Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
dice782

HRT's Geoff Willis's Shortcut method?

Recently Willis was interviewed by auto sport and was complaining of how about how disappointed he was with the Dallara chassis and how he expected more. He went on to talk about the aero data from Dallara and reverse engineering the chassis as HRT would need to construct their own car for then next Season. Willis mentioned something about shortcut way of putting performance on the car.
I was wondering what exactly did he mean by the shortcut ways of putting performance one the car? Would this mean copying other team’s ideas without much testing in the wind tunnel?

Also what are the features he said that other teams take for granted which were not found on the HRT chassis?

jddh1

Re: HRT's Geoff Willis's Shortcut method?

dice782 wrote:Recently Willis was interviewed by auto sport and was complaining of how about how disappointed he was with the Dallara chassis and how he expected more. He went on to talk about the aero data from Dallara and reverse engineering the chassis as HRT would need to construct their own car for then next Season. Willis mentioned something about shortcut way of putting performance on the car.
I was wondering what exactly did he mean by the shortcut ways of putting performance one the car? Would this mean copying other team’s ideas without much testing in the wind tunnel?

Also what are the features he said that other teams take for granted which were not found on the HRT chassis?
I think carbon brakes is one of those features. :lol:

sticky667
sticky667

jddh1 wrote: I think carbon brakes is one of those features. :lol:
has this actually been confirmed?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Are you always this gullible Sticky667? :lol:

And of course not, they're an F1 team and they have carbon brakes just like the rest.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

autogyro
autogyro

mx_tifosi wrote:Are you always this gullible Sticky667? :lol:

And of course not, they're an F1 team and they have carbon brakes just like the rest.
It is just that theirs are graphite instead of diamond :mrgreen:

marcush.
marcush.

Re: HRT F1 car

what I don´t understand is:
on one hand willis and other teammembers have critcised dallara for not handing out technical data ,cad or in fact anything save the car..

But on the other side ..suddennly carbon wishbones appear on the car replacing steel items..and talk is about updates and a big update for Barcelona..
I scraatch my head and ask myself just who is doing the work thwere?Is Dallara working on these updates...which is not making any sense when Willis at the same time talks about reverse engineering of the car before being able to start work on an
upgraded package..and this is surely not on till Barcelona... something is not fitting here .

Richard
Richard

Oh dear, a public spat.

Another article along similar lines http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... =&ie=UTF-8

Equally, Dallara could turn round and say to HRT "these guys are useless, they struggled to get drivers and cash for the first race"

HRT and Dallara are both new to F1. I'm sure the Dallara car is rudimentary compared to the front runners. All the new teams have suffered problems that would be considered basic errors in the bigger teams.

The FOZ
The FOZ

I wonder if Dallara had designed and manufactured the car fully expecting Campos/HRT to not survive to the point of needing the car? I mean, as soon as they were looking shaky, Dallara starts shifting resources away from the project, as preemptive loss mitigation. Still produce the car...just don't put everything you can into it.

If Campos/HRT had failed, then they stand to lose less on the project. If the team survived to make the grid, Dallara profits more, since they spent less on the car, and nobody would really expect much from Campos/HRT in terms of performance, right?

It certainly would explain the "substandard" comments that the HRT guys are making.

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Sounds like HRT want to be right up there in the middle with the bigger teams, they've yet to realise its a pipe dream at year 1.

Lotus are certainly in touch with the understanding that they wont be challenging points and expect problems at this stage, it takes time and patience, something HRT fail to understand and are now looking to shift the blame.

Perhaps all the hype at the launch of this car has put egg on their face.

sticky667
sticky667

I wouldn't write off any of the new teams catching a few points this year. We've had them finish as high as 14th due to retirements from reliability or silly driving from the other teams. They only need to make it as high as 10th to catch a point and a few million.

JGomezH
JGomezH

marcush.
marcush.

The FOZ wrote:I wonder if Dallara had designed and manufactured the car fully expecting Campos/HRT to not survive to the point of needing the car? I mean, as soon as they were looking shaky, Dallara starts shifting resources away from the project, as preemptive loss mitigation. Still produce the car...just don't put everything you can into it.

If Campos/HRT had failed, then they stand to lose less on the project. If the team survived to make the grid, Dallara profits more, since they spent less on the car, and nobody would really expect much from Campos/HRT in terms of performance, right?

It certainly would explain the "substandard" comments that the HRT guys are making.
ah comeon..you don´t go to Dallara stating build me a F1 car here is the money ,do what you think ,we have to pay anyways?
they must have defined targets and specs,or where they really dreaming completely?
Last edited by marcush. on 23 Apr 2010, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

JGomezH wrote:Brake ducts closed ??

http://www.hispaniaf1team.com/images/ph ... chn650.jpg
This is normal in every type of series and category. There are different cooling requirements for each circuit, temperature, etc. They can close and open them as needed.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

volarchico
volarchico

But completely closed? Is that normal?

marcush.
marcush.

volarchico wrote:But completely closed? Is that normal?
I doubt this is entirely closed .the duct is very big and it is well possible they chose to open up only the lowest part wich is shaded by the wingflap.