New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: New Videos

Fantastic stuff. Amazing what they had on the dash in the old times. The tube for hearing the pop up valve was really bizarre as Murray said.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

this is the daunting collection of instruments
What? 2 gauges, a couple LCD readouts and a couple lights? That has less to look at than my 94 Civic. I wonder, if that is "daunting," then how would he describe today's F1 steering wheels?

Funny how times change... :)

Giblet
Giblet

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_F7QrR4 ... r_embedded#[/youtube]

Talk about suspension travel.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Great vids Steve.

Was interesting to watch but poor sound made my head ache. The guys racing seemd to have some decent respect for each other as they were bloody close for some of the overtakes.

This shows me that too may overtakes makes a race dull - what do you think? It was too easy to pick up the draft and slingshot past the cars and with it every lap it reminded me of motorcycle club racing (that I race)

I want a go in one of those cars..... :mrgreen:
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Callum

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJPe8IOG ... r2-2f-8-HM[/youtube]

A relatively interesting video on piston production.

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

CMSMJ1 wrote:Great vids Steve.

Was interesting to watch but poor sound made my head ache. The guys racing seemd to have some decent respect for each other as they were bloody close for some of the overtakes.

This shows me that too may overtakes makes a race dull - what do you think? It was too easy to pick up the draft and slingshot past the cars and with it every lap it reminded me of motorcycle club racing (that I race)

I want a go in one of those cars..... :mrgreen:
Those cars do look fun, I may look into doing something with the Skip Barber school someday. I didn't personally find the number of overtaking dull. I actually enjoyed seeing the mistakes they made and how the other drivers would capitalize. However, would I want to see this much overtaking in an F1 race? Probably not quite to that extreme...

WhiteBlue

Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

roost89
roost89

http://www.redbullracing.com/en/4th-Sec ... ---Canada/ Red Bull on Ice. The mixed up RBR and Buemi driving.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

roost89 wrote:http://www.redbullracing.com/en/4th-Sec ... ---Canada/ Red Bull on Ice. The mixed up RBR and Buemi driving.
Cheaters!

:lol:
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Pandamasque

Psst! The car is not red! It's ok.

Pandamasque

roost89
roost89

If that's real I'll be overjoyed! Someone has actually gone and driven upside in a tunnel. Not like we imagined but still it has (or hasn't) been achieved.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

jake_m
jake_m

Original (extended) version of the SLS AMG ad without Schumacher.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49HdqtWHEoo[/youtube]

WhiteBlue

They have not wasted any time to make use of the Schumacher marketing power. Note the special white helmet in the video. The official helmet will remain red. Message: You can have a red sports car with Schumacher image from Mercedes.