USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
axle
axle

Re: USF1 -- F1's All-American Challenger

A recent tweet has suggested that USF1 wants to merge with another team (not StefanGP)... I'm guessing Campos...Chad Hurley has after all been reported as talking to both sides in recent weeks.

Wonder what's in it for Campos though if they merge, unless, Hurley is really the man behind the Campos buyout.
- Axle

raceman

axle wrote:A recent tweet has suggested that USF1 wants to merge with another team (not StefanGP)... I'm guessing Campos...Chad Hurley has after all been reported as talking to both sides in recent weeks.

Wonder what's in it for Campos though if they merge, unless, Hurley is really the man behind the Campos buyout.
if this merger happens, it will create a vacant grid slot as these two teams will run as a single team (if EVER happens). will StefanGP will be allowed to fill it?

:roll: :-s

Mr Alcatraz

Locstein has a prestigious address in downtown Geneva and was apparently founded by two London-based individuals called Alan Start and Matt James. There seems to be very little information available on either of them. The firm opened for business in Switzerland in 2008.

What is perhaps most odd is that it is really not clear why a company felt the need to issue a press release saying it is NOT getting involved in Formula 1.
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/02/24/odd/

This whole mess stinks of collusion!
The fish rots from the head.
It's disgraceful in all its tabloid glory
I'd have more respect for a good old fashioned Ponzi scheme!
("with tears in his eyes") :cry: :lol:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

Pup
Pup

Just so you guys know, I have also, with tears in my eyes, withdrawn my sponsorship deal with USF1, which I was planning to talk with them about next week, or perhaps the week after.

And I'm not telling you guys this just to get cheap publicity for myself. I promise.

WhiteBlue

The paint scheme issues are still unresolved!! I'm still leaning to WhiteBlueRed. The PGP sponsorship may tumble and be replaced by Henkel. :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

The FOZ
The FOZ

USF1 asked the FIA for permission to miss the first 4 races.

The FIA responds by sending Whiting to inspect their operation - find out if they actually have a shot at race #5.

Does this mean the FIA would consider letting them miss 4 races if Whiting reports back that this is within reach?

Why would the FIA even send Whiting if they aren't willing to consider letting USF1 miss 4 races?

My guess is, FIA is going to say, "OK, USF1, you get to miss 4 races, but make sure you're on the grid". Stefan realises they are now officially worthless, since they weren't allowed to race in Bahrain and don't have an entry. USF1 buys Stefan, makes the grid in Bahrain, races the Toyota car for the season, and continues to develop their car for next season.

That, or else FIA tells USF1 they can't miss 4 races, Stefan buys them, keeps the USF1 name for the season, then gets picked up by someone bigger next year.

marcush.
marcush.

The FOZ wrote:USF1 asked the FIA for permission to miss the first 4 races.

The FIA responds by sending Whiting to inspect their operation - find out if they actually have a shot at race #5.

Does this mean the FIA would consider letting them miss 4 races if Whiting reports back that this is within reach?

Why would the FIA even send Whiting if they aren't willing to consider letting USF1 miss 4 races?

My guess is, FIA is going to say, "OK, USF1, you get to miss 4 races, but make sure you're on the grid". Stefan realises they are now officially worthless, since they weren't allowed to race in Bahrain and don't have an entry. USF1 buys Stefan, makes the grid in Bahrain, races the Toyota car for the season, and continues to develop their car for next season.

That, or else FIA tells USF1 they can't miss 4 races, Stefan buys them, keeps the USF1 name for the season, then gets picked up by someone bigger next year.
to me the Stefan GP /USF1 collaboration would be a shrewd yet useful move for all involved.
Stefan will not get tyres or tires from Bridgestone,so his aim to test and sell testing opportunities is not happening.
He could buy elsewhere but then what is it worth after all?
He could wait at the sidelines and hope for USF1 to return or be forced to return the franchise to the FIA.But this will in no ways guarantee a slot for Zoran ,as it is ecclestone ,not Todt that is supporting him ,and I don´t see Todt very happy with Stefan GPs actions (hiring spy people,going to court ,dealing in the background with Bernie,openly critisizing the FIA selecting process by ignoring the facts etc..)
So to me Stefanovic has all reason to try and get the entry at least temporarily
with a move towards the USboys saving the slot by providing cars and equipment.
The american boys have as well nothing to loose when this is offered ,as they could be kicked out as soon as they do not appear in Bahrain..it would be foolish to risk that happening in this time when they are surely not in a position to guarantee appearance in race 4.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/02/25/us-f ... e-toaster/
A source close to US F1 tells me that the factory staff in Charlotte are in the process of making the toaster immortalised by a series of satirical cartoons on YouTube in recent months. And yes, I am serious…

Short of anything else to do related to their F1 car some team members are said to be working on the composite moulds for the prototype toaster, which if true at least demonstrates that the guys on the shop floor have a sense of humour.
I really feel for the guys working in the factory, they were chasing a dream.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

What i think that the FIA will do is revoke the entry for USF1, but then go on to say that they are opening the tender process up for the 2011 season, making sure that Stefan GP dont get in again after their EU Comission shenannigans and the fact they have Mike Coughlan and Dave Ryan in their team, men that the FIA wish would leave the sport due to their previous past misdemenours.

With this time, im sure that they will try and get a new engine only manufacturer into the sport, or get one that has left recently back, most probably Toyota, as they are the only one that i think would want, or could get back into F1 in time for 2011.

But id be quite happy for 12 teams to be on the grid now, as a thirteenth team to me now looks too complicated, not only with politicks, but for a saftey issue. Id also like to see 6 engine suplyers with that, each manufacturer supplying no more than 2 teams on the grid.

segedunum
segedunum

Pup wrote:Just so you guys know, I have also, with tears in my eyes, withdrawn my sponsorship deal with USF1, which I was planning to talk with them about next week, or perhaps the week after.
:lol: It's all you fault Pup.

alleyoop
alleyoop

I'm really sorry for the people that left their previous job and maybe moved to Charlotte. Now without a job in these bad times... :(

don't give up! (cit.P.Gabriel)

horse

ESPImperium wrote:Id also like to see 6 engine suppliers with that, each manufacturer supplying no more than 2 teams on the grid.
I think this should be the case for a works engine, such as the Mercedes, but for a customer supplier like Cosworth, that may supply at lower cost , there should still be no limit (or a higher one). I just feel that such a limit would not allow non-racing companies like Cosworth to develop a competitive engine.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

horse wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Id also like to see 6 engine suppliers with that, each manufacturer supplying no more than 2 teams on the grid.
I think this should be the case for a works engine, such as the Mercedes, but for a customer supplier like Cosworth, that may supply at lower cost , there should still be no limit (or a higher one). I just feel that such a limit would not allow non-racing companies like Cosworth to develop a competitive engine.
Good point there. Never thought of it like that.

Richard
Richard

axle wrote:A recent tweet has suggested .....
I've not seen that. Could you provide a link?

gibells
gibells

horse wrote:
Aren't we oversimplifying things here a bit. Ok, these engines have eg. Mercedes on the Tappet covers, but they're made in the UK by Merc's subsiduary, MBHPE- which has grown out of Ilmor. They seem to be running a profitable business, and we seem to be critising them by their attachment to Merc. The same could be said for Mecachrome (their attachment to Renault). Isn't the truth about Cosworth that they lacked supply contracts (over the last 2 years) simply because they weren't good enough?