Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
The FOZ
The FOZ

Re: Red Bull RB6

Confused_Andy wrote:Dont teams have to have a minimum of two of the same front wings for a race (for one car), if the one on Vettel's car gets damaged they dont have the same type to replace it with meaning its a changed peice of bodywork right? Parc Ferme and all that.
This issue happened between FP3 and quali. Parc Ferme, as far as I'm aware, only exists between qualifying and the race, presumably to prevent teams changing a qualifying-friendly component to one that's more race suited between qualifying and race day.

Parc Ferme, does make allowances to change broken components, and as the reality of F1 is that it's often impossible to produce more than 1 or 2 of a new components in the 2-week span between races, the rule would also reflect that the part does not have to be replaced with an identical one.

F1Rocks
F1Rocks

Just_a_fan wrote:Those Red Bull 'camera pod' locations are taking the p#ss. Presumably they're legal but are yet another example of the rules being full of loop holes that defeat the purpose of those rules.

Good luck to them but I'm amazed the other teams haven't queried it with Charlie.
Force India introduced them a couple of rounds ago. All of the established teams will run them by the end of the year.

WhiteBlue

F1Rocks wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:Those Red Bull 'camera pod' locations are taking the p#ss. Presumably they're legal but are yet another example of the rules being full of loop holes that defeat the purpose of those rules.

Good luck to them but I'm amazed the other teams haven't queried it with Charlie.
Force India introduced them a couple of rounds ago. All of the established teams will run them by the end of the year.
Same procedure as every other good idea. 8) Or FOM will object and they all put them back to a more specified position.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

raymondu999

http://twitpic.com/24whwv

The front wing that started it all... (for this race at least)

(Link didn't work, editted)
Last edited by raymondu999 on 13 Jul 2010, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

djos

raymondu999 wrote:Image
The front wing that started it all... (for this race at least)
doesnt work
"In downforce we trust"

PlatinumZealot

segedunum wrote:
n smikle wrote:Mclaren should have just copied the REdBull straight up! Don't try to reinvent the blown diffuser! hehe... Notice that Ferrari changed their exhaust more akin to the RedBull and it seems to be working.
The Ferrari isn't doing anything of what the Red Bull system is doing. All they're doing is blowing exhaust gas around and over the diffuser. Red Bull are doing something more complex that we're only just beginning to see on here.
Who said anything about the Ferrari diffuser? I said the exhaust! It has a slant cut. That is the first visible that I see Ferreri made for silverstone. It must be best. Williams also cut the pipe slant. For the diffuser Itself, we already established that RedBull injects some air into the upper diffuser via slots. I even think they extended the length of the slot downward.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

n smikle wrote:
segedunum wrote:
n smikle wrote:Mclaren should have just copied the REdBull straight up! Don't try to reinvent the blown diffuser! hehe... Notice that Ferrari changed their exhaust more akin to the RedBull and it seems to be working.
The Ferrari isn't doing anything of what the Red Bull system is doing. All they're doing is blowing exhaust gas around and over the diffuser. Red Bull are doing something more complex that we're only just beginning to see on here.
Who said anything about the Ferrari diffuser? I said the exhaust! It has a slant cut. That is the first visible that I see Ferreri made for silverstone. It must be best. Williams also cut the pipe slant. For the diffuser Itself, we already established that RedBull injects some air into the upper diffuser via slots. I even think they extended the length of the slot downward.
I'm pretty sure that the slots weren't added till later in the season, maybe Spain. Not saying they are not important, just that RB didn't start with them.

ringo

You know, looking back at when Horner said that they adressed the RB5 low speed weakness with the RB6, it had mostly to do with the ebd.
For Sure!!

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

I can tell you that this year they are running a lot more caster on the front axle. That's a big low speed fix when you have high steering angles, such as corners over about 120 degrees.

autogyro
autogyro

BreezyRacer wrote:I can tell you that this year they are running a lot more caster on the front axle. That's a big low speed fix when you have high steering angles, such as corners over about 120 degrees.
Tightens up the rear machanicaly at low speed.
I think the floor slots bring the downforce further back at higher speeds.
Also shows not enough very low speed DF to counter mechanical front bias with softish damping. A result of the much smoother rear end that works better faster and with less drag. (there is an answer there for Merc)
It is in the over all balance that Neweys genius has scored.
Such a pity that Hamilton is not driving the car with Button.

ell66
ell66

ringo wrote:You know, looking back at when Horner said that they adressed the RB5 low speed weakness with the RB6, it had mostly to do with the ebd.

to be fair by the back end of last year the RB5 was competetive in the slow speed sections...look at there pace in singapore and abu dhabi.

marcush.
marcush.

BreezyRacer wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the slots weren't added till later in the season, maybe Spain. Not saying they are not important, just that RB didn't start with them.

it was quite early ..before even the frist race,look at scarbs site in march:
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/03/0 ... -diffuser/

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

marcush. wrote:
BreezyRacer wrote:

it was quite early ..before even the frist race,look at scarbs site in march:
http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2010/03/0 ... -diffuser/
Yep, you're right.

zgred

Intego wrote:
roost89 wrote:Red Bull, I believe, have 2 small wings between the struts on the front wing. Behind the main plain.

Don't know of any image sites, however, those that do. Can you look out for this? I saw it on TV
I saw them, too. Sadly I only found the Sutton watermark pics:
Image Image

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

zgred wrote:
Intego wrote:
roost89 wrote:Red Bull, I believe, have 2 small wings between the struts on the front wing. Behind the main plain.

Don't know of any image sites, however, those that do. Can you look out for this? I saw it on TV
I saw them, too. Sadly I only found the Sutton watermark pics:
Image Image
These are the camera locations. Note that they are now off the nose. The theory is that with this mounting they help the mandated center section of the wing. Force India did it first. It's one of the changes they were testing with old wing vs new wing.