Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Lotus and renault for 2011 more than a certanty now: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86677
Sauber to hire Heidfeld as of Singapore: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86674

Both good moves, and worthy investments for the future.

Also would allow another driver to have input on the Pirelli F1 tyre as they need at least 3 drivers input in my opinion so they can get the best out of the tyre.

andartop
andartop

I'm glad to see Heidfeld coming back, though I can't see Sauber offering him a winning car as I'm sure he'd like...

As far as Pirelli is concerned I agree they need more drivers' input. Maybe they could approach Kimi. Then again maybe they need someone who would say something more than "the tire is good" or the "tire is no good".
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

WhiteBlue

De la Rosa is a good test driver. Swapping him with Heidfeld would not be a big loss for Pirelli. But having Heidfeld score some more points would be good for Sauber if they have sorted their 2011 budget as they claim.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Morteza

If Heidfeld returns to Sauber, why did they bring De la Rosa in the first place? Nick has been driving for BMW Sauber since 2006 and could stay with them this season as well or was it Heidfeld himself who wanted to separate? Perhaps salary problems :?:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Didnt take long for Team Lotus-Renault to be announced.

As for Heidfeld, it will be a big loss for Pirelli, and i do feel that Pirelli should take on information from at least 4 diffrent drivers before they finalise their design. maybey they have seen this and with Sauber looking for a replacement for De la Rosa reportedly since Canada, Heidfeld would be the best replacement. But... If the finance from Mexico is coming for 2011 from Telmex, why not get Perez or Guiterez in for a Kobiyashai style grounding in the sport??? Get them installed and aquanted in the seat before the end of the season, meaning that they will be able to have a bit of contenuity from this year to next.

marcush.
marcush.

I´m pretty sure you need one guy in charge who is at least a bit seasoned .especially when the team itself is in a process of restructuring there is a need for one guy standing steady in the storm...which PDR certainly is not.
Two hotshoes is not really a good idea see TR ..a guy like Barrichello is pushing a young guy on all fronts not just trying to squeeze the car more than you teammate.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Good counter argument!!!

STR is in need of a seasoned guy, someone who has been over the course a few times i aggree, personally i can see Alguersauri being given till mid way thru next year as he isnt developing as well as what Buemi has, but Buemi is still a way from the finished article himself.

As for Sauber, two hot young guys is generaly a certain way to failure, but look at what Sauber have done in the past, look at when Kimi was there, they managed to have Kimi and Heidfeld in the same team and both were hot shots in 2001, next year they still had Heidfeld, altho more experienced than the yound Brazillian Massa, by 2 seasons, still was a hot shot.

My point is that Peter Sauber has always had a way of managing a couple of hot young drivers that altho may not have the technichal level or experince, can still push the team. However, F1 has changed since the early 200s ill admit.

What may be a good idea for Sauber to do is hire Heidfeld and then take on Perez, they already have Guiterez on a development contract, and have either Perez or Guiterez do what Force India are doing with Di Resta and have either one of them run in FP1 for all the remaining GP, with exeption to Korea and posibly Singapore as its the night race.

I think DLR has ran his course in F1 now and should either look toward ALMS or test Driving from now on, maybes with one of the new teams for his experience, maybes he should go to Hispania.

marcush.
marcush.

I´d think DLR is a bit like Alex Wurz ..lacking ultimate speed ,but wurz surely was the better racer ..dlr seems to try and do it by a good strategy ,kobayashi without anything expirience is always as quick and most of the time racing better than him.

raceman

=D>

Bring on Heidfeld, he is a very good racer. It will be nice to see the 'Quick Nick' again on track racing..... :P

spinmastermic

STR is a Red Bull junior team. Why would they put in an experianced driver?

marcush.
marcush.

for the sake of nuturing talent that is.What do we know how to rate Buemi or Jaime A.ß?when Vettel and Bourdais beat RedBull in qualy no questions open yes..but currently it´s rather impossible to rate car /engineering/driver input in their performance.is TR car so much worse now or is it the drivers that miss the last bit? they tried this with speed and liuzzi and went nowhere both really not championmaterial and now buemi and Jaime..the system would need to be a lot harder ..new guy in half a season to prove he is quicker than the teammate if not byebye.If he does beat him bye bye to the driver longer in service ....they would have gone through at least 2 more drivers in the time.Of course these guys get better with time..but as anything in lf this can be learned to a degree but in reality this is not talent.

zeph
zeph

Raikkonen and Renault?

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

Re: Raikkonen and Renault?

Post this in silly season thread instead:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8513

Morteza

I thank Zeph for the link , As it seems Raikkonen has contacted Renault F1 team for a seat!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86688

If he comes back, it will be a very entertaining fight between him and Kubica :mrgreen:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare