Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

I positively like the black one best. But isn't the current livery in line with what they (Lotus) USED to have?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

outer_bongolia

Good job MC. I would definitely like to see the black livery in the front or at least the middle of the grid. For now, green will be sufficient.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

zgred

manchild
manchild

:lol:

raymondu999

zgred wrote:Image
Now that is one sexy front wing. The scoop (or is it spoon? The two stacked panels on top of the main wing plane) is highly reminiscent of FIF1, and 2009's Brawn though.

And forgive me if I'm wrong, but... the shape of the small winglet close to the leading edge of the endplate. Wouldn't that angle, and that curve on the top, generate LIFT as opposed to downforce? :shock:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

It would cause lift. However it will deflect the free-stream towards the vane that sends the air over the front tyre. It makes more air be deflected over the front wheel.

(No decent aero knowledge lies behind this post.)

outer_bongolia

They have one of the most heavily engineered front wings I have seen this year. It is in quite contrast to the simple lines of the car...
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

raymondu999

Yes they do. It reminds me a lot of Brawn's wing last year. the one I'm wondering about really are the sidepods though. They are extremely boxy and seem to have no undercut or familiar concepts from other teams :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mith

I think that this car looks so basic mostly because of the lack of development time. They had something like 3 months to make it from the sketch to the track. In my opinion it's quite an accomplishment compared to the struggling USF1 and Campos.

I know it looks like fridge on wheels but oh, come on... If you start so low you can only get better ;)

PlatinumZealot

I don't know my self but the way Ken Anderson of USF1 makes it sound, the engine cover seems to be one of the more difficult parts to make. I guess that is why the Lotus' has such a simple shape.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

Pandamasque

manchild wrote: :lol:
That's a different kind of BRG. 'Napier green' :wink:

marcush.
marcush.

n smikle wrote:I don't know my self but the way Ken Anderson of USF1 makes it sound, the engine cover seems to be one of the more difficult parts to make. I guess that is why the Lotus' has such a simple shape.
in all honesty ,the engine cover is difficult ? in what ? perhaps in getting into the small autoclave they have .. :shock:
If you can make a tub , nosecone ,wings and suspension you should not have a problem with a big panel ...
but wait, we have only seen pieces of the tub yet, maybe he forgot that those items need to be done as well before may15 ,2010...

outer_bongolia

marcush. wrote: in all honesty ,the engine cover is difficult ? in what ? perhaps in getting into the small autoclave they have .. :shock:
If you can make a tub , nosecone ,wings and suspension you should not have a problem with a big panel ...
but wait, we have only seen pieces of the tub yet, maybe he forgot that those items need to be done as well before may15 ,2010...
Gotta love the creativity behind trashing USF1 even in Lotus forum... :lol:
Carl Sagan

nacho
nacho

Again not very many laps for Kovalainen.

Maybe laps won't make much of a difference if Trulli reckons they can only fight with Virgin in the first races.

I wonder how much they can actually change the car after the season starts, obviously they need a lot of changes?

marcush.
marcush.

outer_bongolia wrote:
marcush. wrote: in all honesty ,the engine cover is difficult ? in what ? perhaps in getting into the small autoclave they have .. :shock:
Gotta love the creativity behind trashing USF1 even in Lotus forum... :lol:
Anderson ,not USF1... just could not resist ..( as I´m a modelmaker by profession
i feel qualified enough to make this statement)