Renault R30

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gridwalker
gridwalker

Re: Renault R30

Nice to have you on board Catalina, it's good to have a female voices on the board ...

Most of the F1 fans that I know are women (including my girlfriend) but they are sorely under represented on boards like these!
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Blackout

Welcome Catalina. or bienvenido :P

Renault says that front wing is not the final version.

cata

Blackout wrote:Welcome Catalina. or bienvenido :P

Renault says that front wing is not the final version.
well, we know the car is going to change on Bahrein, so I'm expectin that. I read somewhere that the R30 was only at 40% on the test, so I'm expecting to see some real changes on all teams.
If you're honest and you say that you did, you know that I would give you my hand...

PNSD
PNSD

I really believe Renault could be a dark horse this year... They've been quiet in testing, and looking at Roberts times he has been pretty quick. At least for Robert they have not done any qualifying sims yet either. I fully believe he will be amungst the teams and drivers scrapping at the heels of RBR, Ferrari, Mclaren and Mercedes, and he's a good enough driver to make a difference. Both drivers from the 4 elite will not always perform weekend in weekend out, and i'd be supprised if Kubica isnt the first take their points ;-)!

Despite losing Alonso, Renault have a strong replacement.

Blackout

I totally agree

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Theres gonna be 4 groups of teams in 2010:

Front Enders: Red Bull/Mercedes/Ferarri/McLaren (At the front every race, will win the majority of races)
Dark Horses: Renault/BMW Sauber/Williams (At the front occasionly, very able for for the win)
Will Surprise: Force India/Toro Rosso (Quick, will get to the front on any given race, can win, but experience will make sure thay stay second)
Tail Enders: Virgin/Hispania/Lotus (Will start off looking to get the miles under their belts, and gain relyability before slowly getting better and getting closer to the above group)
Last edited by ESPImperium on 05 Mar 2010, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

PNSD wrote:Despite losing Alonso, Renault have a strong replacement.
True, but they really need two strong drivers for the constructors championship.

I also hope that they are a dark horse and consistently break into the top team stronghold, same for Sauber and Williams.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

cata

well, I'm not sure about the "confidence" they're showing.probably Sauber, Williams and Toro Rosso may give some problems to them. but no doubt they'll improve over the season

btw, any news about the rims? :mrgreen:
If you're honest and you say that you did, you know that I would give you my hand...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

cata wrote:

btw, any news about the rims? :mrgreen:
No more than what's on the previous pages.

We probaby won't know anything more until FP1.

Bienvenida al foro, Cata.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

cata

mx_tifosi wrote: No more than what's on the previous pages.

muchas gracias :wink:

roost89
roost89

cata wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote: No more than what's on the previous pages.

muchas gracias :wink:
Rest assured Cata, if the rims change. It'll be on here and no doubt have some sort of tech info on it aswell :D

Welcome to the forum. Very nice to have some more females! I'm guessing you're a Renault fan, aye?
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Oh god, as soon as a girl appears the Renault thread goes mad. You guys are pathetic.

Can I help you with that? #-o

cata

roost89 wrote:...I'm guessing you're a Renault fan, aye?
well, I'm not sure if I'll call them my favourites, but my dad used to love Renault cars, so thats it :mrgreen:
btw, I'm lovin this R30 so far. Maybe its the livery :lol:

Poleman

Confused_Andy wrote:Oh god, as soon as a girl appears the Renault thread goes mad. You guys are pathetic.

Can I help you with that? #-o
Guess the thread needed a boost... :lol: :lol: Now i wont be surprised if the R30 gets more pages than the MP4-25 #-o

Blackout

:roll: