Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Renault R30

Fil wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:because it is easier to see & read... and reading it was why it was put there in the first place.
#-o i get that.
i did mention there is a transparent UV version used too, which rival teams don't get to see, but the team using it gets to check out the results with a simple UV torch in the privacy of their pits..

I have a very strong feeling the green paint we see there is also UV paint + glow in the dark.

Instead of being invisible to spies, the UV (could be glow in the dark as well) paint more than likely is used because gives them more contrast because of it's bright colour against a dark/black background.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Spencifer_Murphy

The flo vis is something that was discussed in the Mclaren MP4/25 thread, and in particular my myself and myurr commented on the following:
spencifer_murphy wrote:On the issue of using UV sensitive flo-vis, I reckon the only reason they might not be doing so is because when trying to look at the whole flo patters it must be easier to just look at very obvious lime-freen paint, than to run around with UV flashlights looking at one area at a time. Just my thoughts, I could be totally wrong lol!
myurr wrote:Been thinking about the whole UV sensitive flo-vis thing and I think it may be because they're photographing the car for analysis at Woking. Might be harder to get a good photo of the UV paint.
Personally I feel myurr makes an excellent point. Besides, what's wrong with other teams seeing your flo-vis? At the very most it might explain why a team has done a particular thing to their car, it doesn't explain however how to achieve this on YOUR OWN car, nor is it anything you wouldn't find out by making a similar part after seeing it and sticking in your own windtunnel.
Silence is golden when you don't know a good answer.

korzeniow
korzeniow

spencifer_murphy wrote:On the issue of using UV sensitive flo-vis, I reckon the only reason they might not be doing so is because when trying to look at the whole flo patters it must be easier to just look at very obvious lime-freen paint, than to run around with UV flashlights looking at one area at a time. Just my thoughts, I could be totally wrong lol!
I don't get it! Why it have to be a flashlight? Why not some kind of strong ultra violet lamp, or couple of lamps?

It would be easy to do: close the garage, turn of the lights and then turn on the UV lamps. Then you could make photos as much as you want.
myurr wrote:Been thinking about the whole UV sensitive flo-vis thing and I think it may be because they're photographing the car for analysis at Woking. Might be harder to get a good photo of the UV paint.
I don't think it's any harder to make good photo of UV paint.

http://www.onlineweblibrary.com/blog/wp ... o-hand.jpg
It's been a long time since we drove last time, but it has also been a short time at the same time
Roam Grosjean ponders the passing of time on the first day of testing at Jerez
February 5, 2013

thestig84
thestig84

korzeniow wrote: I don't get it! Why it have to be a flashlight? Why not some kind of strong ultra violet lamp, or couple of lamps?

It would be easy to do: close the garage, turn of the lights and then turn on the UV lamps. Then you could make photos as much as you want.
Or save time and effort and use paint you can see without all that extra hassle. It really isnt that bit of a deal who can see it!!

Mclaren did use UV at Spa last year on the Friday so they and Renault in this case clearly just dont feel the need!!

mith

I've read today, that Kubica complained about the amount of paint McLaren had used. So maybe it wasn't Renault's paint on his car?

Richard
Richard

Have you guys never been to a nightclub with UV lighting and seen the clothes washed in bio poweder glowing like a Chernobyl street sweeeper? They just need one of those lights in the garage and woudl probaly be have more clairity than the visible light stuff.

having said that, I suspect Renault (& McL) might just know what they are doing. Possibly they know more about it than we do? Just a hunch.

tk421

richard_leeds wrote: I suspect Renault (& McL) might just know what they are doing. Possibly they know more about it than we do?
Not a chance! :D
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

mrmr
mrmr

My go at a R30 livery. F1 cars should be DYNAMIC IMO.

Last edited by mrmr on 06 Feb 2010, 17:16, edited 1 time in total.

dedge
dedge

Nice!
But I think they wanted to let as many space as possible for the future partners.

spaman

How deep has McLaren fallen, that they paint their car in the hope of transfering it on the R30 on track :D just to find out the way the R30s aerodynamics work.

Another Spygate.

Roger the knife

spaman wrote:How deep has McLaren fallen, that they paint their car in the hope of transfering it on the R30 on track :D just to find out the way the R30s aerodynamics work.

Another Spygate.
Is it possible that all the venting at the back of the McL, is really a spray system to cover following cars in flow-viz.... :shock:

mith

Roger the knife wrote:Is it possible that all the venting at the back of the McL, is really a spray system to cover following cars in flow-viz.... :shock:
Too much of Dan Brown ;)

manchild
manchild

Everyone likes new livery, even FIAT :lol:

tk421

love this shot, looks beautiful. mainly cause you can't see any of the hideous red bits, but also a great shape. thanks to scarbs for this photo! :mrgreen:
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

Blackout

We don't see any photo :lol: