Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marcush.
marcush.

Re: Red Bull RB6

is this in the right hand upper corner of the picture maybe ,just maybe the camera housings trailing edge in black we see? so a turkey wing...?

they have to go with both wings through tech inspection ..as they have to get everything they want to use scrutineered ..right?

raymondu999

marcush. wrote:So a turkey wing...?
Mmm... can I have chicken wings instead? :D
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

have to admit the german was funny by accident..

chicken wings only available from Sauber this weekend ..I´m sorry... [-X [-X

raymondu999

Oh right. They've got burger king
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ell66
ell66

astracrazy wrote:i think your right, i don't think the wing flexed in turkey.

so if that is the case, are we saying the wing was illegal and would fail the new FIA tests?
the wings have been flexing since china

aral
aral

The photos shown are in fact old photos. Red Bull hae confirmed that they will be using their "Hungarian" wing in the race. They expect no problems in passing the new test, or even the tests proposed for Monza.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

gilgen wrote:The photos shown are in fact old photos. Red Bull hae confirmed that they will be using their "Hungarian" wing in the race. They expect no problems in passing the new test, or even the tests proposed for Monza.
No, the photos in fact aren't old, they are from today. From the photo on wri2.net (the studio that took the picture):
00003306-025 (SH_R8866.jpg)
WRI2
Jad Sherif
26/08/2010 Spa-Francorchamps Belgium
Belgian GP Thursday 26/08/10
Red Bull front wings endplates. Circuit Spa-Francorchamp
They'll probably evaluate it along with the other wing.

aral
aral

imightbewrong wrote:
gilgen wrote:The photos shown are in fact old photos. Red Bull hae confirmed that they will be using their "Hungarian" wing in the race. They expect no problems in passing the new test, or even the tests proposed for Monza.
No, the photos in fact aren't old, they are from today. From the photo on wri2.net (the studio that took the picture):
00003306-025 (SH_R8866.jpg)
WRI2
Jad Sherif
26/08/2010 Spa-Francorchamps Belgium
Belgian GP Thursday 26/08/10
Red Bull front wings endplates. Circuit Spa-Francorchamp
They'll probably evaluate it along with the other wing.
I am still puzzled. Apparently there has been heavy rain all day, but the shots shown are in the dry. And I am not sure that even if it was dry, that any practice would be permitted. There is always the possibility that the photo caption could be incorrect. But maybe it was, as I suggested earlier, there for comparison purposes. RBR are adamant that they will be using the Hungarian wing.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

raymondu999 wrote:That's interesting. Did they revert to an older wing?
It looks like they have. Although there was flexing in wings since China it was much more pronounced after Turkey. Horner has said that the tests won't affect Red Bull and I think he's probably telling the truth. However, if they did have to change things then I also would expect them to come out and say that the new tests wouldn't affect them...

volarchico
volarchico

gilgen wrote: I am still puzzled. Apparently there has been heavy rain all day, but the shots shown are in the dry. And I am not sure that even if it was dry, that any practice would be permitted. There is always the possibility that the photo caption could be incorrect. But maybe it was, as I suggested earlier, there for comparison purposes. RBR are adamant that they will be using the Hungarian wing.
The one photo from today shows the wing on a cart of some sort, so it is probably taken in the pits and not running. You wouldn't be able to tell if it was dry/wet from that picture anyway.

EL_XR6
EL_XR6

volarchico wrote:
gilgen wrote: I am still puzzled. Apparently there has been heavy rain all day, but the shots shown are in the dry. And I am not sure that even if it was dry, that any practice would be permitted. There is always the possibility that the photo caption could be incorrect. But maybe it was, as I suggested earlier, there for comparison purposes. RBR are adamant that they will be using the Hungarian wing.
The one photo from today shows the wing on a cart of some sort, so it is probably taken in the pits and not running. You wouldn't be able to tell if it was dry/wet from that picture anyway.
Well if you go to this link: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... ?iID=49496
which was posted earlier, you can see in the previous picture the wing of the McLaren which is clearly wet.

thestig84
thestig84

EL_XR6 wrote:
volarchico wrote:
Well if you go to this link: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... ?iID=49496
which was posted earlier, you can see in the previous picture the wing of the McLaren which is clearly wet.
Gilgen Im not sure what you mean about practice being permitted? Those photos were taken on thursday so of course not running is allowed. Anyway they have run the Hungary spec wing in P1...not the one in the photo. Often they will line any all sorts of different spec wings outside the garages on thursday. Doesnt mean they will run them, more likely used them for pitstop practice etc.

aral
aral

The one photo from today shows the wing on a cart of some sort, so it is probably taken in the pits and not running. You wouldn't be able to tell if it was dry/wet from that picture anyway.[/quote]
which was posted earlier, you can see in the previous picture the wing of the McLaren which is clearly wet.[/quote]

The photos showed a car running with the wing. I just said that these could not be photos fron Spa, as practice was not allowed on Thursday. Perhaps the poster should have said that the photos were from Turkey. The implication was that they were from Spa.

zgred

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

gilgen wrote:The photos showed a car running with the wing. I just said that these could not be photos fron Spa, as practice was not allowed on Thursday. Perhaps the poster should have said that the photos were from Turkey. The implication was that they were from Spa.
I finally get your confusion. I thought I made it clear that the photos that I posted were from turkey, but I can see why you got confused. I posted those photos from turkey to show that the wing was the same as the one taken from spa.