Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ringo

Re: Red Bull RB6

I meant to say It's medium downforce requirement at most, nothing over 3.2g in the turns. Kinda like Canada too, with the long straight and hair pin.
Red bull don't have the strongest engine, so they may be aiming at reducing the drag at the cost of a little front wing downforce. And downforce is something they have in abundance, more than enough for a simple track like this.
For Sure!!

mep

AbbaleRacing77 wrote:The Ferrari exhaust is ceramic coated, the red bull exhaust is not. End of story. Its not turning blue because its rich or lean. Ferrari has at least 50 people working on their motors and you know its running perfect. They turn blue because there running 18,000 rpm and glow bright red. Thats it... theres no other underlying secret... moving on
No not end of story.
Why do you think its ceramic coated?
And where is the coating on the inside or outside?
Marcus for example thinks it is electropolished.
(and I thrust him more because he brings reasonable arguments)
You totaly miss the point of disscusion because both engines are operated by many people, both run 18.000rpm, both glow red and therefore turn blue. Nobody is talking about that.

marcush.
marcush.

mep wrote:
AbbaleRacing77 wrote:The Ferrari exhaust is ceramic coated, the red bull exhaust is not. End of story. Its not turning blue because its rich or lean. Ferrari has at least 50 people working on their motors and you know its running perfect. They turn blue because there running 18,000 rpm and glow bright red. Thats it... theres no other underlying secret... moving on
No not end of story.
(and I thrust him more because he brings reasonable arguments)
You totaly miss the point of disscusion because both engines are operated by many people, both run 18.000rpm, both glow red and therefore turn blue. Nobody is talking about that.
I don´t think the ferrari exhaust has seen any thing more than a short burst of startup ...more seconds than minutes..the RB has seen use .

If the ferrari exhaust was ceramic coated ,why should it show colour? the colour is stemming from oxidation ...i don´t think a ceramic WILL oxide and show steel like coloration...

this is not meant to be offensive just my view,but feej free to challenge :oops:

wesley123
wesley123

strad wrote:I think I understand what you mean, but what you say is funny..attention to every minor detail equals superior performance.
Indeed, but actually the point is the whole car is as simple as possible, wich makes it actually perfect. If you look carefully at it the only interresting parts are the EBD and the front wing, further it is just a real clean shaped car, wich helps its performance alot, also an simple built car is easier to understand and also leaves more room for development.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

mep

I agree marcus to your nice and clean argumentation.
We must wait for a enlightening statement of AbbaleRacing77 now.

AbbaleRacing77
AbbaleRacing77

mep wrote:I agree marcus to your nice and clean argumentation.
Mep... You can keep pondering the subject for days, but I'm pretty damn sure that they're using a product more commonly known as cerama-chrome. It goes by many different names in the industry but it is pretty much the way to go when coating any exhaust. It turns blue because it is a chrome and ceramic combination so it serves all the beneficial properties of a ceramic coating (holds more heat in the pipe which increases flow equaling more HP) yet has a beautiful chrome look to it. So Why does it turn blue? Well Its no secret that chrome turns blue when it is heated to extreme temperatures and goes through a process called oxidization (Marcush was right about this). But what would i know? I've only spent the last 10 years building and driving open wheel cars in different categories around the world. Maybe Ferrari has some new plating process that they've come up with but i doubt it, they most certainly send they're exhausts out to an outside source to be coated.

And Mep thank you for adding that bit of sarcasm to your last post. I suggest you close your text books and go turn a wrench before downplaying someone else's post so quickly. :oops:

marcush.
marcush.

AbbaleRacing77 wrote:
mep wrote:I agree marcus to your nice and clean argumentation.
Mep... You can keep pondering the subject for days, but I'm pretty damn sure that they're using a product more commonly known as cerama-chrome. It goes by many different names in the industry but it is pretty much the way to go when coating any exhaust. It turns blue because it is a chrome and ceramic combination so it serves all the beneficial properties of a ceramic coating (holds more heat in the pipe which increases flow equaling more HP) yet has a beautiful chrome look to it. So Why does it turn blue? Well Its no secret that chrome turns blue when it is heated to extreme temperatures and goes through a process called oxidization (Marcush was right about this). But what would i know? I've only spent the last 10 years building and driving open wheel cars in different categories around the world. Maybe Ferrari has some new plating process that they've come up with but i doubt it, they most certainly send they're exhausts out to an outside source to be coated.

And Mep thank you for adding that bit of sarcasm to your last post. I suggest you close your text books and go turn a wrench before downplaying someone else's post so quickly. :oops:
please check if this is the product you are referring to?

http://www.finishlinecoatings.com/faq.htm

mep

@AbbaleRacing77:
It seems like you do not really understand what the point is.
It is not like riding a dead horse when asking about exhaust material.
Some people on this forum started to wonder about the different color and this question is related more to the fact why one is dark and the other not.
So we came up with the idea that they have different materials, coatings, surface treatments. This question remains open until it is solved and not when you decide that we have to move on. If you have some knowledge we don't have feel free to bring it in.
The Ferrari exhaust is ceramic coated, the red bull exhaust is not. End of story.
A comment just like this doesn't help very much.
You must at least bring a bit more information’s otherwise nobody will believe you even when it’s correct. Things I already mentioned:
At least you did better in your last post. You must understand this place lives from bringing information or sometimes just ideas or theories but you should always bring them together with good arguments. Just throwing a few words here and then command us to shut up is misconduct. Furthermore don’t attack the poster attack his ideas.

Btw.:
Just motorsport experience is also no good argument. It doesn’t prove anything and it doesn’t explain anything even when something might have run for years. It is even a bit odd when experience is the only argument people can bring up in a serious discussion.
In your case you brought up better arguments too. So these sentences are not so important for you now but there are some other members here who like to do so. On the other side many members here also have their experience and show very good discussion skills.

marcush.
marcush.

In my work I´m used to people being a bit fixed in their view or opinion .Constant asking and taking nothing for granted will help to brake up the crust.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Germany. Saturday

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

marcush.
marcush.

that rear is really tightly packaged the collector seems to touch the outer skin of the sidepod wall .... :wtf:

timbo
timbo

marcush. wrote:that rear is really tightly packaged the collector seems to touch the outer skin of the sidepod wall .... :wtf:
Yeah, and look how tight it is for the flow thru radiators to that central exit...

autogyro
autogyro

No suspension in the way is there.

timbo
timbo

autogyro wrote:No suspension in the way is there.
Yeah, you are right.
It really fits together with pull-rods beautifully!

zgred