Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
segedunum
segedunum

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

If you want to catch a sniff of a rumour that might be true if it fits certain events, then you might read a Bild article to get a wiff.

However, this is rubbish. There is not a snowball in hell's chance that Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes are going to help each other. If the best the teams can hope for is second behind Red Bull then that's where any one of them wants to be - at the expense of those other teams.

Blackout

Intego wrote:
Sorry, but that's rubbish. That article quotes what the german BILD just wrote and that's - as always - rubbish. Until today I can't understand why
a) people read that crap
b) people believe that crap and
c) newspapers and journalists repeat that crap.
:lol: =D>

Intego

segedunum wrote:If you want to catch a sniff of a rumour that might be true if it fits certain events, then you might read a Bild article to get a wiff.
Right, but - as you did and motorsport.com did not - you have to use your brain. 8)
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Aryoh
Aryoh

Newspapers live of that crap, because most of the people dont want to think, they just repeat what newspapers say.
Secrets and mystery always sell good.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Intego wrote:
segedunum wrote:If you want to catch a sniff of a rumour that might be true if it fits certain events, then you might read a Bild article to get a wiff.
Right, but - as you did and motorsport.com did not - you have to use your brain. 8)
I kind of posted this tongue in cheek, Of course nowhere in the story did it mention Mercedes Ferrari and Mclaren would help each other......
More could have been done.
David Purley

Morteza

Guys, Did Rosberg have any problems on the first practice? He did only 15 laps
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

raceman

Morteza AMG wrote:Guys, Did Rosberg have any problems on the first practice? He did only 15 laps
Yes, some major set-up changes to his liking (as the news evolves, we may get more overview on that).

segedunum
segedunum

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:I kind of posted this tongue in cheek, Of course nowhere in the story did it mention Mercedes Ferrari and Mclaren would help each other......
'Bild said the "secret pact" between McLaren, Ferrari and Mercedes involves the "exchange of data" about the technical superiority of the latest car designed by Adrian Newey.'
I think that and the implications of it are pretty clear.

siskue2005

i posted this few pages ago,
Look at their rear wing....its practically the same Wing form 2009 Melbourne :? :(

Why they dont have the slotted wing?? nor any curves etc
the endplates are pretty poor aswell compared to others

2009 Melbourne

2010 Monaco

Look at Mclaren's , they have 3 slots int heir R wing

All other 11 teams have it, why dont Merc! :( :(
not to mention how basic their diffusor looks compared to others
Last edited by siskue2005 on 13 May 2010, 13:58, edited 2 times in total.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Interesting to see the front wing deflection in that Schumy pic above. intentional? I think not ..

siskue2005

BreezyRacer wrote:Interesting to see the front wing deflection in that Schumy pic above. intentional? I think not ..
i cant see any. what do u mean?

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

siskue2005 wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:Interesting to see the front wing deflection in that Schumy pic above. intentional? I think not ..
The outer ends of the wings are bent down. Do you really not see it? It's a waste of DF ..

raymondu999

I was under the impressions all wings deflected.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

BreezyRacer wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
The outer ends of the wings are bent down. Do you really not see it? It's a waste of DF ..
Why a waste of DF? The load still goes into the tires.....

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

RacingManiac wrote:
Why a waste of DF? The load still goes into the tires.....
No .. the load goes towards deflecting the wing. The DF has to travel thru the chassis before it goes thru the suspension to the tires. Imagine the car sitting still in the pits .. now put enough weight on the wing to make it deflect the 15 or so mm that the pic above seems to show. That weight is the energy used purely to flex the wing. That is the DF wasted, keeping in mind that DF is NOT mass/weight, but rather a force.