F1 in Schools Help - basizeland's project

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Giblet
Giblet

Re: F1 in Schools Help

basizeland wrote:Yeah thats a good point Syguy I hadnt really thought about that, so I think that I will stick to leaving it on the track.

Giblet that is awesome and we have always thought of getting a model rocket engine and putting it in our car just for some fun and see what time it does it in.
Rocket(s) are more fun that a rocket :)

BTW the chap in the video is not me, that is my buddy who made the car, I was just filming his son and the car and laughing hysterically.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

basizeland
basizeland

I will give WD-40 ago next time we do some track testing and see how it compares to Silicon spray. I have tapered the rear section in a bit although I could go a lot further but i am not sure whether it would be better going any further. I have a picture of the bottom of the car showing the rear section tapering in and I have also added a render of what the car will probably look like when it is complete.

I am going to send the model off to Syguy to get it put through Caedium one last time so if there are any changes you think I should make before then tell me and I will.

flameracing
flameracing

awesome render
how do you render i was never taught
i like salty peanuts

basizeland
basizeland

hey flameracing to do a render in CATIA you click on the camera icon down the bottom of the screen and then you can mess with the setting toget the quality that you want and the scene.

ashf1mclaren

nice car and paint design
Yellow wakes me up in the morning. Yellow gets me on the bike every day. Yellow has taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. Yellow makes me suffer. Yellow is the reason I'm here.

Lance Armstrong quote

flynfrog

the only thing I can see you might want to tweak would be giving the wings an airfoil cross section. also a less sharp radius where the motor case meets the side pods on the leading edge.

raceman

basizeland wrote:Image
hey, this is one interesting model.....

nice work mate

=D>

400th post

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Does it comply with rule 7c? Front wing span not less than 40mm anywhere.

basizeland
basizeland

No in that picture it didn't comply with rule 7c so i revised the front wing and come up with the one that is on the car in the picture and I have had to change the rear wing because I had it sliding into the canister housing but the organisers said that it could have been seen as an implant so I now have it sliding over the outside of the canister which gives the same result its just that the rear wing looks bigger when its just replacing the material that I had to remove to get the rear wing to slide over it.

flameracing
flameracing

r ur wheels attached to the grommet via axcle.

Theres a wheel then baering then axcle to grommet. Heres a pic please reply.

i like salty peanuts

basizeland
basizeland

Yeah thats pretty close to how we have our wheels attached to the car

flameracing
flameracing

at the start i though the bearing was n the grommet hole lol
i like salty peanuts

basizeland
basizeland

na check out the section view of our wheel a few pages back that shows u how our wheel works

basizeland
basizeland

Hey I had the new car put through Symscape's CFD program and here are the results which are promising because the drag value is lower.

Here are the drag and lift values from the 2 cars that I got Symscape to test for us.

Old Car {Drag(N) 0.332} {Lift(N) 0.06}
New Car {Drag(N) 0.318} {Lift(N) 0.20}

Here are the Pics of the new car.

These are showing the Pressure
These are showing the Velocity
These are showing the velocity with streamlines

ashf1mclaren

hi basizeland are blue pressure areas better then the red indicating higher pressure so for a good car i should be looking at green and blue?
Yellow wakes me up in the morning. Yellow gets me on the bike every day. Yellow has taught me the true meaning of sacrifice. Yellow makes me suffer. Yellow is the reason I'm here.

Lance Armstrong quote