Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth, aka Hispania Racing

thestig84 wrote:
marcush. wrote:
neilbah wrote:Senna "For example, we’ll be starting out with suspension components made of metal instead of carbon fibre, so the car will weigh 20 kilos more than we would have liked,"

could they not have made car lighter elsewhere and added ballast later?

So the steel wishbones weigh 20 kilos more than carbon fibre items.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
so lets face the hurting truth .drivers are drivers and possibly not engineers ...they could make the car faster though... by not trying to improve the car but the spacer (between steering wheel and seatshell).
I think he was saying the total is 20kg due to lots of things, the suspension being one of them. He did say 'for example'.
so another case of not expressing what you intended to communicate...

We currently see potential for another 20 kilos of weight reduction.For example we have at this time not even put carbon suspenion wishbones or pushrods on the car....

with his claim of being a second ahead of lotus and virgin ..he has made a fool out of himself as well as already talking their opponents technical expertise down in the hydraulic problems..Lets see how the X-trac box and Cosworth engine combo fares in their machine on the hydraulic side....at least HRT got an early alert without having to fire up the engine ,thats a head start ,if something like this can be claimed given you are already a month or two (?) behind...and will arrive with something like 100km of miles covered in bahrain ..I´d suggest to put the head down and let the action do the talking .

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976

Inside the HRT....

http://twitpic.com/17rg6e

forty-two

Sorry to go off piste with this comment, but is it only me who finds the idea of a racing team called H.R.T. quite funny?

What's next, the PMS team, or perhaps avoiding feminine issues, how about the ROFL Racing Team?

Sorry in advance!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

zgred

forty-two

zgred wrote:Image
Looks a little bit like an airfix kit before it's been painted doesn't it?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

narkie
narkie

Heya guys/gals, there is actually already an HRT team in the world of motorsport - its the Holden Racing Team in the Australian V8 Championship. Mehopes they haven't trademarked the name.

Kester
Kester

I really hope for HRT's sake they were holding back and keeping the revs down. If they don't get up to speed quickly they are in for a huge beating.

raceman

Kester wrote:I really hope for HRT's sake they were holding back and keeping the revs down. If they don't get up to speed quickly they are in for a huge beating.
let's hope they will get up to speed and quickly [-o<

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

I thought the car looked much better out on track than in the pictures. Hope they do well, it was very exciting to see the new cars out there.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

zgred

raceman

zgred wrote:Image
This is a decent car, but hey, let them play with the steel wishbones first to make them out of carbon fiber to become lighter by 20kg as Brunno Senna said :wink: , and then let's see their pace

maybe at Barcelona??

zgred

freedom_honda

Senna is over 13s off the pace. I doubt they will even make it to the race.

Fil

i'm sure the setup will be dialled in a hell of a lot more by tomorrow tho. Hopefully Chandok will be able to use Senna's setup to good effect for his maiden run of the season on Saturday..
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

horse

Car looks like a total dog. Or Senna is trying to start a new sport of ice dancing formula one cars.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu