Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
komninosm
komninosm

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

andrew wrote:
Poleman wrote:
andrew wrote:This has nothing to do with bias as I am a Force India fan. I am expressing my disappointment at a wasted opportunity by Liuzzi.
What wasted opportunity :? Thats racing...Both FI's in the top 10 #-o At least they should be happy...
I guess so, but I reckon a podium or 4th was on the cards.
No way. Not unless McLaren and Red Bull crashed at least 2 cars. Alonso was pretty much out of their reach. I doubt they could pass Rosberg, Kubica or a normal Schumacher (with a good strategy). Only Buemi seems a reasonable target. Not to mention that Massa was also much faster than them.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

I'm wondering about Mercedes "strategy" today, very good start+ first laps by Schumacher, then he pits early on primes for primes while he was 3(!), then after 1 lap he pits again for primes and in the end he has to drive 30 laps on option tyres :wtf: WTF were they thinking? They had to use the same strategy as Kubica did...
Last edited by Ganxxta on 13 Jun 2010, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:Read my post above. They could have been higher.
Sorry, I just realised you meant the incident with Massa at the start of the race and not Schumacher at the end. Yeah, if it was me in Luizzi's shoes, I'd break sooner in the first corner. Not sure if it was penalty-worthy though.

vall
vall

excellent race! McLaren got the tire strategy right, while RB messed it badly. Alonso drove very good race, but was very unlucky with the traffic at critical moments.

Anyone else also thinks Schummy should go to permanent retirement :D

siskue2005

ringo wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:And why is Schumy's incident under investigation??
Coz its Schumy?

Then why didnt the stewards investigate Webber's move on Lewis at Australia
and why wasnt Luizzi investigated for his stupid move on the race start?
and why wast there any investigation for unsafe release by Mclaren?
[-X
shumacher was the most dangerous driver out there by a long shot. Him and Hulkenberg.
So kubica was a saint? :?

komninosm
komninosm

Ganxxta wrote:I'm wondering about Mercedes "strategy" today, very good start+ first laps by Schumacher, then he pits early on primes for primes while he was 3(!), then after 1 lap he pits again for primes and in the end he has to drive 30 laps on option tyres :wtf: WTF were they thinking? They had to use the same strategy as Kubica did...
Well that pit stop was not planned after he and Kubica went off track.

feynman
feynman

... meanwhile, in a Kensington basement flat, Mosley consoles himself with a single hard-boiled egg for supper.

komninosm
komninosm

vall wrote:excellent race! McLaren got the tire strategy right, while RB messed it badly. Alonso drove very good race, but was very unlucky with the traffic at critical moments.

Anyone else also thinks Schummy should go to permanent retirement :D
No it's so much fun to have him around like this :lol:

I doubt McLaren strategy was much better than Webber's. I don't think soft-hard-hard was better than hard-hard-soft (or hard-soft-hard). I think it came down to whole car performance. Nobody got stuck in traffic.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

feynman wrote:... meanwhile, in a Kensington basement flat, Mosley consoles himself with a single hard-boiled egg for supper.
I was getting worried when I got to the comma! :lol:

Ray

Coz its Schumy?

[-X
Because not only is he the world's worst and most public cheater, he can't even allow himself to be passed cleanly. He's a dirty cheat, and a dirty driver. He cut a few people off today, and that's been going on his entire career.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

komninosm wrote: Well that pit stop was not planned after he and Kubica went off track.
But in this one lap he was still faster than Kubica as far as I remember, so actually no reason for an extra stop or had he damaged his frontwing like Kubica did and I missed it?

Edit: Ok I missed it, he had a puncture after the incident with Kubica
Last edited by Ganxxta on 13 Jun 2010, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Ray wrote:
Coz its Schumy?

[-X
Because not only is he the world's worst and most public cheater, he can't even allow himself to be passed cleanly. He's a dirty cheat, and a dirty driver. He cut a few people off today, and that's been going on his entire career.
It's called being firm but fair. I don't recall any cheating by Schumacher, ever.

WhiteBlue

siskue2005 wrote:What is this all about Schumy hopelessly slow? :?
FFS he drove 30 laps on soft tyres and the strategy from Brawn was really stupid

MS was fantastic on the start, got to 8th, and reached 3rd after others pitstop
and Kubica and him ran wide (no where for MS to go) ...which damaged his car and gone backwards
and then 30 laps on Soft and he was going backwards and backwards
:( ...really unlucky for him :(
He was impatient and should have yielded to Kubica's strong arm tactics there. The puncture really cost him the race. Later the frustration made him fight too hard with Massa. Massa had no place to go really. Schumacher should have left him half a meter more room.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ringo

WhiteBlue wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:What is this all about Schumy hopelessly slow? :?
FFS he drove 30 laps on soft tyres and the strategy from Brawn was really stupid

MS was fantastic on the start, got to 8th, and reached 3rd after others pitstop
and Kubica and him ran wide (no where for MS to go) ...which damaged his car and gone backwards
and then 30 laps on Soft and he was going backwards and backwards
:( ...really unlucky for him :(
He was impatient and should have yielded to Kubica's strong arm tactics there. The puncture really cost him the race. Later the frustration made him fight too hard with Massa. Massa had no place to go really. Schumacher should have left him half a meter more room.
Yes i agree, it was not necessary to keep Massa behind. Shu had the position.
Unless his intention was to get rid of the threat from Massa for the rest of the race, because of the state of the W01.
He played it smart to get Massa out of the race.
He is the dirtiest player in the game, and he proves it every race. I like his cheating style by the way. Adds more to the race.
For Sure!!

Vasco

WhiteBlue wrote:So after F1 it is Germany vs. Australia 1:0 :lol:
off we go to the football.
Hehehe...there's no contest there.

Really good drives by the top 3. I really like the way Lewis set the fastest lap, just as soon as Button and Alonso were closing in on him. That was more like a statement to JB.