The "Completely Out of Thread" thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
747heavy

Re: Mercedes GP

not sure if Alt-Bier is the beverage of choice where Marcus lives, but sure you can buy it in a well sorted bottle shop.

As for a local delicatesse, "Pfälzer Saumagen" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saumagen) is probably a real test for most people on here.
Guten Appetit JET - :lol:
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

marcush.
marcush.

for Pfälzer Saumagen you would have to cross the Rhine wich is of course in spitting distance ,but still not typical for Hockenheim.. ´
I know thats nitpicky...but tbh food wise the area is not really that special.The area is famous for the private breweries though so I´d suggest to supply fresh local beer for the event smething like Bock or double Bock (I´m not into beer drinking but was told by experts the stuff is excellent) but till then i will be sure in a position to supply something that fits the agenda...
to me anything Brawn/Schumacher winning a Formula 1 GP should count even the outside bet with Renault propulsion.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

@747
I reckon the Mercedes GP tyre and chassis guys should be made to eat this Saumagen!
I think I will pass! hahaha

@X
Brawn Renault? Nah Red Bull wouldnt let him use Renault!

@ Marcush and 747
Will you be coming to this event?
More could have been done.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

@ JET and marcush;

Can you even begin how drunk I will be, either way this wager goes?

My favourite Norwegiasn mistress, double blonde she is, will be there to make sure things be all right.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

747heavy

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote: @ Marcush and 747
Will you be coming to this event?
never say never....
but at the moment I would think, it´s highly unlikly that I will be there.
but it would be good fun all the while.......
let´s see what happens until then.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

xpensive
xpensive

My Norwegian mistress says she has a very pleasant surprise for all of you, if things go completely wrong.

marcush.
marcush.

Ferrari was NOT the hot ticket for decades..until Schumacher came in ..if you wanted to be WDC ,at least.
at this time NO topline driver would want to go to mercedes so which manager would run to the MERC motorhome?
Raikkonnens Manahement asking Renault not Mercedes is telling everything there.the cloud of suspicion is cast over mercedes technical competence at this time and as we see the driver(s) are not their true problem.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

gilgen wrote:[And even Hamilton has said it at times.
That he would love to drive for Ferrari? :lol:

A drivers motivation is to win, not to drive a Ferrari. Ask any driver in the pitlane what car they want, they will all say Red Bull this year, Brawn last year etc.
If Ferrari have a lean spell again as they did in the 80s to mid 90s I hardly see Alonso dreaming of driving for them.

Point in case Williams. Ayrton Senna spoke many times of his envy of the Williams cars, and how he would have loved to have driven them after being trounced by their machines many times.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

In 1993, when Ron Dennis had to pay his holiness one MUSD for him to show up on a race-by-race basis, Ayrton Senna publicly offered to drive the winning Williams for free, something he later backtracked on. See, money also matters.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

His holiness required the money for the Senna foundation.....name me 1 driver with that legacy.
Also, Paying Senna to drive a car is hardly a rip off is it?
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

That's a heartbraking story JET, however, he also xpressed his sentiments at the time to Autosport like this; "If you want the best, you can have the best, but the best will cost you". Ron the con saw things in a different way, Senna blackmailing him in times of difficulties, saying; "You would like to have a for-better-or-for-worse relation wouldn't you?"

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Seriously Xpensive,

Are you telling me Senna was out of his bounds getting paid? Christ almighty #-o
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

During McLaren's 1993 transient season, with customer Cosworth-engines and an xperimental, sort of, US team-mate,
Senna surely made the most of his bargaining position, just like JV will do against Schumacher/Brawn next year.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

xpensive wrote:During McLaren's 1993 transient season, with customer Cosworth-engines and an xperimental, sort of, US team-mate,
Senna surely made the most of his bargaining position, just like JV will do against Schumacher/Brawn next year.
JV?

X surely you realise that Senna deserved to be paid. Whatever the negotiations where, it was Senna's right to demand what he felt he was worth. Just as its Dennis' right to decline(which he didnt). So in essence, Senna named his price, Dennis paid it and moaned like hell afterwards? Bah humbug! :lol:
He paid it cos Senna was worth it!
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

But the point was that Ron Dennis opened his mouth on the larger-than-life-deal of one MUSD per race, only after Senna has offered to drive a Williams for free and trying out Fittipaldi's Penske-hog. I'm certain that if you asked Ron Dennis today, he'd xpress his regrets falling victim of Senna's dealings, just as he would be sorry to have let go of Prost, who was there from the beginning and never even came close to such antics.