Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
WhiteBlue

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

So after F1 it is Germany vs. Australia 1:0 :lol:
off we go to the football.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:Here we go! :wtf:

He squandered a perfect chance to get a good haul of points for Force India. Youthful exuberance I guess.
:? :wtf:

freedom_honda

andrew wrote:
Poleman wrote:Sad to see these kind of comments from someone that actually points to others being fan biased. [-X
This has nothing to do with bias as I am a Force India fan. I am expressing my disappointment at a wasted opportunity by Liuzzi.
I don't think Liuzzi did anything wrong today to be completely honest. He didn't run into Massa at T1 (it was a racing accident, massa a bit optimistic), managed to overtake Schumi despite Schumi's dirty defending moves, and still managed to score more points than Sutil despite the first corner accident which sent him to the back. Frankly I think he drove brilliantly today.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote:Again there is no rule against that. It has happened many times before in previous years (do I need to post links again?) and never caused much incident except when the ass-hat Vettel tried to push Hamilton into the garage. Alonso behaved properly and lo and behold no incident.

I found this race too crazy on the whole, so many tire changes at the start, I was expecting 3 pit stops and got only 2. I guess that last long stint was done in tire saving mode and the track had more rubber on it by then so it was possible...
I guess it could be classed as an unsafe release by McLaren. Time will tell if anything happens I guess, but as you point out there was no contact and no harm done. No doubt Ferrari will be on the phone to Charlie Whiting as we write these comments - it's the only way they can win these days.

Poleman

andrew wrote:
Poleman wrote:Sad to see these kind of comments from someone that actually points to others being fan biased. [-X
This has nothing to do with bias as I am a Force India fan. I am expressing my disappointment at a wasted opportunity by Liuzzi.
What wasted opportunity :? Thats racing...Both FI's in the top 10 #-o At least they should be happy...

siskue2005

What is this all about Schumy hopelessly slow? :?
FFS he drove 30 laps on soft tyres and the strategy from Brawn was really stupid

MS was fantastic on the start, got to 8th, and reached 3rd after others pitstop
and Kubica and him ran wide (no where for MS to go) ...which damaged his car and gone backwards
and then 30 laps on Soft and he was going backwards and backwards
:( ...really unlucky for him :(

andrew
andrew

Poleman wrote:
andrew wrote:
What wasted opportunity :? Thats racing...Both FI's in the top 10 #-o At least they should be happy...
I guess so, but I reckon a podium or 4th was on the cards.

Fil

well i questioned before the race why teams didn't split their strategies.. and Red Bull ended up doing so. Problem is they chose the 2 worst strategies.. and split them between their drivers. #-o

Michelin, Pirelli.. please take note of this race. This is what we should expect of tyre performance next season EVERY race.
Just awesome seeing the teams & drivers so bamboozled for strategy! =D>
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Poleman

andrew wrote: I guess so, but I reckon a podium or 4th was on the cards.

Maybe...we'll never know.Eitherway that was quite a nice result for them still =D> =D>
Last edited by Poleman on 13 Jun 2010, 20:15, edited 2 times in total.

dumrick
dumrick

thestig84 wrote:Vettel showed his immaturity today. Radio asking who do I need to pass to win? and what the fastest lap is when nursing the car home are pretty embarrassing really!
Yeah, it was painful to hear him asking about the fastest lap. Either the kid matures a lot or will be another very quick also ran.

siskue2005

And why is Schumy's incident under investigation??
Coz its Schumy?

Then why didnt the stewards investigate Webber's move on Lewis at Australia
and why wasnt Luizzi investigated for his stupid move on the race start?
and why wast there any investigation for unsafe release by Mclaren?
[-X

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:
Didn't both Force India cars pass Schumacher by the end and get points? What opportunity was wasted? :wtf:

andrew
andrew

Read my post above. They could have been higher.

ringo

Good race from Alonso and Buemi.
Buemi was leading the race at one point and also did a briliant pass on shumacher.

Hamilton did well to manage the gap to his teammate this time. Responding well and saving his tyres. Dispelling all myths about tyre care.
His passes on Alonso and webber? were also very good.

Button raced calculated as usual, not the fastest, but knows when to speed up and when to slow down. I wanted to see a longer fight with the ferrari, but by the time Alonso was passed, his tyres were done for. So he had no choice but to hold on to third.

What was suprising, was how much faste Webber was than Vettel. Vettel was not able to even catch Button, while Webber was flying off, chipping 0.5s a lap on Hamilton.
This is after Vettel was on softs.

All in all good and too many highlights to mention for this 70 battle.
For Sure!!

ringo

siskue2005 wrote:And why is Schumy's incident under investigation??
Coz its Schumy?

Then why didnt the stewards investigate Webber's move on Lewis at Australia
and why wasnt Luizzi investigated for his stupid move on the race start?
and why wast there any investigation for unsafe release by Mclaren?
[-X
shumacher was the most dangerous driver out there by a long shot. Him and Hulkenberg.
For Sure!!