Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
nacho
nacho

Re: Lotus T127

They seem pretty confident on their upgrade, we'll see.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

A pic from the Lotus racebays from today.

Trullis car at the top (T127-03) and Kovvys car at the bottom (T127-01) at the bottom.

And from what i can read into the Lotus chassis numbers, they are following the STR/Minardi route, as they have seem to have used the T127-02 for Pre Season testing and for the T-Car and one used for R&D tests on the seven post rig.

Last edited by ESPImperium on 01 May 2010, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

thestig84
thestig84

nacho wrote:They seem pretty confident on their upgrade, we'll see.
I think they can be more confident of finding a big chunk of time than the established teams as they are starting from further back and were very conservative with their initial aero package, especially in areas such as cooling.

I think they will find a second like they are planning.

autogyro
autogyro

+1
I think it will be a second also.

I count Lotus as the best achievment in F1 this season so far.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

autogyro wrote:+1
I think it will be a second also.

I count Lotus as the best achievment in F1 this season so far.
Lotus are fast becoming my favrouite "slower" team in F1. Force India are my mid pack team, and Red Bull/McLaren are my sharp end teams. The one team i think we are all supporting is Hispania in the elk that it has the Minardi Spirit in it.

I think the second will be found at Barcelona, and once the baseline is developed at Barcelona for effectivly their "B Spec" car from the one launced for the third test and raced untill now. I think this recvision will eventually see about 1.3-1.7 seconds improvement at Turkey with they way they setup the car once they have understood the data from Barcelona and Monaco. Id expect a "C Spec" car to be done for Silverstone as well.

This car has to be the biggest achivement in the current F1 grid. From little more than CAD drawings on Gascogynes laptop to being almost on the pace in arround 7 months, for a budget that is only one-tenth of the budget of McLaren till now.

domdogger
domdogger

by the latter part of the season I think lotus will be racing renault, force india and Toro Rosso

wesley123
wesley123

domdogger wrote:by the latter part of the season I think lotus will be racing renault, force india and Toro Rosso
sure, they can make up 4 seconds of time and battle with teams who show incredible development.

Now seriously, there is no chance they are gonna come there that fast. Sure, making something better that is bad is easier then making something better that is alreay good, but there is no chance it will happen
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mycadcae

Re: Lotus 2010 Car

zgred wrote:Image

New sponsor? Their own drink? Yesterday it was clean.

the best drink...
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

raymondu999

a bit offtopic, but... does it actually exist?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

PNSD
PNSD

Apparently so...

http://www.lr8energy.com/

RAF
RAF

They have a reliable conservative base car to start from with regards to upgrades.

They have been the most successful of the new teams so far, so they have a good starting point considering the slab sided aero. New aero on the car should not effect the aero, so they have a safe bet of increasing their lap times considerably for barcelon or the following race at least.

thestig84
thestig84

RAF wrote: New aero on the car should not effect the aero
Not sure what you mean here????

Good new video on http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/05/v ... a-package/ about the lotus update. Seem to be hoping for 1.5 seconds now. Hope so, will be good to see them possibly racing the slower established teams.

RAF
RAF

Ooops yeah, I meant to say that new aero should not affect reliability,,, :lol: :oops:

nacho
nacho

thestig84 wrote: Good new video on http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2010/05/v ... a-package/ about the lotus update.
Very good little video, I recommend to everyone.

sheikomatic
sheikomatic

Front wing in the video looks pretty much similar as Toyota TF109..