Red Bull RB6

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
kalinka
kalinka

Re: Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Last edited by kalinka on 13 Sep 2010, 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Re: Red Bull RB6

Anyone know when Webber is due for a fresh engine?

thanks

marcush.
marcush.

with 1000km clocked with his current one..it cannot be long..but it seems Webbo still has two new engines still in his armoury whereas Ferrari already has used 8
and all other competitors have used 7 ..so at least 300 something km advantage for him going into the next races.

marcush.
marcush.

renault and Redbull taking very differnt aproaches as to where bleed hot air out of their engine compartment ...Renault putting everything below the beamwing possibly energising (?) difusser flow,Redbull blowing in between main Rearwing underside and Beamwing upper side...brings up the question what is the benefit to get your heat out between two wing vertically stacked elements ...would´t it help
one element and reduce effectiveness of the other? in other words would their exit not reduce downforce created by the beam wing on the RB?

bueno09
bueno09

Hey guys, i am new here.

I just saw some news about Marko complaining that the FIA front wing tests harmed Red Bull´s performance at Monza GP.
They even had to use some green paint in the back of the car to understand the new aerodynamic changes caused by the front wing being less flexible.

How much do you think this can affect Red Bull´s performance for the rest of season?
Are they still huge favorites for the next races, or Ferrari can close the performance gap on them?

Confused_Andy
Confused_Andy

Care for a source for that information?

bueno09
bueno09

I got it in a brazilian motorsport site

http://esporte.ig.com.br/grandepremio/f ... 90511.html

they said Marko made told that to a german website called "Sportwoche"

adrianjordan

marcush. wrote:with 1000km clocked with his current one..it cannot be long..but it seems Webbo still has two new engines still in his armoury whereas Ferrari already has used 8
and all other competitors have used 7 ..so at least 300 something km advantage for him going into the next races.
You may as well put Hamilton down as having 2 fresh engines too. He took a new one for Monza and it only completed Quali and a few corners!!

segedunum
segedunum

I'm not surprised they failed the tests first time. It's standard MO from Newey. he designs for the tests, not the regulations. I doubt whether it affected them much because they haven't run the kind of extreme flexing wing we saw at Hungary for much of the season. I also doubt they would run such a wing at Barcelona or Monza.

As for their performance for the rest of the season, their pace at Monza suggested that they'll be back to where they were at Singapore. They're lacking the power they need there.

raymondu999

I wonder if the team is beginning to realize that the Red Bull is a dog of an overtaker. We've seen now in a few races the car running super-long to build a gap, rather than try to overtake on track, notably Webber in Canada+Hungary, and Vettel in Monza.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

EL_XR6
EL_XR6

raymondu999 wrote:I wonder if the team is beginning to realize that the Red Bull is a dog of an overtaker. We've seen now in a few races the car running super-long to build a gap, rather than try to overtake on track, notably Webber in Canada+Hungary, and Vettel in Monza.
I don't particularly think it is. In Canada, how was Webber going to overtake someone who had a much higher top speed? At Hungary, well you really can't overtake. In regards to Monza, why did you make a general comment about the RB6 but only referred to Vettel? Webber probably made the most overtakes in that race, all on cars which had a higher top speed (by 2-3km/h) than his car. I'm sure if he was closing in on Hamilton though, he wouldn't have been able to overtake.

zgred

747heavy

No F-Duct wing ?
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Could it be a passive device? I see no reason to have the curve or the slot otherwise.
More could have been done.
David Purley

madly
madly