Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lebesset
lebesset

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

vettel clearly said that on this occasion there is little difference between the 2 sides of the track
the track hasn't been used for 2 years , some surface is new , it keeps raining overnight and washing away what is deposited

normally you do better to qualify 3rd rather than second , which surely has got to be wrong
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

feynman
feynman

Someone should grab Whitmarsh before he leaves the paddock, betcha they find a siphon tube down his trouser-leg :P

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

xpensive wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:€10000 fine for Hamilton for not getting back to the pits fast enough after he ran out of fuel.
Right, that's like a hundred bucks to you and me...
True, but he was also repremanded, whitch means that he will probably have to watch himself for the next 2 GP at least.

ISLAMATRON

lebesset wrote:vettel clearly said that on this occasion there is little difference between the 2 sides of the track
the track hasn't been used for 2 years , some surface is new , it keeps raining overnight and washing away what is deposited

normally you do better to qualify 3rd rather than second , which surely has got to be wrong
plus the preferred race line in pretty much diagonally across the start grid

zenithbeach

ringo wrote: It looked cool and you know it!
actually, it looked.. priceless!

but for all the wrong reasons :D

zenithbeach

ESPImperium wrote:
True, but he was also repremanded, whitch means that he will probably have to watch himself for the next 2 GP at least.
can someone please enlighten me how the whole reprimand thing works? cos this is his second one this year right? how many are they allowed to get and for how long do they last?

cos i have a feeling its just bullsh*t.. or has a driver actually ever got a penalty after being previously reprimanded? :S

dannyteasdale
dannyteasdale

zenithbeach wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
can someone please enlighten me how the whole reprimand thing works? cos this is his second one this year right? how many are they allowed to get and for how long do they last?

cos i have a feeling its just bullsh*t.. or has a driver actually ever got a penalty after being previously reprimanded? :S
Its the 3rd I think, But im certain the reprimand has to be the same reprimand to be penalised.

PlatinumZealot

I agree, you have to reprimanded for the same thing more than once before you get penalised for it. I don't think Hamilton did any wrong to be reprimanded this time though (even though he was?). Maybe for pushing the car while it's on track?

I think the penalty is fair though, the rule only states that the car has to back in the pits before a certain time has passed and that the FIA get's the fuel sample. The former rule was broken but it didn't affect the qualifying in any way, so I think the penalty is fair.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

komninosm
komninosm

zenithbeach wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:

I got a question. Do the rules that he broke state what penalties drivers should get?

WhiteBlue

I think that Emerson Fittipaldi is doing a great job like most ex drivers (disregarding Hill's dismal show). To demote Hamilton for the team screw up would be rather sad. On the other hand the teams know by the reprimand that they cannot systematically under fuel their cars and get away with it.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Ray

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Ray wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think it was awesome to see him just blow everyone away with that lap, but the usual emotional responses come out and show the real biased folks around here. Had Mark done that, alot would be boohooing about how he needed to do that to beat <insert drivers here> or how that anyone other than Lewis was cheating or some other stupid reason. It's getting really lame to hear stuff like this other than rational responses to great performances.
Ray, you are always more than welcome to not come to the site so you dont have to endure the endless praise given to Hamilton for a job well done.
Would you heap the same praise upon Jenson for doing something like this? No you wouldn't. And you haven't. You and others have said that the fact that Jenson has more wins and4 more points than his teammate have been due to wins that weren't really wins because he won on strategy. You constantly point fingers of racism and bias and you are just as guilty. It was a great performance from Lewis, that's not an argument it's fact. But you and other don't, haven't, and will not heap the praise on Jenson for the same thing is just plain lame. You're just as biased as the people you point fingers at.

MattF1
MattF1

WhiteBlue wrote:...
To demote Hamilton for the team screw up would be rather sad. On the other hand the teams know by the reprimand that they cannot systematically under fuel their cars and get away with it.
Exactly my thoughts.

Richard
Richard

MattF1 wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:...
To demote Hamilton for the team screw up would be rather sad. On the other hand the teams know by the reprimand that they cannot systematically under fuel their cars and get away with it.
Exactly my thoughts.
Yup, its been a revelation this season with respect to driver error.

I thought they were going to be tougher on this one like they were for Virgin a couple of races ago.

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:Would you heap the same praise upon Jenson for doing something like this? No you wouldn't. And you haven't. You and others have said that the fact that Jenson has more wins and4 more points than his teammate have been due to wins that weren't really wins because he won on strategy. You constantly point fingers of racism and bias and you are just as guilty. It was a great performance from Lewis, that's not an argument it's fact. But you and other don't, haven't, and will not heap the praise on Jenson for the same thing is just plain lame. You're just as biased as the people you point fingers at.
Something like what? The Pole or the car riding/pushing? If Jenson got the pole on merit I would have no problem acknowledging his accomplishment, just as I have no problem admitting that Hamilton's pole today may not be truely a great performance(as you put it)seeing as he was on the softer tires... but Hamilton once again destroyed his teammate in qualifying.

Jenson's wins were luck, Hamilton's domination over Jenson is not luck at all. Jenson does not get the praise because he does not deserve it, when he starts beating Lewis on track he will be praised... Jenson is a better weatherman than he is a racecar driver.

donskar
donskar

n smikle wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Seeing Lewis sit on his car like a cabrio and just trundle down the road somehow reminded me of Mansell carrying Senna home on the car. Or it could've been the other way around.
That was a LEGNDARY scene right there, Hamilton riding on his silver steed. Timeless way to top of the pole position!

.. Hamilton is the BOSS!! Only he alone can take the redbulls.
Ho-hum: usual fanboy / manlove
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill