Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

myurr wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:Vettel was short on fuel. He stopped on track.
Was that the reason he stopped - not seen any info on BBC coverage. If not explicitly for fuel then he could also have stopped to preserve a component like the engine or gearbox.

Horner said gearbox and some pressure. So fuel was a wrong assumption.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 13 Jun 2010, 19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

aussiefan
aussiefan

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by aussiefan on 13 Jun 2010, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.

myurr
myurr

WhiteBlue wrote:McLaren had the better tyre strategy.
Schumacher over agressive. That fight with Kubica cost him a lot of points.
Agree, very bad drive by Michael today. Must surely pick up some kind of penalty.

Would expect Kubica to get a penalty as well. That swerve round Sutil was really dangerous, and I think he actually clipped Sutil giving him that puncture a corner or two later. Again no one picked up on that as a possible reason on the BBC so that's just a hunch at the mo.

megz

Vettel: "Sooo.... what's the fastest lap?"

Race engineer: "Don't even think about it, we're managing a problem. You're doing just what you need to do, short shift, take it easy."

xD

Great race from McLaren, well deserved win given that Red Bull looked to be more on it than many people thought. Pity Webber held out so long on his tyres he could have got a touch more perhaps had he pitted when he had the 11 sec lead of Hamilton.

Schumacher up to no good in the closing stages alot of wheel banging defence Good job from the Force Indias, Liuzzi especially coming back after the rumblings around his performance of late. Great job from Buemi to take 8th.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Merc got the tyres completely wrong. They were on the softs for far too long.

manchild
manchild

andrew wrote:I think someone needs to have words with Luizi.
How about taking off fun blinding glasses for a sec?

Shumacher did so much wrong to several other drivers today that he deserves really big penalty. He was slow, lost and frustrated. After he gain unfair advantage by cutting corner, he was supposed top let Liuzzi pass by and he didn't but even kept fighting to keep that position.

He should either learn to drive in the midfield or leave F1.

komninosm
komninosm

Why?

andrew
andrew

Here we go! :wtf:

He squandered a perfect chance to get a good haul of points for Force India. Youthful exuberance I guess.

megz

^ Why? because it's really hard to spell his last name ;)

Poleman

manchild wrote: How about taking off fun blinding glasses for a sec?

Shumacher did so much wrong to several other drivers today that he deserves really big penalty. He was slow, lost and frustrated. After he gain unfair advantage by cutting corner, he was supposed top let Liuzzi pass by and he didn't but even kept fighting to keep that position.

He should either learn to drive in the midfield or leave F1.
+1 Manchild =D>
Sad to see these kind of comments from someone that actually points to others being fan biased. [-X
Last edited by Poleman on 13 Jun 2010, 20:05, edited 3 times in total.

freedom_honda

Michael drove like a complete rookie today. Let alone his lack of speed, but the number of times he skipped the final chicane, pushed people off the track, cheeky defending moves, one of his worst race I must say.
Last edited by freedom_honda on 13 Jun 2010, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.

Miguel
Miguel

Great race, horrible traffic.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

dumrick
dumrick

ecapox wrote:that was kinda bogus of Schumacher. [-X
Come'on, that's the 2010 trend on F1 manouvers. It's called the German Braking Flick, is (so far) only used by German drivers. First high profile use by Vettel on Webber in Turkey, now in Canada by Hulkenberg and Schumacher.

Fashionistas say the German Braking Flick is the new Late Braking :D

komninosm
komninosm

ecapox wrote:
andrew wrote:Nothing said about Alonso v Hamilton in the pitlane. McLaren must have got away with it.

Just seen a close up of Webbers rear tyres (lap 45/70). They are pretty chewed up.
Yep. You get reprimanded for something a few races earlier and i guess that means you can do it again without incident.

Webber should have pitted a LONG time ago when his gap was 11 sec. He would have been in 5 position. Now he will drop further.
Again there is no rule against that. It has happened many times before in previous years (do I need to post links again?) and never caused much incident except when the ass-hat Vettel tried to push Hamilton into the garage. Alonso behaved properly and lo and behold no incident.

I found this race too crazy on the whole, so many tire changes at the start, I was expecting 3 pit stops and got only 2. I guess that last long stint was done in tire saving mode and the track had more rubber on it by then so it was possible...

andrew
andrew

Poleman wrote:Sad to see these kind of comments from someone that actually points to others being fan biased. [-X
This has nothing to do with bias as I am a Force India fan. I am expressing my disappointment at a wasted opportunity by Liuzzi.