Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
auto saibot

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

zmiles2 wrote:I think Raikkonen needs a seat.
where will he go?come up with own team?

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Raikonnen won't return next year no matter how much we all want him to. He looks a completely different person in the WRC and has come out of his shell in a huge way. He looks like he is having too much fun rallying to take a step down back into F1.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I think now that Petrov is starting to put a show on at Renault theres a seat there for him, Glock will stay at Virgin and Hekki at Lotus leaving Heidfeld to be the only other capable option for Renault in my opinion.

As for Force India, i can see Di Resta being in with a chance of Liuzzis seat next year as Liuzzi appart from a good showing at Canada when the pressure was on for him not to be shown the door mid season hasnt shown much since to me. Altho, is Chandhok gets the boot from Hispania, the powerful tool in India may be to put a Indian in that seat, whitch as Scot, id be unhappy about but can understand the reasons why.

One other driver that i can see being gone for the rest of the season is Chandhok, i think Yamamotto will be in that seat for all but a couple of races.

As for next years line up:

01 & 02 - Red Bull-Renault = Webber/Vettel TD: Riccardo
03 & 04 - McLaren-Mercedes = Hamilton/Button TD: Paffett (Altho they could go for Hartley here)
05 & 06 - Ferarri: Alonso/Massa TD: Badoer/Gene/Fisichella
07 & 08 - Mercedes GP: Schumacher/Rosberg TD: TBC
09 & 10 - Renault: Kubica/Petrov TD: Tung/D'Ambrosio/Grosjean
11 & 12 - Force India-Mercedes: Sutil/Di Resta**OR**Chandhok TD: Di Resta**OR**Chandhok
14 & 15 - Williams-Cosworth = Barrichello/Hulkenberg TD: Botas
16 & 17 - Sauber-Ferarri = Kobiyashai/Heidfeld**OR**Bianchi TD: Rossi/Guiteriez
18 & 19 - STR-Ferarri = Buemi/Alguersauri TD: Vergne
20 & 21 - Team Lotus-Renault = Trulli/Kovailinenn TD: Fauzy
22 & 23 - Hispania-Cosworth = Yamamotto/Nakajimma TD: Klien (If they use the Toyota TF110, but modified)
24 & 25 - Virgin-Cosworth = Glock/Di Grasi TD: Soucek/Razia
26 & 27 - Epsilion-Renault = Senna/Clos TD: Hartley (If McLaren dont pick Hartley up)

*ALL NUMBERS BASED ON CURRENT PLACINGS IN WDC AND CONSTRUCTORS TITLE (Exept Mercedes GP driver numbers)*

andrew
andrew

Sutil seems to be the favourite for Petrov's seat if Renault give him the heave however I have read that Sutil considers Force India to be a better long term option.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

If Sutil gets Petrovs seat, i can see Petrov going to one of the smaller teams, and with the vacancy at Force India, Nick Heidfeld will have a shoe in there; leaving Di Resta, Liuzzzi and Chandhok as the only credible candadates for the second seat.

Sutil will stay at Force India i feel tho, and Heidfeld will be at Renault or Sauber next year.

On Sauber, expect them to be renamed Telemex Sauber-Ferarri for 2011, putting GP2 drivers Maldanado and Perez and GP3 driver Guiteriez in the picture for the seat that De La Rosa has at current.

PlatinumZealot

You like Hartley ESP? :) No way Mlaren would pick him up as a test driver in times like these IMO. Remember Silverstone? I really don't think Hartley could have done what Gary did that weekend.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

raymondu999

I actually don't think that Chanders will skip Di Resta to be the Force India race driver, or that Gary Paffett will be dropped. Just basic team loyalty would dictate otherwise.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Next thing to come out is that HRT will merge with Epsilon for 2011, thus leaving JV-Durango to come into F1.

andrew
andrew

raymondu999

While we're on the subject of SILLY season 2011, does anyone think Webber or Vettel will spontaneously cut their contract this year and move to another team due to the many fallings-out they've had so far?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

ah where should they go? Sauber? who would kick their drivers out ? vettel will stay but if Webbo clinches the title I´m almost sure he´d quit....maybe a decent chance for heidfeld looming?

747heavy

not driver related, but it looks like that Ferrari is fishing in the RBR pond,

http://www.motorsport-magazin.com/forme ... t-auf.html

and are interested in RBR strategy man Neil Martin.

Well, I did not think, that RBR is/was particular good at strategies so far.
Last edited by 747heavy on 01 Sep 2010, 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.
marcush.

that one did strike me as well..the managed to make a mess out of almost everything..maybe ferrari need a bad example..:-)

donskar
donskar

Interesting rumor in motorsport.com that Kubica and Massa will swap seats next year. I'd like to see it happen. I like Massa, but Kubica IMHO has much more potential for future growth.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill