Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raceman

Re: Campos-Dallara Cosworth, aka Hispania Racing

Another milestone for Hispania Racing: a trouble-free practice Friday for the first time in their short racing history!

Hispania's trouble-free Friday

quite an achievement for such a small team, isn't it? :P

marcush.
marcush.

http://www.motorsport-total.com/f1/news ... 40245.html

wow.. Geoff willis is starting a rant about Dallara and basically stated in this piece that Dallara have no clue about F1 and this car is ,well ,an outdated design,unsophisticated,a disaster to work on and altogether not even a match for the lotus from a potential standpoint..he stops just short of stating it would be best to scrap the whole car and start afresh.. :wtf: :wtf:

He also is frustrated by the contract with Dallara (amateurish drawn up by campos) which is not even giving HRT access to the drawings and CAD of the car ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
funny enough that he is allowed to discuss these matters in public... :shock:

He also is not sure to be amused with the prospects of the team and sees himself unwilling to remain at the backend of the grid...so putting some fire under Mr.Colles back already to provide some facts for the future of the outfit..some sort of carot..

ooh..could this be a sign of a premature end of a relationship ..I thought Willis was a real asset to HRT .The asset..

nacho
nacho

Maybe he's right.

marcush.
marcush.

nacho wrote:Maybe he's right.
he must be quite frustrated or desillusioned by what he saw.. every word has a reason. so he wants a decision taken by HRT it seems.

I hear: cut the ropes towards Dallara and do your own thing ,otherwise I´m gone..soon.

marcush.
marcush.

the words on autosport are a lot more clear and outright:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82630

so ...they have completely missed the boat on current F1 .. nice words indeed.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I wonder how he would speak about virgin or lotus cars ...

the point seems he is only willing to go on with a dedicated development programme
to start moving forward under his direction...with Dallara kicked out leaving them
all information available, or dallara working under his leadership on refining the boat.. :wtf: but the second option seems quite impossible now if anyone at dallara
understand more than one word in english.. :shock:

Shrieker

Re: HRT F1

If I was in charge of HRT, I'd appoint Willis to all technical matters ASAP. He won't make them a championship contender -be it short or long term- but will surely carry them up the order. HRT should listen to his advice.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

marcush.
marcush.

look very much like they try to keep him and not hurt dallara...no mention from HRT side towards dallaras shortcomings even mentioned..
Willis going public is a sign of desperation not getting things as demanded and necessary...is my conclusion.

The FOZ
The FOZ

marcush. wrote:look very much like they try to keep him and not hurt dallara...no mention from HRT side towards dallaras shortcomings even mentioned..
Willis going public is a sign of desperation not getting things as demanded and necessary...is my conclusion.
I'm confused - the Autosport article says he's a consultant, but his Wikipedia entry says he's the Technical Director for the team. His point of reference should be questioned, as he left a very well funded team that was vying for both championships last year, and is now working with a third-tier team. Of course HRT is going to be far short of the top-tier team he just left.

He might have some valid points, but I think no matter his actual status in the HRT organization, the public gnashing of teeth isn't going to help matters at all.

Moreover, in a team as cash strapped as HRT, simply making the grid was a minor miracle. I can think of another group that weren't so lucky...

marcush.
marcush.

obviously he´s advertising his expertise here and of course there are no miracles to follow after making the grid and with the recources at hand..
maybe his idea was Audi or VW getting involved and Dr.colles not denying this just to get him for this crucial time...now he realises no works deal is going to be..??

The FOZ
The FOZ

marcush. wrote:obviously he´s advertising his expertise here and of course there are no miracles to follow after making the grid and with the recources at hand..
maybe his idea was Audi or VW getting involved and Dr.colles not denying this just to get him for this crucial time...now he realises no works deal is going to be..??
The way he speaks, it's almost as if he's either divorcing himself from HRT, or he's divorcing HRT from Dallara. Or both, I guess.

I wonder if they're working to snag the Toyota design/cars for 2011? Now would be the ideal time to get that deal in place, so they'll have a great mid-field car for next season.

marcush.
marcush.

The FOZ wrote:
marcush. wrote:obviously he´s advertising his expertise here and of course there are no miracles to follow after making the grid and with the recources at hand..
The way he speaks, it's almost as if he's either divorcing himself from HRT, or he's divorcing HRT from Dallara. Or both, I guess.

I wonder if they're working to snag the Toyota design/cars for 2011? Now would be the ideal time to get that deal in place, so they'll have a great mid-field car for next season.
would it be feasible to park the Dallara and campaign the Toyota ? That would be something..they could pull a Brawn with that approach..and get away without ANY aero development as I believe the toyota would be good enough to leapfrog the team
on the level of sauber and TR speedwise...so before trying a reverse engineering of the Dallara or trying to do whatever is needed to make that dog competitive.. it seems a sensible and clever idea.. if Toyota has a realistic price tag for the
machine...

The FOZ
The FOZ

marcush. wrote:would it be feasible to park the Dallara and campaign the Toyota ? That would be something..they could pull a Brawn with that approach..and get away without ANY aero development as I believe the toyota would be good enough to leapfrog the team
on the level of sauber and TR speedwise...so before trying a reverse engineering of the Dallara or trying to do whatever is needed to make that dog competitive.. it seems a sensible and clever idea.. if Toyota has a realistic price tag for the
machine...
Toyota's had an awful last year and a half or so. They had a glimmer of hope with StefanGP, but ultimately, they're sitting on a top-notch facility, and a car/design that is gathering dust and becoming outdated. They need to sell. If they don't do it in time for 2011, it won't happen ever. The "services" idea - providing facilities and whatnot to other teams won't cover their losses in several years to the degree that selling everything outright will.

HRT would have difficulty convincing the FIA to re-homologate their chassis (a necessary step in running the Toyota car this season), but they certainly could jump on it now, so nobody else does. Immediately start analyzing the car, see where the design elements could be implemented immediately on the Dallara, at the same time improve their overall understanding of the car's design, so they can aggressively develop it through 2011

autogyro
autogyro

Waste of time because the regulations on engine, Kers, tyres and a lot more will be different next year.
In anycase all it takes to work up an F1 team is to have enough money and to find the right people.
True it usualy works better if it is in the UK but there are a few exceptions.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

IF Hispania do arround 13 more laps than Virgin overall, they will have done more race weekend distance in 2010 than Virgin. Hispania still has to make up more than 1800KM on Virgin to overtake them overall.

marcush.
marcush.

autogyro wrote:Waste of time because the regulations on engine, Kers, tyres and a lot more will be different next year.
In anycase all it takes to work up an F1 team is to have enough money and to find the right people.
True it usualy works better if it is in the UK but there are a few exceptions.
yep.

if anything ,the way could be to buy the toyota assets ..even the whole facility perhaps and get a bosst start now.
i doubt they got the finance.. or is VW or Audi money behind this all and exactly this happens.. SEAT GP anyone?