Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ringo

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

TheRMVR wrote:
ringo wrote:
TheRMVR wrote:Ah I felt so bad for Alonso today. He should've and probably would've won. He was really pushing and I have to say Ferrari looked so much better than in Turkey.

What about DiGrassi then, he ruined Alonso's race. Alonso looked quite unhappy on the podium. He knew he could've won this one, like in Monaco. He's had some bad luck.
No the ferrari was slowing, he could not have won. He put up a good fight, but if you look back at when he was behind Button, he went from 0.4s gap to over 2s.
The ferrari was dying of tyre wear.
He did very good to keep 2nd place so long. He could have held on to second, but first was not possible, looking on how easy hamilton dropped a fastest lap.
Are you sure you've seen the incident. Hamilton pitted for his 2nd stop with Alonso about half a second behind him. With Hamilton out of his way Alonso then did 2 or 3 (not sure) laps, both fastest laps of all, at the time. Pit stop was fine, so he should've come in front of Hamilton to lead the race. DiGrassi had blue flags all over him but clearly destroyed another quick lap of Alonso. I had the live timing in front of me. Just watch the replay of the incident. He lost the race right there.
Alonso was fast, very fast, but for how long?
To Alonso's defense his car was slowing. To say it wasn't would mean Alonso was nodding off and he wasn't.
The ferrari was very twitchy deep down into the last stint.
For Sure!!

komninosm
komninosm

richard_leeds wrote:
ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
The real picture is really hard to judge. The tyres were so different in performance, lap times varied with traffic, Webber had an empty track with his softs compared to others on a full tank.

Anyway, will be nice to see the numbers. I hope you are able to make post an analysis soon.
I don't think the numbers can be much help to understanding who was faster (other than Kubica doing the fastest lap). We can't know how much each driver was pushing his car or conserving tires at each point of their race. All I can say was that all drivers were very inconsistent in their lap times, with ups and downs lap after lap instead of any normal lapping time trend showing.

hollus

TheRMVR wrote: Are you sure you've seen the incident. Hamilton pitted for his 2nd stop with Alonso about half a second behind him. With Hamilton out of his way Alonso then did 2 or 3 (not sure) laps, both fastest laps of all, at the time. Pit stop was fine, so he should've come in front of Hamilton to lead the race. DiGrassi had blue flags all over him but clearly destroyed another quick lap of Alonso. I had the live timing in front of me. Just watch the replay of the incident. He lost the race right there.
Yup! Without the hindrance, at the very least Alonso would have been level to Hamilton exiting the pits. I also was surprised to find him behind. Whether Alonso could have won the race from there or not, we will never know, but surprisingly, he found the pace to challenge for the race without having to do it only by strategy. Quite a turnaround for a Ferrari that looked hopeless not so long ago.
Poor Alonso looked quite unhappy in the podium :-(
Rivals, not enemies.

ringo

andrew wrote:
komninosm wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Instead of posting little smiley faces, try some discusion.

I stand by my comment, I don't recall any cheating.
He wasn't cheating, but he was hooning! :mrgreen:

His driving is all good to me, but it is overly aggressive any how you look at it. Sometimes unnecessarily.
He is very hard to pass, i don't think he can be passed if his car is 100%, but he reinforces this questionably.
Last edited by ringo on 13 Jun 2010, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
For Sure!!

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

McLaren got a 1-2, and Ferrari were best of the rest which is the best position they could expect. Of course neither will complain about the unsafe release as it would not benift either team.

Inconsistent application of the rules it seems seeing as unsafe releases have attracted reprimands in previous races. This is why I think the race stewards should be the same for every race.

andrew
andrew

ringo wrote:
andrew wrote:
komninosm wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wasn't cheating, but he was hooning! :mrgreen:

His driving is all good to me, but it is overly aggressive any how you look at it. Sometimes necessarily.
He is very hard to pass, i don't think he can be passed if his car is 100%, but he reinforces this questionably.
I think the main problem is that Schumachers kind of firm but fair racing is classed as over aggressive in the modern sanitised form of F1 where passing is more often than not done in the pit stops.

komninosm
komninosm

andrew wrote:

:lol: you reminded me of
http://crooksandliars.com/2007/04/20/da ... l-gonzales
=D>

Paul Oz

andrew wrote:Inconsistent application of the rules it seems seeing as unsafe releases have attracted reprimands in previous races. This is why I think the race stewards should be the same for every race.
Isnt the marker for releasing based on where a car is in the pitlane? Webber wasnt actually in the pitlane when Lewis was released.....
This will always happen whenever RB follow mclaren into the pits - because RB stop first, so will always get moving again first.

Shaddock

andrew wrote:

When you make statements like those above, you have to expect scorn to be poured all over them. Unfortunately any further opinion you express tends to lose it’s merit and is tainted by your ill judged and ignorant belief that MS has not cheated.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jcHrHUJdu0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgfuoSFe ... re=related[/youtube]

On both occasions the FIA/stewards found against MS.

andrew
andrew

Shaddock wrote:When you make statements like those above, you have to expect scorn to be poured all over them. Unfortunately any further opinion you express tends to lose it’s merit and is tainted by your ill judged and ignorant belief that MS has not cheated.
Of course I expect scourn when one does not go for the popular opinion. Schumacher is an easy target and any defence is bound to attract pathetic cheap shots.

CMSMJ1
CMSMJ1

Off Topic

MS was DQ from the 1997 for what? Knitting? Dancing? Drinking?

Back on topic, case rests.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

andrew wrote: Schumacher is an easy target and any defence is bound to attract pathetic cheap shots.
Pathetic cheap shots are driving into the side of your only title competitor (not once, but twice!), parking your car so as to prevent your title competitor from completing his qualifying lap. Using illegal systems on cars is also pretty cheap. TC on the Benetton anyone...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

deus1066
deus1066

There was a thread posted about predictions for this years championship based on a list of questions. So far I'm looking quite good with my predictions that Schumacher wouldn't win a race, and the surprise of the year would be that he's not as good as everyone thought.

Still, plenty more races to go for me to be proved wrong, which I usually am!

ringo

richard_leeds wrote:
ringo wrote:When the data comes out i can show you the real pace of the redbull. It's quite monstrous. It didn't take much laps for webber to pull out an 11.8 second gap to Hamilton.
The redbull only seemed slower becuase of the tyre situation. The rears dont wear evenly with the fronts.
Vettel made the redbull seem slow, he was 0.4 behind Button for a good while then dropped back to 5.4 seconds. He was saving tyres and was still holding his gap, when he pushed he easliy did fastest laps, up to 2 seconds faster than anyone else.
And I am a Mclaren and ferrari fan, so i haven't drank the redbull cool aid or have on the sliver and blur checkered shades.
The real picture is really hard to judge. The tyres were so different in performance, lap times varied with traffic, Webber had an empty track with his softs compared to others on a full tank.

Anyway, will be nice to see the numbers. I hope you are able to make post an analysis soon.
The interesting thing too, is that Webber was monitoring his gap to Lewis. Remember he want to pull out 20s, but at the same time he wanted the primes to go furhter. If he got 20s gap and the primes were finished too early, he would have to be on softs for too long. It was a hard act to balance.
So yes i still think the redbull had the pace over the Mclaren. I don't think Lewis was going easy when he was following webber either.
For Sure!!