Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
forty-two

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

Lambda Sensor perhaps?

Thinking about it, didn't Kimi have an exhaust fail on him in a Ferrari where the "tailpipe" bit was hanging on by the wire to the Lambda sensor for a few laps before eventually flying off? I'm sure that some of the hardcore experts on here will be able to put me straight if I am wrong?

FYI a wiki page about Lambda sensors:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

Carbon
Carbon

I believe the piece is there simply to provide support of the opening of the exhaust, and to lessen the chances of failure due to heat/vibration.

marcush.
marcush.

Carbon wrote:I believe the piece is there simply to provide support of the opening of the exhaust, and to lessen the chances of failure due to heat/vibration.

well ,the vertical piece might be able to avoid the pipe doing some unwanted movement when hot /vibrating?

this is definitely no lambda sensor ,at best you could imagine a temperature probe..

zgred

PlatinumZealot

The double diffuser inlets look like they can be made bigger. The ones on the redbull 5 were outright scoops.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

they have to shadow the rear suspension arms, so unless Lotus shift their rear axle they cant get any bigger.

horse

newbie wrote:they have to shadow the rear suspension arms, so unless Lotus shift their rear axle they cant get any bigger.
Is that something to do with regulation or airflow?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

domdogger
domdogger

a bit off topic,

they wasn't joking about the LR8 drink

http://www.lr8.co.uk/

nacho
nacho

As I have understood they need to do a new gearbox, at least the casing to take more out of the dual diffuser concept.

gambler
gambler

mx_tifosi wrote:The exhaust has something running vertically inside of it, what's the purpose of that? A valve?

I swear it looks like an internal tri-y pipe. (where you use two paired cylenders
to scavenge the second set.)

zgred

pascaljackson
pascaljackson

zgred wrote:Image
hey zgred, is this pic in a higher resolution available? :)
in general i´d like to have more of these fantastic shots of the rear which are very rare ^^(im rebulding it in 3d :) )

autogyro
autogyro

Re: Lotus T127

I think it is very well done by Lotus.
They have obviously got some good reliability and terrific driver feed back.
All they need now is to get the car to go faster.

Shrek
Shrek

gambler wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:The exhaust has something running vertically inside of it, what's the purpose of that? A valve?

I swear it looks like an internal tri-y pipe. (where you use two paired cylenders
to scavenge the second set.)
How does the tri-y pipe work
Spencer

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

pascaljackson wrote:
zgred wrote:Image
hey zgred, is this pic in a higher resolution available? :)
in general i´d like to have more of these fantastic shots of the rear which are very rare ^^(im rebulding it in 3d :) )

i think in aus bbc did a little piece on diffuser and lotus showed what their floor was like, try looking on bbc i player for it.