Mercedes GP MGP W01

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
aral
aral

Re: Mercedes GP MGP W01

siskue2005 wrote:
n smikle wrote:They can always put a "T" shape on top of the blade i think.
exactly what i was thinking
Can't! It would be against the rules, and would cause more leverage on the blade, if the car rolled over! Apart from that, it would also create more windage!
I am sure that if Merc had thought it neccessary , and within the rules, it would have been done. But , like it or not, FIA make the rules to promote driver safety, and they obviously feel that the current interpretation by Merc, does not provide adequate protection.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

gilgen wrote: the current interpretation by Merc, does not provide adequate protection.
I still do not understand why FIA "feeling" should be a dictat for a ban.
Its bloody ridiculous.
FIA can "feel" many things, and its such a grey area its open to abuse.
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 10 Jun 2010, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Richard
Richard

I download every report a day or two after the race and post them here ...

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8168&hilit=race+data&start=15

Gilgen are you referring to the "FIA Formula One Technical Delegate Report? Teh file is called tur-race-report.pdf No mention of the Mercedes fin in that.

aral
aral

richard_leeds wrote:I download every report a day or two after the race and post them here ...

Gilgen are you referring to the "FIA Formula One Technical Delegate Report? Teh file is called tur-race-report.pdf No mention of the Mercedes fin in that.
Thanks, but no, it was not a post race report. When I opened the site for a post race report, it also allowed me access to other reports. One of these was specifically a three line statement about the Merc roll-over bar. I keep trying to access the relevant site, but I am still getting a block. I am definetly not dreaming, and haven't been to any head shop!

Richard
Richard

gilgen wrote: I keep trying to access the relevant site, but I am still getting a block.
The race reports are only available to the public for a week after the race, and only a couple of days for back to back races.

raceman

Ultimatum from Brawn to Mercedes
Catch the top teams by mid-season or focus fully on 2011 car.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

gilgen wrote:
richard_leeds wrote:I download every report a day or two after the race and post them here ...

Thanks, but no, it was not a post race report. When I opened the site for a post race report, it also allowed me access to other reports. One of these was specifically a three line statement about the Merc roll-over bar. I keep trying to access the relevant site, but I am still getting a block. I am definetly not dreaming, and haven't been to any head shop!
You clearly don't like the Merc roll-blade and are just creating bulls*** to stir things up. Calm down .., you don't write the rules.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Diesel wrote:You clearly don't like the Merc roll-blade and are just creating bullsh*** to stir things up. Calm down kiddy, you don't write the rules.
Yes, someone will have to die or undergo serious injury before we change what is obvious to everyone ..

JohnsonsEvilTwin

BreezyRacer wrote:
Diesel wrote:You clearly don't like the Merc roll-blade and are just creating bullsh*** to stir things up. Calm down kiddy, you don't write the rules.
Yes, someone will have to die or undergo serious injury before we change what is obvious to everyone ..
Care to elaborate why someone will die or be harmed for somthing that is equally as good as what it replaced?
More could have been done.
David Purley

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

The obvious reason of digging in, whether that be dirt or more likely, a gravel trap. Just look at Kubica's accident in Canada a few years ago and tell me which structure you would want over your head.

aral
aral

Diesel wrote:
gilgen wrote:

You clearly don't like the Merc roll-blade and are just creating bullsh*** to stir things up. Calm down ... , you don't write the rules.
I quoted the article as new info. But I think that your comment was uncalled for. I trust you will apologise when the news finally breaks!

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

gilgen wrote:
Diesel wrote:
gilgen wrote: Thanks, but no, it was not a post race report. When I opened the site for a post race report, it also allowed me access to other reports. One of these was specifically a three line statement about the Merc roll-over bar. I keep trying to access the relevant site, but I am still getting a block. I am definetly not dreaming, and haven't been to any head shop!
You clearly don't like the Merc roll-blade and are just creating bullsh*** to stir things up. Calm down ..., you don't write the rules.
I quoted the article as new info. But I think that your comment was uncalled for. I trust you will apologise when the news finally breaks!
You have my word, I will apologise. However, until you can provide an official source I stand by my opinion that you clearly don't like the Merc 'blade' and want to see it banned, and are just simply stirring things up with false claims of seeing an official FIA document stating it will be banned.

aral
aral

I quoted the article as new info. But I think that your comment was uncalled for. I trust you will apologise when the news finally breaks![/quote]

You have my word, I will apologise. However, until you can provide an official source I stand by my opinion that you clearly don't like the Merc 'blade' and want to see it banned, and are just simply stirring things up with false claims of seeing an official FIA document stating it will be banned.[/quote]

Believe what you want, but why not fax FIA for info. I sent them a fax today as they will not accept emails. I am waiting for their response.

forty-two

gilgen wrote:Believe what you want, but why not fax FIA for info. I sent them a fax today as they will not accept emails. I am waiting for their response.
What? They WONT accept E-Mail? :lol:

What's next, only allowing communications in the form of Telex, Telegram or carrier pigeon. Perhaps next year it will be cave drawings, or maybe smoke signals!

I guess this is to stop them from being flooded with junk from plebs such as us, but seriously, who uses a fax these days?

Sorry for being off topic guys, but that tickled me! Mods, please delete this if you deem this wildly off topic.
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

PlatinumZealot

gilgen wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
n smikle wrote:They can always put a "T" shape on top of the blade i think.
exactly what i was thinking
Can't! It would be against the rules, and would cause more leverage on the blade, if the car rolled over! Apart from that, it would also create more windage!
I am sure that if Merc had thought it neccessary , and within the rules, it would have been done. But , like it or not, FIA make the rules to promote driver safety, and they obviously feel that the current interpretation by Merc, does not provide adequate protection.
More leverage on the blade maybe but it's not much more. Yes It will add a larger bending load when the car lands on a tip of the "T", but nothing is wrong with that. I don't agree with the more windage part becuase you can make it as some flow conditioner. The blade is almost three inches wide too so I don't think the present design will dig in to the gravel any more than a regular airbox (acting like a huge Shovel) that only has a rim of about 1" thick.

Here is a similar concept.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028