Silly Season 2011 Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
raymondu999

Re: Silly Season 2011 Thread

Aww. I was hoping to see Hami vs Kimi or Alonso vs Kimi :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, Quick Nick (or is it Steady Eddie? :? ) is confirmed to be replacing delaRosa for the remainder of 2010. http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/09/14/saub ... -rosa-out/
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Sawtooth-spike

raymondu999 wrote:
Meanwhile, Quick Nick (or is it Steady Eddie? :? ) is confirmed to be replacing delaRosa for the remainder of 2010. http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/09/14/saub ... -rosa-out/
Hummm I can see why they have made this move Pedro has been consistantly poor all year. How will effect pirelli's testing? or is that over and done with?
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

raymondu999

It's interesting isn't it? First they nick Pedro for the f-duct, and now they nick Nick for Pirelli data :mrgreen:

Maybe Pirelli should get more drivers to test too, that way they can get a more balanced tyre. Say for example Button testing a tyre will produce very different results from... say... Schumacher testing a tyre. Pedro would like a swap, perhaps? :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

gibells
gibells

Is anyone privy to the penalty Lotus had to pay Cosworth to be released from their 3 year contract? I'd be interested to know.

Also interested to know what the Renault Engine/Gearbox/Kers package would cost Lotus.

Giblet
Giblet

So autosport is reporting kimi is knocking on renault's door for petrov's seat in 2011.

I'd like to see the two of them together with kubica already in a motivational leadership role there
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

must be his latest attempt at a backdoor entry into RedBull

marcush.
marcush.

without a doubt RedBull would look so much better with Kimi driving for them this year..not a split second I`d have to think if h´d done better than the two gents currently pedalling the car.
So Raikkonen does not need a backdoor if Renault ever was one towards RedBull..

FW17

Why is'nt he giving a try to Williams? They are no bad, and they have done a lot better job than Renault have this year with a lot lesser budget.

Kimi looks better in blue anyway

WhiteBlue

Giblet wrote:So autosport is reporting kimi is knocking on renault's door for petrov's seat in 2011. I'd like to see the two of them together with kubica already in a motivational leadership role there
Reikkonen/Kubica would be a strong pairing at Renault. It would probably be more of a problem for Kubica then for Reikkonen. If Kimi has the upper hand Kubica's dream of becoming a top driver would be over. If Kubica is better Kimi would simply go back to rallying.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

gibells wrote:Is anyone privy to the penalty Lotus had to pay Cosworth to be released from their 3 year contract? I'd be interested to know.

Also interested to know what the Renault Engine/Gearbox/Kers package would cost Lotus.
The penalty will probably the ammount they would have to pay for engines and gearboxes for the next 2 seasons, $10M for engines and $5M for gearboxes, so $30M in total. And the Renault deal will probably see them have the same terms as Red Bull, same parity of drivetrain and full support, all this for arround $10M a year as is the Red Bull contract. Thing is that the Lotus cars will probably have added sponsorship from Total now as well, whitch will probably be parity with Red Bull, so say $7.5 a year from them, so in reality they probably are gaining and not loosing in real terms on track, but in off track potential, its a loss of arround $40M for talking sakes, but a cheap $40M for a performance advantage over Virgin for next year, and a massive leap into the midfeild.

Those figures are all subjecture, as without intimate knowlege of the contracts, definitive figures are hard to come by.

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Total sponsorship, red and green, hideous lol.

WhiteBlue

I can almost read Tony's mind. "Ten million here and ten million there and pretty soon we are talking real money". :wink:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

zmiles2
zmiles2

Re: Raikkonen and Renault?

I'd love to see this. Kimi and Kubica would be an awesome team.
Basically I'd just love to see Kimi back in the sport!
Zach Miles- Purdue University
"Who's call was it to bring me in?...Frickin Terrible idea"
-Lewis Hamilton

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Confused_Andy wrote:Total sponsorship, red and green, hideous lol.
Not red on Red Bull is it??? White on Blue there.

More likley to be White lettering on a Green background, probably on the rear wing end plates and one other place.

Also the Pirelli logo will lok pretty smart on the Lotus, Yellow on Green.

Lotus could have the smartest liveried car on the grid for 2011 i think!!!

xpensive
xpensive

50 MUSD not to have the Cosworth for two years and the privelege of running an engine 30 Hp down on the Mercedes?

Cost reductions indeed.

Is Cosworth still allowed to do continous upgrades btw, if so they might have a decent powerplant for 2011, no?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"