Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
thestig84
thestig84

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
It didnt take long for Webber to pull a 11.8 second gap to LH because he had to pull a 18second gap. Mclaren were just managing the gap to under that as they knew Webber had to stop again. Notice how to gap didnt grow any larger. Mclaren had to manage the tyres till the end of the race, Webber was trying his hardest to build a pit stop gap but couldnt.

Vettel was never saving tyres as he had a problem so there goes any comparisons using Vettel.

I will eagerly await your damming evidence of their advantage!

WhiteBlue

CMSMJ1 wrote:I thought WB was slightly anal..but a Jock version would be the death knell for this place.
I don't know what you are talking about. Can I have a hint why you think I'm anal. You probably mixed me up with andrew. :lol:
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 13 Jun 2010, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zgred

No action taken over Schumacher/Massa incident
The Stewards after hearing the explanation of both the Competitors representatives and the drivers decided that the incident requires no further action
Not that I agree but maybe there is some balance there :)

zgred

I have found DP useful :)

Kubica and Alguersuari receive reprimands
gpupdate.net wrote: Kubica's reprimand relates to his 'dangerous entry to the pit' at half distance, which saw him pass Adrian Sutil's Force India before cutting across under braking for the final chicane in order to enter the pit lane.

Alguersuari's sentence is the result of an incident with Rubens Barrichello's Williams which was not shown on FOM's official world television feed during the race.
Last edited by zgred on 13 Jun 2010, 22:54, edited 2 times in total.

zenithbeach

WhiteBlue wrote:
CMSMJ1 wrote:I thought WB was slightly anal..but a Jock version would be the death knell for this place.
I don't know what you are talking about. Can I have a hint why you think I'm anal.

lol that sounds wrong on so many levels :D

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:
Ray wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:And why is Schumy's incident under investigation??
Coz its Schumy?

Then why didnt the stewards investigate Webber's move on Lewis at Australia
and why wasnt Luizzi investigated for his stupid move on the race start?
and why wast there any investigation for unsafe release by Mclaren?
[-X
Because not only is he the world's worst and most public cheater, he can't even allow himself to be passed cleanly. He's a dirty cheat, and a dirty driver. He cut a few people off today, and that's been going on his entire career.
It's called being firm but fair. I don't recall any cheating by Schumacher, ever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zenithbeach

Mark Webber
I wanted to get some champagne today, it didn’t happen, but we’ll be back.

:lol: bless him!

sounds a bit like the terminator though lol

Richard
Richard

thestig84 wrote:It didnt take long for Webber to pull a 11.8 second gap to LH because he had to pull a 18second gap. Mclaren were just managing the gap to under that as they knew Webber had to stop again. Notice how to gap didnt grow any larger. Mclaren had to manage the tyres till the end of the race, Webber was trying his hardest to build a pit stop gap but couldnt.
That was a critical phase. The others were managing the race, yet they were able to set several fastest laps when required.

Paul Oz

gilgen wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
gilgen wrote: And what are Ferrari complaining about?? Hamiltons unsafe release, and racing Alonso down the pit lane
Alonso stated that he did not see a problem with the pitlane incident.
Thats only because Alonso won the race! It was still an unsafe release, and will be looked at by the stewards.
How can it be an unsafe release - we had this discussion a few weeks ago when practically the same; Alonso wasnt in the pitlane when ham was released! Yes he was moving, but not in the pitlane.

TheRMVR

ringo wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:Ah I felt so bad for Alonso today. He should've and probably would've won. He was really pushing and I have to say Ferrari looked so much better than in Turkey.

What about DiGrassi then, he ruined Alonso's race. Alonso looked quite unhappy on the podium. He knew he could've won this one, like in Monaco. He's had some bad luck.
No the ferrari was slowing, he could not have won. He put up a good fight, but if you look back at when he was behind Button, he went from 0.4s gap to over 2s.
The ferrari was dying of tyre wear.
He did very good to keep 2nd place so long. He could have held on to second, but first was not possible, looking on how easy hamilton dropped a fastest lap.
Are you sure you've seen the incident. Hamilton pitted for his 2nd stop with Alonso about half a second behind him. With Hamilton out of his way Alonso then did 2 or 3 (not sure) laps, both fastest laps of all, at the time. Pit stop was fine, so he should've come in front of Hamilton to lead the race. DiGrassi had blue flags all over him but clearly destroyed another quick lap of Alonso. I had the live timing in front of me. Just watch the replay of the incident. He lost the race right there.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

WhiteBlue wrote:
I don't know what you are talking about. Can I have a hint why you think I'm anal. You probably mixed me up with andrew. :lol:
I don't think they know what it means. I mearly asked for an offensive comment to be removed. That is not anal. It is wanting to keep offensive comments away from the threads.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

komninosm wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instead of posting little smiley faces, try some discusion.

I stand by my comment, I don't recall any cheating.

Paul Oz

gilgen wrote:
ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
Interesting that Vettel wanted to go for fastest lap, but was told not to. There appears to have been some problem with the car that had to be "managed" and led to Vettel stopping after crossing the line. Anybody with any news??
Gearbox he said in one post race interview.

komninosm
komninosm

richard_leeds wrote:
The real picture is really hard to judge. The tyres were so different in performance, lap times varied with traffic, Webber had an empty track with his softs compared to others on a full tank.

Anyway, will be nice to see the numbers. I hope you are able to make post an analysis soon.
Why was Webber so slow on his last laps? Was it to avoid having to pass Vettel?

komninosm
komninosm

Poleman wrote:
gilgen wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Alonso stated that he did not see a problem with the pitlane incident.
Thats only because Alonso won the race! It was still an unsafe release, and will be looked at by the stewards.
Huh? :wtf: Have you watched another race maybe? :?
Obviously since Alonso didn't win and it's not looked at by the stewards...