Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Ted68

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Anyone else notice SpeedTV isn't showing the race on Sunday? Whats going on?
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

donskar
donskar

@siskue2005

VERY impressive. 8) Unfortunately, I make my living on the Internet, 11-13 hours a day, so seldom "play" with computers!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

donskar
donskar

Ted68 wrote:Anyone else notice SpeedTV isn't showing the race on Sunday? Whats going on?
YIKES! Who is carrying it in USA????

FOX?
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

ringo

Look on how close the sector times. One little mistake in sector 1 and it can mean a midfield grid possition.
Sector1 times are virtually the same for all cars. Sector 3 is more car dependent. Sector 2 has more variance, but 1 is where 2 teammates can have completely distant grid positions with a little mistake. All cars have to nail sector 1 so as to not give the competitor any breathing room in the other 2.
For Sure!!

xpensive
xpensive

Ted68 wrote:Anyone else notice SpeedTV isn't showing the race on Sunday? Whats going on?
Peter Windsor cannot be found. Not anywhere.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Shrek
Shrek

Yes it should be on FOX tommorrow
Spencer

univex
univex

Speed is showing le mans, nascar quali, and F1 quali at 4:30 ET according to the feed in Oz on onehd.

bill shoe
bill shoe

ISLAMATRON, thanks for the on-site observations from the hairpin. I love that kind of info.

Tire Strategy- I think best approach is to start on softs and come in during the first safety car, even if this happens on the first lap. If no safety car then come in after ~5-8 laps. Then run the rest of the race on two sets of the harder tire.

Notice how Bridgestone is giving clear and honest info about the tire performance? As someone who attended Indy in 2005 I can assure you this kind of simple clarity is opposite of how Michelin handled that situation.

freedom_honda

Does anyone have a live BBC stream of the quali?

roost89
roost89

Righto, there's just been a wee chat on the BBC coverage with Whitmarsh, Horner and Brawn.

One of the interesting things they chatted was that they're trying to allow an f-duct for next year that is only usable when you're behind a car in-front and the car in-front cannot use it to defend. Thus allowing a greater opportunity to overtake by killing drag from the car.

Glad to see F1 back in Montreal where it needs to be :) Looking forward to quali.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

freedom_honda

They are thinking about a movable rear wing.

IMO I am not a big fan of the idea, I think they should allow them to increase downforce when they are following someone to regain the DF they lose in the wake, but reducing the drag would just make the overtaking too easy.

zgred

technoppp
technoppp

hi,
I am new to this forum...can someone give me the link to follow the qualifying live...don't want to miss the action

WhiteBlue

no such thing, legally
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zgred