Hispania F110

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Neco FEROX

Hispania-Cosworth F110

(This intended for the Moderators)

How come you have a page in your database for the Hispania Racing Team but you don't have a page for the Hispania-Cosworth F110?

doopie2you

Re: Hispania F110

I don't know why, but i like the Hispania F1 team. I think they got lots of potentials to become the new Force India and finish in the points.

It is obvious they have a terrible package this year, and they don't have a high budget like McLaren so they can't just go spend allot of money to make a new one. But if i were team principle I think I would organise some sort of action that allows young engineers who are following a study for designing and development of racing cars the change to design their own CFD F1 car. This way you get a car just like Virgin. And because Virgin is doing better then Hispania this year i think that is a good idea. Then they got this whole season to test parts and make theme reliable and then next year they can start fighting in the back of the field!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD21oN-8cV4[/youtube]
What does IDK means?? (someone) i dont know (other dude) OMG no one knows

astracrazy
astracrazy

thought i might try and bring something new to this car - new sponsors on the engine cover and barge board?

something to do with senna's replacement maybe or permanent?

forty-two

I was at the British GP, and I have to say that the Hispania cars looked nice. Yes they were slow, but something about the paint job or shape of the car made it look cool.

Completely opinion based and subjective, so totally off topic on a technical forum, but nonetheless my tuppence into the debate.

Can anyone tell me what "Vamos Espania" means?
The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the Universe and ... Everything?

ringo

must be world cup related.
For Sure!!

Italiano
Italiano

Go Spain.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

TheRMVR

doopie2you wrote:I don't know why, but i like the Hispania F1 team. I think they got lots of potentials to become the new Force India and finish in the points.

It is obvious they have a terrible package this year, and they don't have a high budget like McLaren so they can't just go spend allot of money to make a new one. But if i were team principle I think I would organise some sort of action that allows young engineers who are following a study for designing and development of racing cars the change to design their own CFD F1 car. This way you get a car just like Virgin. And because Virgin is doing better then Hispania this year i think that is a good idea. Then they got this whole season to test parts and make theme reliable and then next year they can start fighting in the back of the field!

Why do you think they've got potential? There is no good chassis, there aren't any talented designers, there is no money, no long term sponsors and the drivers aren't the top either.

I just see no potential at all. Lotus on the other hand has potential. A very steady and solid base, enough money to secure their participance, some good designers, good drivers with a lot of experience and above all a good spirit and a clear mission or goal.

I think Virgin is somewhere in between, but if I've to put my money on who's going to be the next FI of the new teams, it would be Lotus without a doubt.
If I had to put my money on who's the first team to drop out it would be Hispania.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

TheRMVR wrote:
doopie2you wrote:I don't know why, but i like the Hispania F1 team. I think they got lots of potentials to become the new Force India and finish in the points.

Why do you think they've got potential? There is no good chassis, there aren't any talented designers, there is no money, no long term sponsors and the drivers aren't the top either.

I just see no potential at all. Lotus on the other hand has potential. A very steady and solid base, enough money to secure their participance, some good designers, good drivers with a lot of experience and above all a good spirit and a clear mission or goal.

I think Virgin is somewhere in between, but if I've to put my money on who's going to be the next FI of the new teams, it would be Lotus without a doubt.
If I had to put my money on who's the first team to drop out it would be Hispania.
Totally aggree, i see Hispania in F1 in 2011, just again... The thing is that im looking at the Hispania team, and the rumors that they are to be moving in to the Toyota facility in Cologne sometime later this year says to me that therecould just be some milage in saying that Toyota may still be intrested in F1, as long as it was on a sound basis. The Kolles connection also is one that may be worth investigating as well.

Personally, i can see the team arround till sometime next year, then do a Supar Aguri and pull out early mid season. As i see the Carbonate financial dealings thing stopping the team from operating as one of his asstes, this may lead to a buy-out.

Lotus future is assured, Virgin is still searching for a solid base, but will get there, as they will be where Lotus are now at the start of next year, but Virgin will be hamstrung by lack of wind tunnel use.

czt
czt

TheRMVR wrote: but if I've to put my money on who's going to be the next FI of the new teams, it would be Lotus without a doubt.
The way Lotus are going they aren't going to be the next FI, they are going to become FI! There's probably as much FI in Norfolk now as there is at Silverstone!!

Scania
Scania

TheRMVR wrote:

I don't think Lotus will be the next FI, I think they will done better then it.

Pierce89

In the youtube video you can hear that the
f110 has to brake a very long time for corners
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Pierce89 wrote:In the youtube video you can hear that the
Thats the effect of low retardation steel brakes. They used them for the first 4 fly-aways as their cars wouldnt have been on the grid with out them at that stage, however they have since upgraded to high retardation carbon-ceramic brakes, thus saving nearly 20KG in weight on the car as well.

aral
aral

ESPImperium wrote:
Thats the effect of low retardation steel brakes. They used them for the first 4 fly-aways as their cars wouldnt have been on the grid with out them at that stage, however they have since upgraded to high retardation carbon-ceramic brakes, thus saving nearly 20KG in weight on the car as well.
The cars had carbon discs from the word go. There was never a question of using steel discs. They said that they were using metal wishbones at the start, but that was all! And that was because HRT wouldnt pay Dallara!

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

gilgen wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:
The cars had carbon discs from the word go. There was never a question of using steel discs. They said that they were using metal wishbones at the start, but that was all! And that was because HRT wouldnt pay Dallara!
I think youll find they were using steel brakes as well. Overall, the F110 hasnt had any aero updates at all, only the braked and front suspension components have been replaced with carbon ones. The rear suspension will be soon, with some small updates to the aero, but not much as Geoff Willis has been getting the basic internals of the car to flow and be homogenious to each other, as the car just dosnt flow.

The car still dosnt have many things that the BAR005 was more advanced as a car.

raceman

^^Yes, they were using steel brakes at the start.