Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zenithbeach

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

n smikle wrote: I only want to see the standing at the end of the season.
so i guess you wont mind keeping the "boss" comments to yourself till the end of the season? :) i mean, till he actually proves worthy of such a nickname? :)

zenithbeach

Ray wrote:If anyone else had run out of fuel you guys would have been badmouthing them. Amazing.
i actually think its pretty embarrassing! but whats the point

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Ray

Don't get me wrong, I think it was awesome to see him just blow everyone away with that lap, but the usual emotional responses come out and show the real biased folks around here. Had Mark done that, alot would be boohooing about how he needed to do that to beat <insert drivers here> or how that anyone other than Lewis was cheating or some other stupid reason. It's getting really lame to hear stuff like this other than rational responses to great performances.

zenithbeach

im quite new here so i dont know the drill yet lol

but the article above is interesting. i was wondering whether it would have any consequences for mclaren/lewis but i guess we'll have to wait and see :)

Richard
Richard

That was an awesome lap by Hamilton, even with an extra one lap of fuel he woud have been 2/10 ahead.

However, considering Virgin had a 5 place penalty a couple of race ago for notifying their gear rations a little late, I can't believe the FIA won't impose the same on Hamilton.

ringo

komninosm wrote:
ringo wrote:Redbull were faster on the primes than on the soft.
Maybe they weren't pushing 100% in Q2 though, right? That could be part of the reason, no?
I dont think so, at least not the way it looked to me.
Looking on the sector times for all cars and how hard vettel was pushing in both sessions, i'd say Hamilton did a better overall job, look where his teammate is.
Montreal is to Hamilton like Turkey is to Massa.
For Sure!!

PlatinumZealot

richard_leeds wrote:That was an awesome lap by Hamilton, even with an extra one lap of fuel he woud have been 2/10 ahead.

However, considering Virgin had a 5 place penalty a couple of race ago for notifying their gear rations a little late, I can't believe the FIA won't impose the same on Hamilton.
Clutching at straws? LOL What did Mclaren do wrong? I'm sure the FIA got their sample. He could have beached it right after the finish line if he wanted.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think it was awesome to see him just blow everyone away with that lap, but the usual emotional responses come out and show the real biased folks around here. Had Mark done that, alot would be boohooing about how he needed to do that to beat <insert drivers here> or how that anyone other than Lewis was cheating or some other stupid reason. It's getting really lame to hear stuff like this other than rational responses to great performances.
Ray, you are always more than welcome to not come to the site so you dont have to endure the endless praise given to Hamilton for a job well done.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

€10000 fine for Hamilton for not getting back to the pits fast enough after he ran out of fuel.

ringo

zenithbeach wrote:
Ray wrote:If anyone else had run out of fuel you guys would have been badmouthing them. Amazing.
i actually think its pretty embarrassing! but whats the point
It looked cool and you know it!

The spectators enjoyed it. Coasting down, taking in it all in, waving to fans. Patting down the reliable and powerful Mercedes power plant. Picturesque finish and nice marketing gimmick for Mercedes engines.

Hami haters don't like to see the BOSS shine. They wish it were their driver perched up on the side pod looking all heroic waving to the fans.
:lol:
For Sure!!

Saribro
Saribro

n smikle wrote:LOL What did Mclaren do wrong?
Read raymondu's link, there may actually be grounds for a penalty.

xpensive
xpensive

ESPImperium wrote:€10000 fine for Hamilton for not getting back to the pits fast enough after he ran out of fuel.
Right, that's like a hundred bucks to you and me...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

ringo

Saribro wrote:
n smikle wrote:LOL What did Mclaren do wrong?
Read raymondu's link, there may actually be grounds for a penalty.
You are thirsty for a penalty aren't you? :roll:

I don't think that applies to Lewis' situation.
For Sure!!

Richard
Richard

n smikle wrote:Clutching at straws? LOL What did Mclaren do wrong? I'm sure the FIA got their sample. He could have beached it right after the finish line if he wanted.
LOL - You think I'm that biased?

Strange, I was jumping up and down with delight when he snatched pole. Just as I do every time driver storms through like that. I support the sport, not a team or driver.