Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
univex
univex

Re: Red Bull RB6

tok-tokkie wrote:The TV I saw of Friday practice when Webber's engine blew showed he has sealing foam on the back of his left glove for sealing the control port. Just like Ferrari. It is not an automatic system. The big difference compared to McLaren is the normal flow when full downforce is wanted is in the lower tube below the wing whereas on McLaren that tube is down to the bridge wing level.
How could their F duct possibly be activated depending on throttle opening (= airbox pressure)? Turn 8 is MAXIMUM downforce corner but it is also full throttle. Down the straight is MINIMUM downforce but again it is maximum throttle.
Turn it on with the hand, turn it off via the airbox pressure????? Random thought, dangerous if you accidently turn it on through a full throttle corner though.
Last edited by univex on 29 May 2010, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

wesley123
wesley123

What i just noticed on a pic is that Red Bulls rear wing is not full height, the second wing just ends before the top of the end plates, similair was done by williams at spa last year
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

univex
univex

On the right side of the car, near the Total sign, is this a new opening?
Last edited by univex on 29 May 2010, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.

univex
univex

The new wings.

Blackout

univex wrote:Image
no. 2009...

djos

univex wrote:Image
Nope, been there all year.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

wesley123 wrote:What i just noticed on a pic is that Red Bulls rear wing is not full height, the second wing just ends before the top of the end plates, similair was done by williams at spa last year
Apparently they flew in new rear-wings with extra-low drag end-plates and they arrived just in time to be used in Qually.
"In downforce we trust"

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Image of the F duct

Edit: Late post

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they were evaluating blown wing/no blown wing, and deciding to fly in another wing assy overnight. Just the incredible things they go thru arriving at such a decision, all the time confident that the drivers would pick up on the changes immediately. Amazingly tight, this Red Bull team! Racing at it's finest ..

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Turkey diffuser ..

nacho
nacho

Vettel had a roll bar failure, man those RB's are having different kind of failures.

In Q3 when he was viewed on in car you can see how his left front is hanging completely up and locked when turning left at some corner.

raymondu999

I think it's more of a lockup because the tyre wasn't in contact with the track though. So the brake would've just stopped the tyre rolling but not done anything to flatspot the tyre for the most part.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

The Local Ride

Doesnt look like there is much force going through the tyre in this image

nacho
nacho

From Autosport.com :
Team principal Christian Horner said: "It looks like it was the roll-bar linkage. With no control over the roll of the car, as soon you turn in the car just rolls over. So he just locked the inside front wheel as it stuck up in the air."

autogyro
autogyro

Surely if the rear roll bar failed, the effect would be to lift either front wheel depending on left or right corner.
Vettel reported a locking brake. Which seems to have been a symptom rather than the cause.
I would have thought it was caused by a broken right rear spring as originaly diagnosed by the telemetry according to the team.