Lotus T127 Cosworth

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Lotus T127

No, Monaco aggravates that kind of weakness... A car that have a good mechanical grip, enough downforce and an aero that is not very sensitive to ride height variations, is fast in Monaco. The Lotus has a good mechanical grip...

allanporsche
allanporsche

Blackout wrote:No, Monaco aggravates that kind of weakness... A car that have a good mechanical grip, enough downforce and an aero that is not very sensitive to ride height variations, is fast in Monaco. The Lotus has a good mechanical grip...
=D> =D>

raymondu999

I was surprised that the newer cars were so off the pace actually. I thought that more or less most teams would be there in terms of mechanical. After all, they have the same tyres, and tyres is already half the mechanical equation...
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ringo

Well braking, power delivery, suspension geometry and the sprung mass movement plays a role too. So i'm not surpised how crappy the hrt is. The Lotus has good basic design so it will do better of course.
For Sure!!

pipex
pipex

any word about the supposed sidepod update?
"We will have to wait and see".

Blackout

We know that the remaining updates are coming in Turkey... maybe new sidepods among them.

pipex
pipex

Thanks Blackout :)
"We will have to wait and see".

raymondu999

They did say new sidepods for Monaco though. Or Barcelona. Either one. But I can't remember seeing the sidepods any less boxy.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

Fernandez after Barcelona :

We’re all now looking forward to Monte Carlo and Turkey where we’ll have all our upgrades together on both cars and build on the performance we put in during qualifying here.”

ringo

Lotus will get a point this year, someway somehow. [-o<
For Sure!!

sticky667
sticky667

dunno if anyone has seen this... this is the first mention i've heard of it
http://www.f1news.nl/news/7426-Lotus+Renault%3F.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter wrote: Lotus Renault?

Mon 17-05 2010

The latest rumors in Monaco Lotus would seek another engine supplier for 2011. Lotus would already have spoken with Renault.

Renault had just held in Monaco this still an additional team of customer engines to meet. Renault now offers only its own Formula 1 - squad also successfully engines to Red Bull.

Lotus now runs a Cosworth engine, this engine is reliable but still not as fast as the top engine of Mercedes, Renault and Ferrari.

Lotus will this year launch a major update scheduled for Silverstone, it wants the team set its sights on next year. Heikki Kovalainen is confident:
"The car this year is working quickly, the team still had nothing. Next year there is more time and experience, then the team can make a big step. I expect that we can seriously become involved."

Paul

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58Zkbbfygjw[/youtube]

More nice details in this video than usual.

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Lotus switch focus to 2011.

And confirmation they have steal/metal suspension parts currently.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/83739
"We are also taking weight out of the car. We don't have carbon suspension on the car, that will be coming through for Silverstone, and that will obviously carry over to next year. We are pretty happy with where we are."

raymondu999

Wow. Quite amazing. I'm amazed they didn't have too many balance issues, as that would've probably compromised their weight distribution efforts with ballast
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

forty-two

Looks like Force India are taking legal action against Lotus for "intellectual property" infringements. Short article here:

http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157

I wondered whether this one would kick off again after that initial wind tunnel model released by Lotus which looked spookily like a FI!
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?