Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
freedom_honda

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

FACT: Senna is getting his ass kicked by Chandhok again this weekend. :S

volarchico
volarchico

ringo wrote:Yeah TSN hopefully, but TSN does not show the podium press conference.
How about a U.S. channel? We don't get TSN down here.

volarchico
volarchico

volarchico wrote: How about a U.S. channel? We don't get TSN down here.
A little more desperate searching and I found an answer to my own question. Looks like FOX picked this one up at 1200 EDT on Sunday.

raymondu999

freedom_honda wrote:FACT: Senna is getting his ass kicked by Chandhok again this weekend. :S
You didn't expect him to just roll over and die for all 19 races did you? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raceman

Certainly, it's going to be a hell of a GP this year!

BTW, where the heck is Giblet with his pics???

WhiteBlue

mr moda wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Fact: Webber 0.4 s behind Vettel. In FP1 also behind by 1 s.
FACT: We are getting tired of your blatant fanboyism.
FACT: We are getting tired of your personal attacks. You know very well that the inherent speed of the RB drivers was an issue of debate lately. So why is it suddenly illegitimate or fanboyism to compare the lap times of the team mates? It appears that your criticism is driven by your agenda and not by concern for the content of this thread. I'll be happy to discuss this by PM instead of littering the thread with personal remarks.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

I'll rephrase then. Given their respective programs in FP1 and FP2, with possibly differing fuel loads, differing objectives, respectively, Vettel was 1 sec faster in FP1 and 4 tenths (was it 4?) in FP2. Which frankly given the differing fuel loads isn't saying much.

What's interesting to me though is that Vettel clocks in 310 at the speedtrap, while Webber does 307. SO either Vettel just had much more traction coming out of the hairpin and onto the straight leading to the pit entry, or he had less wing maybe?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

He was cutting the walled corners much finer than Webber as you can see from the pictures and video footage. So I would call it taking more speed on the straight. Yes, different fuel loads can be an issue but nowadays teams stick to fairly rigid schedules to get the work done and that means that cars are given equal fuel loads to make data comparable. Qually should be interesting.

Another team mate battle worth watching is the one at Merc. While Schumacher was higher in the times most of the time Rosberg was the faster Merc driver absolutely. He did a huge lap on primes in FP2.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

siskue2005

WhiteBlue wrote:He was cutting the walled corners much finer than Webber as you can see from the pictures and video footage. So I would call it taking more speed on the straight. Yes, different fuel loads can be an issue but nowadays teams stick to fairly rigid schedules to get the work done and that means that cars are given equal fuel loads to make data comparable. Qually should be interesting.

Another team mate battle worth watching is the one at Merc. While Schumacher was higher in the times most of the time Rosberg was the faster Merc driver absolutely. He did a huge lap on primes in FP2.
MS had huge graining from his tyre , mainly the Options....same as Mclarens
Today it might be different...as the track rubbers up
Its looks like Schumy is having problems to switch on the tyres for a single lap run
But lets see what will happen, Nico looking good and MS also looked good :D

zenithbeach

bill shoe wrote: And since we're on the subject, how does this make the teams feel about the lack of a tire decision for next year? This weekend underlines how critical tires are in F1, but the FIA is busy marking out their turf by delaying a final decision for several weeks.
i think they mentioned it here :)

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/ ... 10896.html

not very informative but hey..

Team principals: Eric Boullier (Renault), Norbert Haug (Mercedes), Christian Horner (Red Bull), Martin Whitmarsh (McLaren)

Q: (Gaetan Vigneron – RTBF) Question to all of you regarding the decision for tyres for next year. Jean Todt has said that it’s a decision of the FIA and of Bernie Ecclestone. What’s your opinion about that? It seems to be quite urgent, so when could we have a final decision?
MW: I think what Jean’s reflecting is that current regulations require the FIA to go out to tender and clearly that is something we all have a vested interest in concluding. I think teams, the FIA, the commercial rights holder have been working hard to reach a conclusion and I’m sure they will be able to shortly.
CH: I think the only thing to add is that the sole supplier situation that we have in Formula One has enabled independent teams such as ourselves to be competitive with automotive-owned teams and larger organisations. I think the most fundamental thing going forward is that we have equality of tyre supply. In the situation that we have at the moment, we have a good tyre supplier who unfortunately won’t be with us in 2011. I think the teams are clear where they want to go with the options that are on the table and hopefully the FIA together with Bernie Ecclestone can come to a similar conclusion.
MW: I think it’s urgent for whoever comes in. They need to get the tyres designed, developed and work out the logistics of manufacturing the number of tyres required and servicing Formula One next year and for the teams, we need it very urgently, so that we can design next year’s car, because clearly the tyre characteristics are a fundament starting point for the layout of next year’s car. So it’s pretty urgent really, for the tyre companies and for the teams.

Q: (MC) And are you going to want to test those tyres before the end of this season?
MW: I think the two companies that have been expressing an interest have got views on how they would test, whether they would test with teams or by other means but again, the quicker and earlier we can test and validate the design characteristics have been met and the things are safe the better. It’s going to be difficult. All of the teams, over the last couple of years, have now stood down their test teams, so none of us, frankly, are equipped to go out there testing and tyre testing as we did before. There have been a lot of initiatives in Formula One to reduce costs and I think we’ve got to be careful we don’t creep back in the wrong direction in dealing with this change, but I’m sure it’s something that together we will work through satisfactorily.

WhiteBlue

siskue2005 wrote: MS had huge graining from his tyre , mainly the Options....same as Mclarens
Today it might be different...as the track rubbers up
Its looks like Schumy is having problems to switch on the tyres for a single lap run
But lets see what will happen, Nico looking good and MS also looked good :D
The situation was more complicated than that. Both Merc drivers could not really make the options work which was partly down to a very small time window when that tyres were working well in a short sun shine spell. Then the track temperature collapsed again and times on options went bad again.

The second issue was how the individual cars coped with softer tyres. The Ferrari was not very competitive on primes but was dynamite for one or two laps on the options. It could have a big impact on qually if the sun shines or not.

Chaparral

WhiteBlue wrote:
mr moda wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Fact: Webber 0.4 s behind Vettel. In FP1 also behind by 1 s.
FACT: We are getting tired of your blatant fanboyism.
FACT: We are getting tired of your personal attacks. You know very well that the inherent speed of the RB drivers was an issue of debate lately. So why is it suddenly illegitimate or fanboyism to compare the lap times of the team mates? It appears that your criticism is driven by your agenda and not by concern for the content of this thread. I'll be happy to discuss this by PM instead of littering the thread with personal remarks.
Moda is just stating a fact Gugs - you worshipped Chubacker senior whilst he was winning and now have latched onto Vettel and same ole bias - no doubt if Webber were to win the WDC this year you will be on that horse also until he has a few races off the pace - so transparent. I think it will be a RBR front row as to whos on pole I dont know and the race looks like it will be down to tyre/pitstop strategies..........looking forward to it
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

raymondu999

Chaparral wrote: I think it will be a RBR front row as to whos on pole I dont know and the race looks like it will be down to tyre/pitstop strategies..........looking forward to it
Really? You're the first person who (I know of) that hasn't put a Macca for pole. Any reasons as to why you think RBR will dominate qualifying with a front row?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Chaparral

raymondu999 wrote:
Chaparral wrote: I think it will be a RBR front row as to whos on pole I dont know and the race looks like it will be down to tyre/pitstop strategies..........looking forward to it
Really? You're the first person who (I know of) that hasn't put a Macca for pole. Any reasons as to why you think RBR will dominate qualifying with a front row?
Raymund dont waste your time baiting - its simple - I dont think the Maccas are up to it they just dont appear to have the pace certainly from their P2 results but yep Id be willing to be surprised :)
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

raymondu999

Sorry if I sounded like I was baiting... but true and honest, I wasn't. P2 was a surprise though, I agree. Macca are generally kings of FP. But we know that Hamilton won on his first time here and he was on his way to another victory when he traded that victory for Raikkonen's diffuser.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法