Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
joseff

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth

horse wrote: What are you seeing joseff?
OK NOW I get it. The wavy-looking bit is the mirror plus its shadow. They sorta kinda looked funny at 4am. :)

mith

I'm not really sure if it isn't my imagination, but I think there actually is second deck and that it's not that small aparently.

It looks like if it was asimetrical, but it's because of the angle of the photo as well as my total lack of drawing skills.

And here's the original photo for comparison. I wish we could see it without that cover on the diffuser.

McMacca
McMacca

Possibly a stupid question but, how are they going to get the car from Spain to Bahrain in 6 days? or is it a simple mock up and the two race chassis are en-route already?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

That is just a car built for show, theres no engine as you can see the sidepod inlets are blocked off and theres no exhausts. Two real (i hope) cars are probablly enroute at the moment.

MattF1
MattF1

oops, ignore me

its still very possible to send the freight at some point this weekend and have it in bahrain in time (and without any panic)

raymondu999

That is one bulky front wing :shock: Also looking at the sidepod intakes, considering how tight the Williams sidepod intake is now, they're running them too big, no?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

raymondu999 wrote:That is one bulky front wing :shock: Also looking at the sidepod intakes, considering how tight the Williams sidepod intake is now, they're running them too big, no?
They've overdone almost every single inlet; brakes, engine intake, sidepod.

Overestimation of the actual requirements?

mx_tifosi wrote: What does the writing on the nosecone, turning vanes, and airbox cover say?
It says
"Region
de
Murcia
No-
tipical"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc6Fxq6noaU[/youtube]
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

raceman

bosanac1 wrote:they are going to outbrake everyone in turn 1 :D

:shock:

those brake ducts are, IMO, uhmm HUGE

rifrafs2kees
rifrafs2kees

Carbon wrote:
what is up with those massive front brake ducts
I have it on good authority the front brake ducts provide flow to the rearwing through a complicated series of snorkels, all operated by the driver's right elbow.
:D

Sorry, couldn't resist.
haha...good one. I actually like the color just as I liked the Minardi black. They're the ones I will be supporting among the backmarkers.

outer_bongolia

No undercut under the sidepods... This might be the only car without one.

I also agree with other posters on the simplicity of the wings.. I hope they are just placeholders.. But would not bet on it. :lol:

I think with Lotus, this car receives the "fridge on wheels" award.
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

raymondu999

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth, aka Hispania Racing

Are you looking at the same car? The car I see has quite a bit of undercut :?

And don't forget the fridge door front wing :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Pedro
Pedro

McMacca wrote:Possibly a stupid question but, how are they going to get the car from Spain to Bahrain in 6 days? or is it a simple mock up and the two race chassis are en-route already?
Dallara has produced 3 cars already. Two of them are yet en route to Bahrain, third one (on the pics) was presented in Spain yesterday.
Source: F1news.cz
http://www.f1news.cz

rich1701
rich1701

The livery is one of the worst I can remember in F1.

thestig84
thestig84

raymondu999 wrote:Are you looking at the same car? The car I see has quite a bit of undercut :?
I agree, probably one of the better areas on the car. This shows quite a tight sidepod when compared to the lotus

Outer_bonglia have you seen the lotus!?