

deadhead

Vanja #66 wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 13:46
deadhead wrote:
20 Oct 2024, 13:17
I can see LEC sending it on the inside here because why not
P2 and P4 sides on the grid are very good to start from, Norris got +2 from P4 yesterday
You know things!

Vanja #66

deadhead wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 20:20
You know things!
Leclerc didn't send it though :mrgreen: he switched back to racing line before the apex after seeing Verstappen line up to get Norris on the inside. Sainz got stuck from P3, just like Leclerc did in Sprint.

#BlessYouLaddie

wowgr8
wowgr8

jumpingfish wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 16:14

Oh, I forgot about the Enstone base, that makes sense. But I would still like to see more Ferrari engine customers, because Sauber will be Audi powered and that leaves only Haas, while Mercedes still has 3 customers (McLaren, Williams and Alpine). Hypothetically, there could be moments in the voting where they support their manufacturer.
Much more data too which is critical with new engines. Less teams = less data and more risk in case one/both teams have engine issues during testing

jumpingfish

wowgr8 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:07
jumpingfish wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 16:14

Much more data too which is critical with new engines. Less teams = less data and more risk in case one/both teams have engine issues during testing
This is even worse than the voting scenario. I hope they can get at least one more client if their engine is vastly superior to the others. Who knows what will happen to Audi :?

CjC
CjC

LM10 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 18:28
I can’t remember when was the last time Ferrari finished the season with one of the fastest if not the fastest car of all. Still 5 races left, but we can assume that they’ll not go backwards pace wise. McLaren, Mercedes and RedBull all brought their most significant upgrades as far as I know and Ferrari will still bring some if I’m not mistaken?

Last season with Vasseur’s arrival they also pushed to the end and were in a much better position than in the years before, but considering their outright domination in Austin they’ll be even more competitive at the end this season and that’s exactly one of the things which was missing before: keep the pressure up, upgrade to the end and carry over everything learnt to next season.
Been seeing this a lot since Sunday about Ferraris none upgrade in Austin.
There’s a post on this page with a link to an article about Ferrari upgrading their suspension but because it’s not external they don’t need to submit it. I’m assuming that was brought to Austin?

Ferrari brought one hell of an aerodynamic upgrade to Monza which I would suggest came early- before anyone else brought something as significant, take Mercedes for example who brought an equivalent Monza size of upgrade to Austin. Also after the race Leclerc mentioned the Singapore upgrade moved Ferrari forward.
My point being Ferrari have brought a lot over the past few races and you suggest they are bringing more? As I’m not a Ferrari fan I’m not following their upgrade plan at all really so I’m just wondering what you have heard?

I am a McLaren fan though, so I know what they are doing/ have done. They haven’t brought anything massively significant recently, a re- designed front wing to Austin yes which have been described as ‘small’ and supposedly they have more upgrades to come to the coming races

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/mclar ... /10664436/
Just a fan's point of view