Bib parc fermé ride height trick

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dialtone
dialtone

Re: Bib parc fermé ride height trick

Ferrari got nailed on the engine thanks to claims for former employees that something wasn't right and FIA/FOM were absolutely RELENTLESS on finding the wrong spend the whole season adding sensors and starting from the point that Ferrari was cheating.

Cheating or not for RBR, it's really disappointing how much more cavalier is the FIA approaching these last couple of events between RBR and Mclaren.

motobaleno

Cassius wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 08:50

What a low quality post with a lot of insinuations. They solved the porpoising through the smart solutions of the hundreds of engineers in the vehicle dynamics and aero departments. Already in the 2nd week of testin in 2021. This device was changed just before Singapore. RB has not been the best until Miami 2024 because they can have a lower floor in qualy and correct for the race.

As this device design was uploaded just before the Singapore GP it has nothing to do with the sudden jump in performance between Friday and Saturday we have seen in some GPs.

No engineer wants to win through illegal designs. Red Bull and all engineers in F1 teams want to develop smart solutions that push the envelope in terms of engineering but are still within the letter of the rule.

This device was likely there to aid in quick set up changes.
Horner clearly stated the device have been in the car for 3 years. Singapore GP was when they modified it after FIA warning

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/306685/r ... re-gp.html

Vanja #66

dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:20
Ferrari got nailed on the engine thanks to claims for former employees that something wasn't right and FIA/FOM were absolutely RELENTLESS on finding the wrong spend the whole season adding sensors and starting from the point that Ferrari was cheating.

Cheating or not for RBR, it's really disappointing how much more cavalier is the FIA approaching these last couple of events between RBR and Mclaren.
But but but... Ferrari International Assistance!
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

taperoo2k
taperoo2k

mwillems wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:15
Which is besides the point. The suggestion is that there is substance to the claims of something far more serious.
If there is substance then it could become one of the biggest scandals in F1 history, if they've used it over 3 seasons and broken parc ferme rules across those 3 years? It calls into question the integrity of the sport. I'm all for pushing the limits of the rules to find an advantage. But full blown cheating? I can't stand that. One thing is for sure, if they have been cheating? Max will be off, I can't see him sticking around.

I'd say the same thing if McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes were suspected of cheating.

It's a wait and see game. It could all just be a storm in a teacup.

chrisc90

mwillems wrote:
Which is besides the point. The suggestion is that there is substance to the claims of something far more serious.
Its not though. You could make every member of staff in the field do the same. Its a declaration that you have never 'cheated'.

Aint no team going to go and say, "hey look, Zak wants us to sign this piece of paper to say we never cheated. Maybe we shouldn't sign it and show us as being guilty"

I wonder if Zak knew that making a mini-DRS trick wasn't fully legal.
Wonder if Ferrari knew that fooling FIA flow sensors wasn't legal.
Wonder if Mercedes having special qualifying modes wasn't legal.
Wonder if AMR knew a flexi-nose cone wasn't legal.
Wonder if Ferrari knew a flexi plank wasn't legal.
Wonder if Red Bull knew flexi rear wings wasn't legal.

I'm sure you can find COUNTLESS examples of teams pushing the boundaries of the rulebook over the years.

I don't agree that any team should be able to change the car when its in parc ferme, and its wrong. But unless Zak can miraculously come up with some evidence to prove Red Bull were altering the bib, then he just needs to go back to his office and shut up and stop being the annoying character that he is.

LM10
LM10

Vanja #66 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:53
dialtone wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 21:20

But but but... Ferrari International Assistance!
The feeling to see Ferrari beat the FIA-British-team-alliance is even better this way. =D>
Last edited by LM10 on 21 Oct 2024, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.

chrisc90

taperoo2k wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 22:19
mwillems wrote:
If there is substance then it could become one of the biggest scandals in F1 history, if they've used it over 3 seasons and broken parc ferme rules across those 3 years? It calls into question the integrity of the sport. I'm all for pushing the limits of the rules to find an advantage. But full blown cheating? I can't stand that. One thing is for sure, if they have been cheating? Max will be off, I can't see him sticking around.

I'd say the same thing if McLaren, Ferrari or Mercedes were suspected of cheating.

It's a wait and see game. It could all just be a storm in a teacup.
Wonder if McLaren knew that the rules of flexible bodywork, which is clearly outlined in the rules, when they designed a Mini-DRS system by allowing the DRS flap ot flex creating a bigger gap and less drag.

The FIA havent even issued a TD for it, or incorporated another test to measure the flex of the DRS flap. Thats how night and day the rules already are for it being illegal.

mwillems

chrisc90 wrote:
21 Oct 2024, 22:26
mwillems wrote:
Its not though. You could make every member of staff in the field do the same. Its a declaration that you have never 'cheated'.

Aint no team going to go and say, "hey look, Zak wants us to sign this piece of paper to say we never cheated. Maybe we shouldn't sign it and show us as being guilty"

I wonder if Zak knew that making a mini-DRS trick wasn't fully legal.
Wonder if Ferrari knew that fooling FIA flow sensors wasn't legal.
Wonder if Mercedes having special qualifying modes wasn't legal.
Wonder if AMR knew a flexi-nose cone wasn't legal.
Wonder if Ferrari knew a flexi plank wasn't legal.
Wonder if Red Bull knew flexi rear wings wasn't legal.

I'm sure you can find COUNTLESS examples of teams pushing the boundaries of the rulebook over the years.

I don't agree that any team should be able to change the car when its in parc ferme, and its wrong. But unless Zak can miraculously come up with some evidence to prove Red Bull were altering the bib, then he just needs to go back to his office and shut up and stop being the annoying character that he is.
I'm not bothered about the paper he wants people to sign. I suspect Zak probably feels the same as you that they won't sign it. it's more the suggestion that there are people not telling the truth.

But from my perspective, I'm interested because it appears some folks in the pit are said to be corroborating that Red Bull made changes in Parc Ferme. I guess it depends who these people are. Someone who thought they saw something is different from an an ex engineer that did the change or witnessed it.

For sure, teams push the limits. But lowering the floor in Parc Ferme is an issue greater by magnitudes than most of the cheeky trickery that all the teams get up to, apart from the Ferrari engine situation, which I would suggest was handled in an odd manner. If you want to think otherwise, I won't try and talk you down.

But with the exodus from the team and some of the bitterness from current and former employees, you do think this won't go away soon.
I'm not taking advice from a cartoon dog

-Bandit