Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marinopc
marinopc

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

Any pic of the new diffuser?

siskue2005

newbie wrote:thats certainly not what that device is doing. From what I understand, it is a passive version of McLaren's F-duct. also, increasing rear wing downforce is generally only done to balance increase in front wing downforce, which is why rear wing design stays pretty boring and stationary year-on-year.
i was not talking about the passive F duct
i was talking about the rear wing elements with slot on it
look at the technical part of this site

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Schumacher looks bang on through turn 3, the long right hander.

To the naked eye at least it seems the car isnt understeering out and holding its line nicely.
More could have been done.
David Purley

bugref
bugref

Spot on johnson, on his first attempt he recorded 5th then on the second fast run first and the first one to break the 1.21 barrier, I never seen Shumacher on the top for the first 4 races. I do hope It will turn his fortune to the better this Time

Good luck Mr. Schumi, I have no problem with Rosberg seems he can handle any type of car when given to him he did good exactly and I am impressed.

but sad to say folks the two maclaren demote him to 3rd place.
But I was happy for the result. Good To see you Schumacher ride like that, the precision is awesome.

siskue2005

the mclarens are pretty fast
hope the mercs can catch them

bugref
bugref

Guys Hope you can give a good res picture of the B-Spec W01 someday, I need the all angle of the car for collection appreciate it very much.

God Speed

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Pandamasque

It seems they moved the front suspension and the wing forwards.

bugref
bugref

Order of Free Practice 2:
Vettel,
Webber,
Schumacher,
Alonso,
Hamilton,
Kubica,
Rosberg,
Massa,
Button,
Sutil

although its still practice session, but it seems that Schumacher is pretty consistent this time. I still need to hear his opinion on the new B-spec Car. It seems, that weight distribution was not a fluke after all, but I am glad they had pin pointed the problem, and It seems their solution of the problem was addressed well, but I cant say if they have finally solve the problem but I am glad it gave Michael Schumacher the speed to fight against the top runner. Once again A lot of Luck for you Michael Schumacher for the Qualifying and Race.

Yups
Yups

Based on the last long run, Michael was consistent and about half a second faster than Rosberg.

djones
djones

I think that will be it now for Rosberg. He has had his dominance in the team but now the car suits MS, its game over.

The car looked so much better. You could see how there was hardly any steering movement through the corners unlike before when they (mainly ms) were constantly fighting the car.

siskue2005

Nico is were he always used to in practice sessions
i think Nico is at the same level as he left the last race
Only difference is that Michael has improved vastly

djones
djones

I agree. I get the impression Nico can drive pretty much any car well. Ms is ok in every car, but hugely fast in a car that suits his specific needs.

manchild
manchild

Why do they force Nico to drive new chassis when he was excellent in older one?

That is the most idiotic decision they could have made.

Hope Keke will have his say on this. [-X

BTW, if the car overturns in sand trap, I'm afraid that it will lay on driver's head instead of vertical crash structure that will dip trough gravel like knife trough hot butter.

Last edited by manchild on 07 May 2010, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

djones
djones

I think its more a case of the new car could be half a second faster than the old one for NR, but 1 second faster for MS as it now suits him.