Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

How on earth did Red Bull manage a 2-3 with prime tyres while Hamilton was only a couple of tenths faster with options?!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

komninosm
komninosm

Just_a_fan wrote:What odds on Hamilton getting a penalty...
For what? Don't scare me like that :o

ISLAMATRON

komninosm wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:
komninosm wrote:Button had some weird tires at some point, they looked like intermediates. What gives?
set up tires only used in the pits
Weird, I didn't know that and the TV people were wondering like me.
I'm only quoting what I heard on the TV, I'm in Canada so I dont know exactly know who I'm listening to... it was on TSN

komninosm
komninosm

raymondu999 wrote:How on earth did Red Bull manage a 2-3 with prime tyres while Hamilton was only a couple of tenths faster with options?!
I don't think the Red Bulls did any faster laps with the option tires.

raymondu999

Yeah but it'd be fun to see if they could've managed any better on options though :P

The BBC said that it's been raining every night. I know rain will wash away probably any rubbered-in lines, but it will also wash away dust. Does that mean that there won't be a clean/dirty line for tomorrow's race IF it rains tonight?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

WhiteBlue

I believe that the Red Bulls would have taken pole with the options, considering how they went on in FP3. Webber evaluated the options in Q2 and they saw an opportunity to go a longer first stint.

Webber was having no problems to warm his primes and Vettel had huge problems with that. He made it by the skin of his teeth on his last lap from P5 to P3 and is on 0.05 s behind. That was the safety margin he had to apply for doing it on his last lap. Webber was using his tyres much more intelligently than Vettel. Experience counts for something here.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

donskar
donskar

@ zgred:
He can not arrive to pit... they need sample of fuel for FIA and there is not enough to return.
Interesting. I suppose there ought to be few drops in the system somewhere? . . .

NO, I don't think McL is cheating, but this is an interesting point, and not just being picky.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Fil

Hands down best quali of the year. And with split strategies, sets up a fascinating race too.

You know, this is what so many wished for the tyre situation to always be - tyres that are guaranteed not to last the whole race. Bridgestone has finally forced (allowed?) teams to get create with strategy! =D>
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ISLAMATRON

I think it was a mistake for McLaren to go for the options in Q3, I think Lewis could have gotten the pole even on the Primes, but now he may have to pit really early if they wear out quickly... and even if there is a safety car he will be stuck in traffic.

Anyone have an idea as to what strategy they are trying to race?

ringo

Redbull were faster on the primes than on the soft.
That was a monster quailfying from The BOSS, completely monstrous.
A classic scene to put down in F1 history, riding home on his chariot. =D>

Best qualy of the year, by far, a nice fight with Alonso, Webber, Vettel, and even Luizi got a piece.
It took so many tries for the other teams to breach hamilton's P1. The tension increased as the redbull's went around, burning fuel and warming tyres, ready to snatch pole.
Great strategy by redbull, it was a bold move, i guess they knew how many laps it took to get heat into the primes.

Well, first non readbull pole and i am not surprised who did it, and it wasn't as easy as i thought it would be for the Mclaren. They have a helluva race tommorow with the other top 10 cars.
For Sure!!

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

interesting change of strategy from mclaren, i guess they are gambling on a safety car early in the race...So i guess even with the F-duct they still arn't quicker that the redbull on a low downforce track.

good to see Webber out qual Vettel once again =D>

going to be and interesting and eventful race :D

WhiteBlue

Rosberg said that the Merc doesn't get the tyres to work, which applied to both tyres. He got it wrong just as the Schumacher did. He predicted that the options will fall apart.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ringo

WhiteBlue wrote:I believe that the Red Bulls would have taken pole with the options, considering how they went on in FP3. Webber evaluated the options in Q2 and they saw an opportunity to go a longer first stint.

Webber was having no problems to warm his primes and Vettel had huge problems with that. He made it by the skin of his teeth on his last lap from P5 to P3 and is on 0.05 s behind. That was the safety margin he had to apply for doing it on his last lap. Webber was using his tyres much more intelligently than Vettel. Experience counts for something here.
Why so many excuses for Vettel? :mrgreen:
He uncharacteristically messed up a very good lap, he simply was not better than Webber in Q3. Speed is everything, but he didn't hold his composure for all the laps he was on the primes.

P3 was the best he could do today, i didn't think he would get it together, but he did and has a good opportunity tomorrow.
For Sure!!

zgred

donskar wrote:@ zgred:
He can not arrive to pit... they need sample of fuel for FIA and there is not enough to return.
Interesting. I suppose there ought to be few drops in the system somewhere? . . .

NO, I don't think McL is cheating, but this is an interesting point, and not just being picky.
Rai commentator said that they need approximately 3 litres in case of the FIA test.

myurr
myurr

Mysticf1 wrote:interesting change of strategy from mclaren, i guess they are gambling on a safety car early in the race...So i guess even with the F-duct they still arn't quicker that the redbull on a low downforce track.

good to see Webber out qual Vettel once again =D>

going to be and interesting and eventful race :D
Could be because this isn't really a low downforce track any more. Because of the slippery nature of the track most of the teams are running a higher downforce setup which plays to Red Bulls strengths as they were going to have to go down that route regardless.