Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vall
vall

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

I personally want him to stay for another year and get spanked again :D

Chaparral

Whiteblue wrote:
He did the same in 2005 when the car did not fit the tyres, btw. In 2006 he was back to some real good performances.
And was comprehensively out driven by Alonso in both years - whats your point :roll:
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

WhiteBlue

Chaparral wrote:Whiteblue wrote:
He did the same in 2005 when the car did not fit the tyres, btw. In 2006 he was back to some real good performances.
And was comprehensively out driven by Alonso in both years - whats your point :roll:
You mean the way Alonso is now outdriven by Vettel, Webber, Button and Hamilton?
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vall
vall

WhiteBlue wrote:
Chaparral wrote:And was comprehensively out driven by Alonso in both years - whats your point :roll:
You mean the way Alonso is now outdriven by Vettel, Webber, Button and Hamilton?
ha-ha Button? You seem to forget that with a bit more luck in Masaisya, Monaco, Canada, Valencia and UK, he could have been on top of the table

GTO

vall wrote:if Shummy retires, who will take his place in Merc?
Ideally, Merc would prefer another German driver...Sutil, who has impressed me in the Force India.

Since Paul Di Resta is getting an opportunity to test for Force India, I would like to see Bruno Spengler also get an opportunity to test with Merc & get his feet wet in an F1 car.

Dukeage
Dukeage

Sutil is certainly good enough, and is the logical option having experience in the Mercedes-powered Force India

Following him impressing once again, where to for Kamui Kobayashi? If I was Eric Boullier I'd be trying to sign him up alongside Bob Kubica. Then again, perhaps Sauber might be better next year ...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Sutil makes too many mistakes. Raikonen is the way to go. Stick him in a good car and he will run rings round everyone else.

marcush.
marcush.

they have signed Heidfeld ,forgot this? he is damn sure a safe bet and I have not seen anything in terms of brainfade compared to sutil...so what.
but who said the old man is looking for a place to hide behind a desk in Stuttgart..
He is top 10 material for sure already and we will see if the gap will increase to Rosberg .

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Hell top ten after 3 years out at 41 in the 4th best car.

Not bad when you look at it that way.
Just shows you how little idiots like Eddie Jordan know.
More could have been done.
David Purley

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Heres a slight curveball for the second seat at Renault, and i think that hs is now hating being at Virgin, but Glock may be a shoe in for the Renault second seat. He is hugely tallened and has masses of experience, he outclassed Trulli in 2009 in the Toyota, and was tipped to sign on as the second driver with Renault as late as Abu Dhabi last year.

Personally, i think he is now regretting taking that seat as he is looking at Jarno at Lotus and also Hekki (a driver more equal to Glock IMO) at Lotus and seeing that they are making more success in a smaller time than he has with Virgin.

I think that the Virgin drive has damaged Glock a little now, and may be boxed to that drive for another couple of years, but by that time it may be too late for a big seat drive to come allong.

I think that if Glock was given the opertunity of a Renault drive for $4 million a year, he would sign, just to be at the sharp end again, or closer to it.

The silliness for 2011 seats hasnt finished yet. STR have Alguersauri, but not Buemi according to him, i think he is also being looked at by a few teams as well.

marcush.
marcush.

Virgin trying to keep glock ,but they now have to show their strength in development and leapfrog lotus to do so.
glock has a two year contract...but i think if the car does not improve now continously he will ask for being released...

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Schumacher is almost a rookie this season. Combined with a poor car he is not going to do anything too special is he?

If Merc sort the car out for next year he will be right at the frot showing all the young pretenders how it's done! :D

myurr
myurr

andrew wrote:Schumacher is almost a rookie this season. Combined with a poor car he is not going to do anything too special is he?

If Merc sort the car out for next year he will be right at the frot showing all the young pretenders how it's done! :D
At the beginning of the season I would have agreed with you, but half way through the season he should be at least matching Rosberg. His problem is that he is still some way short of Rosbergs pace on more occasions than otherwise, and for someone with his experience you would expect the 'rookie season' excuses to have stopped by now.

My own view is that he no longer has the same car control, things are happening that little bit too fast for him so instead of predicting what the car is going to do he's having to react to it and is constantly chasing after the car. Rosberg doesn't seem to be having the same problems, despite the car being equally bad for both of them and him also being new to the team.

donskar
donskar

myurr wrote:
andrew wrote:Schumacher is almost a rookie this season. Combined with a poor car he is not going to do anything too special is he?

At the beginning of the season I would have agreed with you, but half way through the season he should be at least matching Rosberg. His problem is that he is still some way short of Rosbergs pace on more occasions than otherwise, and for someone with his experience you would expect the 'rookie season' excuses to have stopped by now.

My own view is that he no longer has the same car control, things are happening that little bit too fast for him so instead of predicting what the car is going to do he's having to react to it and is constantly chasing after the car. Rosberg doesn't seem to be having the same problems, despite the car being equally bad for both of them and him also being new to the team.
I think that's a fair assessment. I'm a big fan of M Schu, but I think it's time to go.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

WhiteBlue

Ivone Pinton, Durango Motor sport wrote:"I really hope together we will find a place, I still don't know where the car would be built, but the team's base will definitely be ours, in the Veneto (region of Italy)
This would suggest that a UK base with the connected speculation about ex Aguri and ex Arrows people would be contradicted.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)