Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: SIlly Season 2011 Thread

Maybe they want Neil Martin because he's most usually wrong? They'd just do the opposite of what he tells them to do :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

marcush.
marcush.

raymondu999 wrote:Maybe they want Neil Martin because he's most usually wrong? They'd just do the opposite of what he tells them to do :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

i would call that a safe bet..I think the same was true for Schumacher present on the pitwall at Ferrari .If he was there you could bet they were too ambitous and gambled too much ...not making it into Q2 even sometimes...maybe they feel the need for that ...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Esteban Gutierrez as a tester for *Telmex Sauber along with a move up to GP2? This kid better win GP3, but a bad weekend in Belgium let his rivals take a good chunk out of his good lead.

*Not official.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

mangesh
mangesh

Karun driving Red Bull in Korea. Does that mean he could be signed for Torro Rosso?

marcush.
marcush.

I´m pretty sure Heidfeld is a hot ticket with his Pirelli experience .Is there naything official when his pirelli contract will be terminated ? may it be he´s up for a return to Merc as these have not nominated a replacement for him?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

mangesh wrote:Karun driving Red Bull in Korea. Does that mean he could be signed for Torro Rosso?
Id recon that he could be the STR Test driver next year, but then again, i can see him in a seat for 2011 as his performances have been top class this year.

The rest of the driver market depends on who signs for the second Renault seat.

raceman

Yamamoto sucks! He is just there because of the sponsor money. Damn HRT!!! [-X

wesley123
wesley123

yes, i believe it was something like 2.5 million per race? When hearing that Petrov's seat doesnt sound that expensive anymore...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

marcush.
marcush.

i´d say ..that makes for a nice income for Mr Kolles till the end of the year.. The three chaps have paid all the bills nicely ....how much can this have cost realistic money ...how many people work for HRT at this time ?
more than 100? with no development going on for this year I ´d think the poor devils pay for next years car already...:-)

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Kamui Kobayashi confirmed at Sauber for 2011.

I'm curious to know who will be the other driver.

This may just be the best way for Sergio Perez (GP2) to come into F1, but with Pastor Maldonado winning the championship he might not be considered. So far Sauber has not denied the Telmex sponsorship, which might just open the door for Perez or even Esteban Gutierrez (GP3).
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

Karun Chandhok?

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I have a funny feeling that Chandhok is going to be the Red Bull Test Driver next year somehow.

But, if he was offered a drive at Sauber next year with Perez having another year in GP2, but being the Sauber test driver it may be better for the guy, with Guiterez spending next year most certanly in GP2 next year it would be a way for Mexican drivers for the future.

Lower down the grid its a lottery, i have a feeling that Di Grasi is on the cusp of being replaced, but shows plenty of performance when he needs. If he is replaced, i think Senna may be the bag for Virgin here. I think that Hispania wii not keep any of their current drivers, i feel that they will have 3 drivers that will be able to pay the biggest cheque they can, where i think Petrov will end up as i think that Renault will replace him, if he dosnt come within 2 or 3 places of Kubica for the remaining of the races.

747heavy

Lotus closing in on Renault deal

:arrow: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86450
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

WhiteBlue

747heavy wrote:Lotus closing in on Renault deal
Funny how they say "closing on a deal" and then they admit that Lotus may not have the money to buy themselves out of a legal three year contract. :lol:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

nacho
nacho

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Kovalainen says he knows were he will be driving next year but it will take a few days when it is announced.