USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Richard
Richard

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

madtown77 wrote:Why does a skunkworks operation need a head of business development?
I think it was a sales/marketing role. Even skunks need someone to help sell themselves.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Hi All,

Nick and I are working on the latest 'TailEnders' script involving USF1. The problem is, it is getting harder to make stuff up that is more ludicrous than the rubbish that they regularly come out with themselves.

Mr Alcatraz

Tazio wrote:
segedunum wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:What is Rahal doing nowadays?
Rahal's name isn't worth anything in Formula One after Jaguar after Ford brought him in basically because he was American. He ended up having a signed contract with Adrian Newey but Newey stayed at McLaren for a period of years (I'm sure that's how he ended up at Red Bull who were Jaguar) and ended up getting fired for a joke offloading of Eddie Irvine. He's not the right material.
Your point about Rahal and his F1 experience is mute when it comes to a representative leader of a real (not smoke and mirrors US F1 team effort.
Most of you aren’t old enough to remember Bobby's brilliancy and unlikely storming to his Indy 500 win. It captured the imagination of an America that relished this accomplishment. It catapulted a very successful Indy car team and ownership accomplishment. It's not important to Americans that his foray into F1 was a disaster. In fact I doubt if most OW followers in the US ever did or ever would hold it against him. My point is the Iron was hot this season. I have no idea if he ever considered this latest opportunity, But If he had American OW enthusiasts with short memories would have given him a fighting chance because he succeeded here against adversity, Pee Wee (like I stated about 100 posts ago] has a reputation here as a snake-oil salesman The US perception would have been much higher with Rahal Because like Liberty any great movement from a country must spring from within. Something our fearless leaders have failed to consider in our Mideast Liberation movement!
Power to the people {just kidding about that last ejaculation} :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Rainer Nyberg
Rainer Nyberg

Noticed some speculation about the transmission in this thread.
It is an all-american unit from EMCO.

BTW the car will be called USF1 Type One.

sticky667
sticky667

which car? :^o [-X :^o

Rainer Nyberg
Rainer Nyberg

The USF1 entered car -- F1's All-American Challenger of course.

sticky667
sticky667

:^o :^o :^o :^o

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I may be a little naive on this conjecture, but I can totally see USF1 pulling a 'Brawn' and running away with the championship.

Who cares if they are selling property left and right and have barely passed any crash tests with less than a month to go.

They're just going to 'cram' like college students right before an exam.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jddh1

Rainer Nyberg wrote:The USF1 entered car -- F1's All-American Challenger of course.
Hey, don't make fun of my title. I was only quoting Windsor (not american by the way)

jddh1

And I officially join the "USF1 will not make the grid, EVER" bandwagon. Hey, x, wassup?

Ray

Hey, we here experts on a forum spread all over the globe and nowhere near Charlotte know just exactly what's up in their offices, and us armchair experts know they have zero chance of even building a car. We know because we work there, have xray vision, and ESP so we know exactly that they can't build anything worth having because they're a bunch of backwoods, gap-toothed rednecks. Pffft. I'm surprised Peter and the technical team haven't come groveling at the feet of some members here begging to get redemption for not keeping us in the loop. Geez! Typical American arrogance.

:roll: Idiots. Get over yourselves. Just because they haven't shown you a complete car doesn't mean they aren't busting chop to either do it, or get the money to do it. So what they aren't shouting to the world about every step they take along the way. If they did you morons would get on your soapboxes and nitpick every decision they make.

xpensive
xpensive

jddh1 wrote:And I officially join the "USF1 will not make the grid, EVER" bandwagon. Hey, x, wassup?
Just indulging my 15 minutes of u-know-what with one of my Oslo-mistresses, how are things at your end jd?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard
Richard

Ray wrote:Just because they haven't shown you a complete car doesn't mean they aren't busting chop to either do it, or get the money to do it. So what they aren't shouting to the world about every step they take along the way. If they did you morons would get on your soapboxes and nitpick every decision they make.
They said they would show us more than any team ever, including webcams in the shop. We have had a video of a nose cone test, but not the full crash test. A pic of Lopez looking at a tub, but the tub is conveniently out of picture.

We are bound to ask questions when even the most basic team manages to takes a snapshot of the driver seat fitting, or announce the first start for the engine. Instead we have silence from USF1, who were supposedly going to revolutionise F1 communication for the twitter generation.

The above states the facts. When it comes to rednecks and American arrogance, I refer you to this thread ...
:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8009

countersteer
countersteer

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... ream-over/

I really REALLY wanted this to work. But where there's smoke... :cry:

Richard
Richard

countersteer wrote:http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... ream-over/

I really REALLY wanted this to work. But where there's smoke... :cry:
That's a near photocopy of the Argentinian story, so nothing new to add. However, I'm surprised Speed TV aren't more loyal to Windsor, that says a lot.