Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
feynman
feynman

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

richard_leeds wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:Here is a side note, this was a first ALL champion podium since 1991 :D
Thanks, its great to have such a range of talent in cars with WDC potential. The return of real competition!

Would be nice to see the last 3 consecutive champions, but that would need Kimi :(
Hamilton/Button/Alonso versus 1991 Senna/Prost/Piquet.

Well we know Hamilton wants to be Senna, Button has been playing up the Prost thing all winter, so I guess that means Alonso must be Piquet.

And if Alonso is Piquet fighting a team mate and letting a rival take the championship, then that means Hamilton is actually Mansell, so that means that Raikkonen was actually Prost all along.

It's all so confusing.

Giblet
Giblet

Hey everyone.

To John and Jon, no big deal we never got to hook up, I was only half expecting it to be successful. Montreal pulled my in about 10 different directions, and all were good. I hope you guys had a good time as well.

I will be posting a link to my pics and a few choice selections on their own in this thread, and some more pics of the red bud girls. Sorry half you guys seem to be sick of them, but I never tire of beauty. Tight, red, spandexy beauty.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Giblet
Giblet

Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

donskar
donskar

Giblet, now that Ferrari is a tight, red beauty!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Giblet
Giblet

The car bearing the same name as the track. Legendary.

Giblet
Giblet

Shrieker

@gibbers,

Nice pics !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hamilton can't save his tyres" mythos goes down the drain. Yes he is somewhat harder on the tyres than others, but being able to look after the tyres when needed and pushing hard are two different things.

I'm surprised how appaling Schumi's drive was. I think he isn't coming back. '96 Ferrari anyone ? That car was a dog (even more so than the W01) but still he had managed to pull out some stunning drives that year. It's worth noting that F1 has changed a lot since then. So has Schumi. He's definitely not the same old Schumi we all knew. I still do feel he was forced to retirement in '06. He should have carried on, and not come back like this. I don't think he was going to fare any worse than FM or KR in 2007/08 had he stayed.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

andartop
andartop

Giblet wrote:Image

The car bearing the same name as the track. Legendary.
Dear FIA, FOTA, and anyone involved in modern F1.

THIS is how you can make F1 cars with a wider front than rear wing that do NOT look like snowploughs. Please consider that race car design used to be an art.

PS: everyone in the forum please keep quoting Giblet so we can have more of this rather than more of "XX is the best and MS is a cheater".
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ISLAMATRON

That car is actually quite ugly, and wasn't it a dog on track?

Giblet
Giblet

ISLAMATRON wrote:That car is actually quite ugly, and wasn't it a dog on track?

An ugly dog can be loved.

WhiteBlue

I believe it is a Ferrari 312 T4 (1979).
312T4
In 1979, a significant amount of progress was made in aerodynamics and to challenge Lotus, Forghieri realised he had to follow their lead and design a ground effect car for 1979. The 312T4, introduced at the 1979 South African Grand Prix was closely based on the 312T3. Its origins placed restrictions on the aerodynamic design since the T series had never been designed with ground effect in mind. The 312T4 monocoque was designed to be as narrow as possible, to take advantage of ground effects, but this was limited by the width of the flat 12 engine.
The car won 6 races in 1979, three each for Villeneuve and Scheckter. Other solid placings helped Ferrari win its fourth constructors' championship in 5 seasons and Scheckter his only drivers' championship.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Giblet
Giblet

Giblet
Giblet

I've never owned an SLR. My brother loaned me his for the race, with a decent zoom lens. It's a Nikon D50 for those that care.

It takes really good shots, but I had some focus issues, and some chainlink fence issues which many of these shots show.

I also had some beer issues, sun issues, and a perpetual need to photograph pretty female posteriors.

ISLAMATRON

WhiteBlue wrote:

I believe it is a Ferrari 312 T4 (1979).
The car won 6 races in 1979, three each for Villeneuve and Scheckter. Other solid placings helped Ferrari win its fourth constructors' championship in 5 seasons and Scheckter his only drivers' championship.
Thanks for a correction WB, so it wasn't a dog, but it was still ugly, but with some good looking aspects to it... the proportions are very nice.
Giblet wrote:Image
This Ferrari is much more beautiful, but are those the original size/shape/type tires for the car or would they have been much taller & thinner?

Giblet
Giblet

THE BOSS on his victory lap.